What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
I think I saw you at the Exxon in Tellico. You took off before I got gassed up and could say hello.
Aw dang! Yeah probably, I was the only FJ around that weekend!
Except for me.... I was gassin up when you came out of the store. I thought you went over by the car wash and parked but when I finished and went over there y’all were gone. I went over to Robbinsville, 129, and th south foothills parkway from there. The fog made it sketchy on top in a few places. 

Let’s go Brandon

Aw dang! Yeah probably, I was the only FJ around that weekend!
Except for me.... I was gassin up hen you came out of the store. I thought you went over by the car wash and parked but when I finished and went over there y’all were gone. I went over to Robbinsville, 129, and th south foothills parkway from there. The fog made it sketchy on top in a few places. Was that on Sunday last week? We were probably about to hit the road back to Nashville. I woulda thought I'd caught another FJ with my eyes but maybe not!

Fitted EBC HH rear pads. My first mechanical adventure on a motorcycle (not counting farkles or electrics) as I’ve just let dealer/stealers do jobs up ‘til now. I remembered why when I tried to fit the pads backwards ?. The top pin that runs through the pads was corroded, but cleaned up with emery cloth.

I bled the rear circuit, tidied up the tools and looked forward to a test ride until the rain started so heavily my neighbour started building a big boat and counting animals in pairs. Ah well, the forecast is better tomorrow...

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I bled the rear circuit, tidied up the tools and looked forward to a test ride until the rain started so heavily my neighbour started building a big boat and counting animals in pairs. Ah well, the forecast is better tomorrow...
Burst out laughing, got a weird look from my co-worker.  Worth it. 

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
Heading out on a trip the end of next week. Trying to set up the cockpit. I've never used a GPS on a bike. I'm a paper map guy and just use my phone and Google maps at the end of the day to find lodging food and drinks. 0ddb0dcd7acab5cfba476a0deaba0ee5.jpg2fcfe25a89b47910764de7ee921ebe8b.jpg63d4905264304ab4bbf9e987d4fb89fa.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Heading out on a trip the end of next week. Trying to set up the cockpit. I've never used a GPS on a bike. I'm a paper map guy and just use my phone and Google maps at the end of the day to find lodging food and drinks. 0ddb0dcd7acab5cfba476a0deaba0ee5.jpg2fcfe25a89b47910764de7ee921ebe8b.jpg63d4905264304ab4bbf9e987d4fb89fa.jpg
Well, you’ll never be able to tell the wife you were late because you got lost. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
Well, you’ll never be able to tell the wife you were late because you got lost. 
She understands..... 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Heading out on a trip the end of next week. Trying to set up the cockpit. I've never used a GPS on a bike. I'm a paper map guy and just use my phone and Google maps at the end of the day to find lodging food and drinks. 0ddb0dcd7acab5cfba476a0deaba0ee5.jpg
You might find gawking down at the thing distracting... but I bet you'll have all kinds of fun anyway. Bon voyage!... bring back a story.
Yeah. I'm not sure about the whole thing.  :-/ That's an old Garmin 750. If it don't work out. If it fits it ships at the USPS. Back home it goes. 
I hope it's adventure. Just not too much adventure.... Wink, wink, nod, nod, nudge, nudge.  :)

• Premium Member
Met another fellow FJ09 rider at The Ace Cafe in downtown Orlando! We chatted for a bit. He had a new Michillin road pilot 5 rear tire. Man! That tire looks aggressive. Can't wait to put them on my bike. Still have plenty of tread on my fours. Guess I have to ride more...;-) It was nice to meet a fellow FJ09 owner. Good times!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
Forks by Matt rebuilds are finally installed.

When I finished up, it was not raining, just a balmy 44 degrees out and road surfaces were dry. So of COURSE you know I had to do a short shakedown ride.

This FJ-09 may look like my old motorcycle, but that's pretty much the only similarity it has now to the previous unmodified version. It sounds, rides, feels, handles, brakes, accelerates and pretty much does everything like an entirely different motorcycle now.

Exhaust: It's slightly loud, even with the baffle installed, I purposely rode with no earplugs just to gauge the sound on a ride. Still, it's pretty nice, even if a bit loud while on the gas. Off the gas it quiets up nicely, and thanks to the ECU flash, there's no popping or backfire off-throttle.
I don't think it's raucous enough to make my neighbors hate me.  tongue.png

Speaking of the ECU flash, it really smoothed out the low-RPM choppiness that nearly everyone complains about. Throttle response is a lot silkier now and the fueling is much better as far as I could sense.
This is a win.

The Sargent seat will take some getting used to, all 9k miles on the bike have come on the OEM saddle, and the Sarge is a LOT different. I think for long days & rides it's going to be a huge improvement, since it removes the pressure points on the arse. I kept my Alaska Leather sheepskin buttpad for a little plush. (Hey, I'm old. Get off my lawn)

The new Givi D2122S windshield is really quite nice. Although my test ride wasn't long or at speeds over 60mph, so far as I could tell it does move the air a lot better than the OEM POS, with less buffeting on my Shoei than stock. Time will tell, but I feel like this was a good purchase.

The new suspension... well, I saved the best for last. The new shock and rebuilt cartridge forks transformed this motorcycle. Granted, I have NOT tuned on it one bit, including setting the sag (very soon)... But even still, the test ride really showed my just how fantastic this motorcycle is with a good suspension under it. Fork dive under hard braking is completely resolved. Harsh, violent bumps in the pavement are barely noticeable, whereas before the stock setup would nearly loosen your fillings and crush your vertebrae. Turn-in now is almost telepathic fast, and although that may change slightly once we get the sag correctly set, it feels so much more precise and eager to turn than before. I cannot imagine how much better this bike is going to rail on the roads down at Deal's Gap in June.

Happy day!
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
Forks by Matt rebuilds are finally installed. 
The new suspension... well, I saved the best for last. The new shock and rebuilt cartridge forks transformed this motorcycle. Granted, I have NOT tuned on it one bit, including setting the sag (very soon)... But even still, the test ride really showed my just how fantastic this motorcycle is with a good suspension under it. Fork dive under hard braking is completely resolved. Harsh, violent bumps in the pavement are barely noticeable, whereas before the stock setup would nearly loosen your fillings and crush your vertebrae. Turn-in now is almost telepathic fast, and although that may change slightly once we get the sag correctly set, it feels so much more precise and eager to turn than before. I cannot imagine how much better this bike is going to rail on the roads down at Deal's Gap in June.

Happy day!
Oh how I love reading first ride impressions after a suspension upgrade, it warms my heart!!

It will be even better after the sag is set and you've "personalized" the settings.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***