What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Put new Mad Hornet levers on, raised the CALSCI screen to the top and took a night ride. A Mode = Play Mode!
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Put new Mad Hornet levers on, raised the CALSCI screen to the top and took a night ride. A Mode = Play Mode!
How do you like those? I've had my eye on them for awhile now...
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Order66, They are Chinese - I ordered the long ones in silver. Took about 8-10 days to arrive.

The levers are machined aluminum; the working parts are plastic. You will need to check the nyloc nuts making sure they are tight so they aren't wobbly.

You will also need to take the bushing out of the stock lever and place it in the new clutch lever. Do not place the bronze sleeve provided in the lever at all.

I like to run my controls with fingertips and have space between the brake and throttle.  These levers are easier to reach than the stockers, with their Bullhorn shape.  The clutch lever will hit the control housing if pulled all the way to the grip, which for me was just a matter of adjustment.  
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

• Premium Member
I just got my Penske shock today, so I installed it tonight. Will test it asap.Not thrilled with where I had to mount the reservoir, but it will do for now. It doesn't intrude into the wheel well anymore than the passenger footpeg bracket did and has the same clearance to the swingarm, so it should be good for awhile.
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/daleh627/media/Penske%20mounted_zpsyslznsr9.jpg.html?o=1
http://s296.photobucket.com/user/daleh627/media/Pensky%20mounted%20looking%20down_zpsbxb9xy5h.jpg.html?filters[user]=143425774&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
Tested - shock is awesome and reservoir mounting locations works perfectly. Nothing touches.
Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

I bought a vinyl cutter last week so I could make some custom decals and they wouldn't cost a fortune. My progress so far, still yet to do the fj and stripe at the front and the wheels of course!! The bags will also get some sort of treatment when the mounts come in.

Also added a Shad Sh29 top case.

IMG_20150628_155046874_HDR_zpscha2wztj.jpg

I'm thinking the Yamaha on the sides might have to be reflective blue as well so that it flows.

Also if anyone wants something send me a pm and I'll see what I can do. I'll be trying to make shapes from pictures tonight so I'm sure I'll find the limitations of the software pretty quick

• Premium Member
I bought a vinyl cutter last week so I could make some custom decals and they wouldn't cost a fortune. My progress so far, still yet to do the fj and stripe at the front and the wheels of course!! The bags will also get some sort of treatment when the mounts come in. 

I'm thinking the Yamaha on the sides might have to be reflective blue as well so that it flows.

That Looks pretty good!

Only I would do it in a shiny green myself :)

• Premium Member
Spent some time on the FJ this weekend...shortened tag holder stem by a whole bunch, added some kellermann led signal lights, wrapped the lower hard case mounts with 3M carbon vinyl (thanks for the idea FJ-09.org)...When all was done I pulled it outside for a little sunshine.  Still dying to ride it for the first time..  soon dammit!!   

GNSacBuh.jpg

Ff4HAogh.jpg

Love the Carbon idea on the lower mounts, I will also do that for my mounts when they arrive!

The snow shot it perfect, love it! (Just need some knobby studded tires and your set!) 

• Premium Member

Also added a Shad Sh29 top case.

Also if anyone wants something send me a pm and I'll see what I can do. I'll be trying to make shapes from pictures tonight so I'm sure I'll find the limitations of the software pretty quick
Very nice! Can you take some pictures of the Shad 29 top case? I waiting for delivery of my Shad SH33! Got it for $84.00 new on fleabay.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

That Looks pretty good!

Only I would do it in a shiny green myself :)

Thanks, it really didn't take me long to figure how to make 1/4 inch strips. The harder part was trying to get the rest of the decals right. Would probably be easier to peel the original decals off and then scan and import that way. Or buy new ones and scan, could be a viable option if enough people would want exact replacements in different color combinations 
To me it can only be green if it's a Kawasaki. And this definitely isn't a Kawasaki  :P

@clint I'll take some when I get home from work tonight...too much rain to ride this morning  :(

• Premium Member
Installed evo-tech fork and rear axle sliders. Installed SW-Motech, crash bars and second OEM electrical plug in. Mounted new Garmin GPS, to handlebars. Put on my twenty year old Tour Master tank bag. Replaced stock rear tire, with a Dunlop Road Smart II. Added a battery charger plug in. 
Mikengrace.
2015 Yamaha FJ-09. SWmoteck crash bars, OEM front and rear axle sliders, Second OEM electrical plug in, Garmin GPS and mount, Powerbronze lower chin fairing, accessory battery pig tail, Evotech radiator guard. Evotech clip on tank bag.
Fully farkled 2013 Kawasaki KLR650, to keep it company.

Installed evo-tech fork and rear axle sliders. Installed SW-Motech, crash bars and second OEM electrical plug in. Mounted new Garmin GPS, to handlebars. Put on my twenty year old Tour Master tank bag. Replaced stock rear tire, with a Dunlop Road Smart II. Added a battery charger plug in. 

Wow! Thats a big day! Congrats on the upgrades!