What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
More like “What I’ll be doing tomorrow”. 

I’m pretty sure I have all my ducks lined up for this. 

E304-B783-D032-4738-AD50-63182-E70-E034.jpg

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
nice skins!  next year for me....so jealous
Only a couple hundred miles in, but I am super happy with the PR5s so far. I’m sure there there are other great choices, but - in my opinion - these would be hard to beat

• Premium Member
Became sickened, heartbroken and a little angry at it.
Cheating whore. She run off with a Suzuki?  ;)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Became sickened, heartbroken and a little angry at it.
Cheating whore. She run off with a Suzuki?  ;)

Report from the dealer service department is "will not start, engine spins over quickly with little to no resistance while making some grinding noises". It's my only transportation besides a bicycle and I do not have the money to fix it. I was hoping against hope that the noise I was heard was the CCT going bad, but it appears that not the case. I'm just gutted.

Report from the dealer service department is "will not start, engine spins over quickly with little to no resistance while making some grinding noises". It's my only transportation besides a bicycle and I do not have the money to fix it. I was hoping against hope that the noise I was heard was the CCT going bad, but it appears that not the case. I'm just gutted.
Sorry to hear. Sounds like you're in a real bind. What a lousy diagnosis... could they be any less descriptive?

I'm sure they could have found the issue if I could afford their time to properly diagnose it. It started fine for me before I loaded up on the trailer to take it to them. I had convinced myself at that point that it was just the CCT bring noisy, which I assumed would quickly be replaced do to the TSB or whatever is out for them. So my heart sank when they called and reported that. Actually the first guy only said "the bike won't start, it'll be another $98 to do a compression test and pull the valve cover" when I called back I got a different guy that at least explained that it was turning over just not firing.

I understand shop time and they gotta eat too but from my perspective they are charging me a hundred dollars to hit the starter button and say that it won't start.

I'd love to be able to just say fix it because I really don't want to deal with it myself. I'm just going to have to do that though. It's not that I'm not capable of diagnosing and repairing it myself, I certainly am. I just would rather not have to.

Depending on what I find when I get it home and start tearing into it may mean that it's going to be down for an extended period of time to be able to afford to replace whatever may be damaged.

I'm more mad at myself for being in this position in the first place.

Anyway that's enough bitching from me in this thread. This is supposed to be a positive thread. I'm just mad and sad.

Factory Saddlebags, Factory Rear Rack, VStream Sport Tour Screen, Grip Puppies, Mirror Extenders, Footpegs.
Switched from full face helmet with shield to dirt bike helmet and goggles.  Now I like having the wind in my face.  I live in Florida and it keeps me nice and cool. 
VS2.jpg

• Premium Member
Factory Saddlebags, Factory Rear Rack, VStream Sport Tour Screen, Grip Puppies, Mirror Extenders, Footpegs. Switched from full face helmet with shield to dirt bike helmet and goggles.  Now I like having the wind in my face.  I live in Florida and it keeps me nice and cool. 
VS2.jpg

I really like that blue. I have a grey ‘15 and will be powder coating my rims over the winter. Been looking for a subtle dark color. Will have to keep that color in mind. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

Did the same job today...

Not much to it really, opening the 30mm nut is the most difficult part...

Next job is to put 2.5 weight oil in the compression leg of the Andreanis...

• Premium Member

Did the same job today...

Not much to it really, opening the 30mm nut is the most difficult part...

Next job is to put 2.5 weight oil in the compression leg of the Andreanis...
I just finished now myself - kinda chili her in NY.  Install went really smooth.  Test run around the neighborhood was so nice, i initially thought I maybe did something wrong.  Clutch pull is butter as well as the shifting, like to this point you can't really notice you hit the next gear - in either direction.  I was strangely amazed at what $230 and an hour of your time could do to your FJ.  I have the Andreanis as well and have already dropped the congressperson side to 2.5.  I'll probably get the upgrade from Matt over the winter as he seems to make the Andreani's sing.