FJ-09 windshield options

rusty_spoke

I have a prototype from RIFLE FARING in Atasadero CALIF. It is 6" higher & 4" wider than Stock; have had it over 100mph & its steady & quiet. They should be on the market soon. It really makes a world of difference in riding comfort. They will make several sizes! Mine is lightly TINTED & I love the looks

• Premium Member
I have a prototype from RIFLE FARING in Atasadero CALIF. It is 6" higher & 4" wider than Stock; have had it over 100mph & its steady & quiet. They should be on the market soon. It really makes a world of difference in riding comfort. They will make several sizes! Mine is lightly TINTED & I love the looks
Pictures please, or this post does not exist. 2bitchslap_zpst7e3ufi6.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Is there a laminar lip that can be clamped or screwed to the OEM screen? Someone selling them stateside? That for me might be an option other than trying different helmets and screen sizes/manufacturers.
Is my thinking somewhat correct that controlling the air hitting and flowing over the top of the shield is as important, or more so, than the height of the shield? Or....is the height paramount to lessen buffeting and noise and the lip just gives the rider the ability to fine tune the airflow?

Also. Will cutting the OEM screen down about 3" do for a rider the same as buying a shorty windshield?

• Premium Member
I swapped my original screen with grosgym's tall screen by Yamaha. I am going to try it on my commute tomorrow, but I'm going to wear my dark visor as I don't want to be seen with something so fugly. Quite a dilemma if it actually works...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I swapped my original screen with grosgym's tall screen by Yamaha. I am going to try it on my commute tomorrow, but I'm going to wear my dark visor as I don't want to be seen with something so fugly. Quite a dilemma if it actually works...
I tried Wessie's stock on Sunday. I'm 6'7" (2 meters) and the tall screen was really noisey and turbulent.  The stock is a bit of a challenge to enjoy yourself at 90mph plus for any sustained period, lots of buffeting and tiring on the neck muscles...

The hunt will continue!

Got the Cal Sci Large + 7.5" and it works great for me at 6'3" tall in the lowest position. Tried it at freeway speed with the bags on. Bike's stable, much less buffeting/noise.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
Got the Cal Sci Large + 7.5" and it works great for me at 6'3" tall in the lowest position. Tried it at freeway speed with the bags on. Bike's stable, much less buffeting/noise.
Do you have pictures of the larger screen? I ask because I have the medium screen (all that was originally available) and want to see if it looks wonky. Also deleted duplicate post.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Heres a vid I made with (insert out) for exhaust....... But you can see the Cal Sci Large + 7.5" windscreen pretty good there

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIgZYoJ0P_E]
and here 
e4N8Q5D.jpg

2016 R1
2015 FJ-09-------SOLD
2002 Wr250F
2014 Concours

Sounds great.

I just rode with my Cal-Sci tall windscreen for the first time today and am pretty happy with it. In the highest position, it protects very well (experienced some rain on the ride) and the wind noise has been greatly reduced. This is my second windscreen by them; had one on a DL-650. That did the job pretty well too, but the top was just about in the line of sight. Kinda annoying. This one is not all obstructing my vision.

Oh, and if you are interested in knowing, I am 6 foot tall.

ULEWZ, It does look a little wonky, but the comfort is undeniable.  Sorry about the duplicate post - my fingers stutter.e8kN6Ss.jpg
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Sounds great. 
I just rode with my Cal-Sci tall windscreen for the first time today and am pretty happy with it. In the highest position, it protects very well (experienced some rain on the ride) and the wind noise has been greatly reduced. This is my second windscreen by them; had one on a DL-650. That did the job pretty well too, but the top was just about in the line of sight. Kinda annoying. This one is not all obstructing my vision.

Oh, and if you are interested in knowing, I am 6 foot tall.

Can you tell us whether or not the wind is flowing above your helmet?