• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Nice, I love my CalSci TS.
Which KTM hand guards did you install? Im new to the fj09 and have read about the KTM hand guards, but haven't seen which ones their using. I have a set for the 990 SMT that i was goin to install on my multistrada but going to sell that bike and would like to use them on yhe fj.
@bamarider1 check your messages, I have a question for you...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

We're finally going to see above freezing tomorrow!
Some of the TV pix of weather conditions in many parts of the US are frightening!   Here, many places touched +46 deg C (= +115 deg F) yesterday... 
LATER - In Sydney (our largest city, on the east coast of Oz) temp officially reached 47.1 deg C = 116 deg F.   Highest ever recorded there.

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I finally replaced my chain and sprockets after 17,500 miles.

v2455g0.jpg

I can't believe I waited this long. The old chain was unevenly worn and caused bad surging-like behavior while riding. The new chain is smooth like butter.

Afterwards I rode under sunny Oregon skies over to Mr. Ed's Moto to return their loaner chain tool. Now I have a cheese steak fatty on the smoker.

HUlMBV6.jpg

Thoughts and prayers for those of you in colder places like Michigan, New York, and Florida.

• Premium Member
Thoughts and prayers for those of you in colder places like Michigan, New York, and Florida.
Florida??? 

Screenshot_1.png

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Went for a nice ride today. Temps in the 40's. Sunny in Central Florida. Dressed appropriately. FJ09 riding an average temp of 159 degrees. With an average ambient temp of 44 degrees reading on the instrument panel. Life is good...
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Florida???
Didn't you guys have snow this week?
Didn't make it this far south, but it was pretty cold for us here in Central FL.  Three days in a row with mornings below freezing are enough 'winter' for me.  Should start to warm tomorrow.

Sorry to be this guy but can you all banter in a different thread? I, and I’m sure many others, are getting notifications for this thread and it’s about the weather and other non related stuff.

Please keep this thread for recent mods you have done to your FJ.

Thank you.

• Premium Member
Sorry to be this guy but can you all banter in a different thread? I, and I’m sure many others, are getting notifications for this thread and it’s about the weather and other non related stuff.  
Please keep this thread for recent mods you have done to your FJ.

Thank you.
Admittedly, the thread does occasionally wander slightly off topic. Sorry to have sullied your notifications. We'll try to do better in the future. 
BTW, to fully cement your protest rights, you might consider a paid membership.   ;)

• Premium Member
Under partly sunny skies and temperature in the mid 70's I cleaned and readjusted my newish chain. :)

A few days ago I adjusted it and I had it set very close to the Yamaha stated slack of .59" even though just sitting my fat a$$ on it and loading the suspension it seemed awful tight. :( Yesterday after putting about 50-60 miles on it under beautiful blue skies and mid 60's temperatures I noticed what I would consider excessive chain noise and I felt as if I wasn't getting full suspension travel. (honestly that could be oversensitivity on my part) My impression was that the chain was too tight.

I set the slack to a fuzz more than 1" (maybe 1 1/16") Unfortunately the partly sunny skies gave way to decidedly threating weather. :( So, I didn't get a test ride in..

The weather is supposed to clear up tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday, I hope to get a test ride in and report back...

Stay tuned

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA