What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

For anyone who may be interested, here’s a list of what I have added to my new (in April 2016) 2015 Matte Grey Tracer, this being my second such model. 
Safety aids:

• 2” diameter ‘dead-spot’ auxiliary mirrors

[em][/em]

Mate - 
Where on the stock mirrors did you place the smaller mirrors?

Enjoy your winter down under.

[strong]Here.[/strong] In conjunction with the mirror risers/ extenders I find I have excellent rearward vision. It is especially useful on multi-lane freeways when I like to know who’s close to me and who may be in a faraway lane but closing up fast. 
Takes a little getting used-to, having two mirrors to scan. I find the best and now entirely natural way to do it is a quick glance at the main mirror, then another in the spot mirror, rather than trying to take it all in at the one glance.

They are fixed with thick-ish double-sided 3M tape, and hold very securely.   I've had these on many bikes and recommend them.
http://i.imgur.com/lptmGQu.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/dzo8TSX.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Just got this in the mail, had to order it overseas, seems like yamaha canada doesn't want to sell good looking parts lol

gxxgZ5.jpg

I didn't do it today but I did add some mirror extenders and it's so far the best mod I've ever done to a motorcycle

MjiAuL.jpg

b8Kcyw.jpg

• Premium Member
Bought it a new tail bag. The commuter weekender look.

20160520_160244_zpsyj2qrnp6.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Well I managed to get the new tires & wheels back on tonight:

20160520_200455_resized_zps4w3ogkbg.jpg

20160520_200513_resized_zps1vrhyp86.jpg

So yeah, as expected, installation was more involved than removal. No surprises. Front wheel went on with very little struggle, but the rear was a special pain in the arse. Between balancing the wheel between my knees, trying to keep the spacers from falling out uncountable times, lining up the whole assembly while trying to get the caliper over the rotor and realizing, after success, that the effing chain needs to loop over the sprocket first... well, you get the picture.  ;)  But installed it was, with no loss of digits or limbs, and a brief test ride to confirm it was all good, while warming the chain for a thorough clean & lube. (Hey, I was already covered in grease, might as well). Good therapy. Only took 4 beers total, start to finish.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Bought a $9 "waterproof" phone cover.
The screen is responsive through the plastic.
Plenty of room for it behind the Givi screen. Just need to fab a bracket.
This is a proof of concept, and another cheap farkle, partly because the new 6" phone is too large for the tankbag pocket.
I don't know if it will be readable when moving.

I would use a real GPS rather than that 6" Asus phone, as the phone may overheat and use more power than a cable could supply.
It would also probably be vibrated to an early death on the screen mounts.

I've never used a GPS here, it's an island and you can't get lost. I have used a GPS several times overseas.

IMG_20160521_113347_zpsztyfhxbs.jpg

....Plenty of room for it behind the Givi screen. Just need to fab a bracket. This is a proof of concept, and another cheap farkle, partly because the new 6" phone is too large for the tankbag pocket.
I don't know if it will be readable when moving.....
It does look like a good location to scan easily while riding, without having to look away from the road....just too far for me to reach with my digit to tap the screen shoul I need to. I saw a post or two on here with nifty bracket ideas for this setup. I just bought an automotive Garmin unit with a Trip Planner and will be putting it in a Ram aqua box. Fraction of the cost of a Zumo.
Zip Lok bag is even cheaper, if you are looking for savings.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
I just swapped out the V-Stream touring for a V-stream sport-touring screen. The touring did a fabulous job of stopping all the buffeting and noise but I always felt a little self-conscious with it on the bike. At 5'9" it's probably just a tad too big, I'm about to go and find out...

• Premium Member
Just got this in the mail, had to order it overseas, seems like yamaha canada doesn't want to sell good looking parts lol 
gxxgZ5.jpg

I like the look of that rad guard, looks solid and well constructed. 

What brand is it? and who the supplier you purchased from? 

[div style=text-align:right]I took my first extended ride after installation of the Traxxion Dynamics fork cartridges and Penske rear shock. There was a noticeable increase in handling and management of rough pavement.

I like the look of that rad guard, looks solid and well constructed.  
What brand is it? and who the supplier you purchased from? 

It's the genuine Yamaha MT-09 rad guard available everywhere else on the planet except here in America. I got mine from here.

Fits our bikes without any issues whatsoever, I just did the install today! 

JYVTnK.jpg

Well I managed to get the new tires & wheels back on tonight: 
20160520_200455_resized_zps4w3ogkbg.jpg

20160520_200513_resized_zps1vrhyp86.jpg

Now all you need to do is a write up on those PR-4's.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)