Who is riding on New Years?

I didn't ride today as I had to cut the grass but it was a beautiful day to ride, temperature was mid 30s C and bright sunshine, the same is forecast for the rest of the weekend so maybe tomorrow or Sunday.

Happy new year from the southern hemisphere summer!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

Did a 50-mile ride today to welcome and celebrate the New Year.  My little FJ was  a puppy off the leash as she gobbled up the two-lane and tore around corners.

Dash indicated 37 F degrees ambient for most of the trip so the tires never did heat up.  And I don't think the engine temp broke 160 F the whole way.  But it was a joy to be out in this new year full of new possibilities.

Man, I love this bike.

Hope you all have a healthy and happy 2021.  It's off to a good start here in Cow Hampshire!

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

On 12/31/2020 at 11:36 PM, YamaGeezer said:

It's raining tonight and all tomorrow (New Year's Day).  I have a ride planned with a couple buddies on Saturday.  Should be able to get in a few hours and North Georgia roads should be good.  Hope everyone else gets to ride.  

Happy New Year & Ride Safe!  

Update (OK, so it's January 2nd) - got in about 100 miles on nice mountain roads.  No sand from winter road treatments and lots of other bikes out in North GA.  Mostly sunny with weather in the mid 60's F.  I hope everyone who can gets out to ride soon.  

Ride Safe.  

• Thumbsup 1

Got in a short ride today, 59F and roads are nice.  Generally avoid riding after water and cold temps due to the sand thats out. Rode the scooter yesterday, around the neighborhood have to watch out for wet leaves and pine straw.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

I didn't ride on New Years Day but today was my first ride of the new year.  After many days of torrential rains and now lowland flooding, we got a reprieve today, maybe 46F and mostly overcast but I am grateful.  Off through some state forests. 👍

image.thumb.png.26cc11c64657cfbe4a6a011656b833cc.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***