What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
I got tired of struggling with the 12v outlet on the dash to power my Garmin GPS, - always vibrating lose, wind pushing the adapter out when I get over 100mph and rain getting in the socket and rusting. (the dealer actually replaced the first 12v socket under warranty).
I bought a Garmin direct-wire USB cable and hardwired it onto a spare connector behind the dash.  The dealer gave me the female end to connect to the Garmin cable.

GPS-plug.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
Packed relay arm bearings, cleaned the seals and installed my new Nitron shock. 

arm.jpg

shock.jpg

Very nice!  That shock should be a noticeable improvement.  Ride height adjustable too?

Stupid question but while you had the shock out and linkage apart, did you grease the swingarm pivots as well?

• Premium Member
I've been quite pleased with my Nitron. It's not as sexy as some of the others out there, but it's outstanding in functionality. Which is really all I wanted.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
I've been quite pleased with my Nitron. It's not as sexy as some of the others out there, but it's outstanding in functionality. Which is really all I wanted.

"Sexy" doesn't keep you planted in 90-100mph sweepers. 8-)

Replaced my clutch cable. Again. I had replaced the original at 10k miles with the revised version, and the revised one was starting to require a lot of adjustment lately (31k miles). Figured I should swap it just in case. Swap went well and the the cable I replaced showed no signs of damage/fraying, so I guess it was just normal stretching.

Replaced my clutch cable. Again. I had replaced the original at 10k miles with the revised version, and the revised one was starting to require a lot of adjustment lately (31k miles). Figured I should swap it just in case. Swap went well and the the cable I replaced showed no signs of damage/fraying, so I guess it was just normal stretching.
Safe than sorry!!

'15 FJ09

• Premium Member
New flight deck complete.  Did a lot of looking around at various risers and such.  Really wanted to lower the bar to a more aggressive feel.  Ended up settling a Rizoma bar that delivers everything I wanted.  Lower and better sweep on the bars.  No more chicken-wings while riding in a tuck.  These just clear the tank dressing by about 1/4-1/2 inch.  I can tell you riding it on my garage on the center stand going vroom vroom was really really comfortable - It's snowed yesterday.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
...Ended up settling a Rizoma bar that delivers everything I wanted.  Lower and better sweep on the bars... 
1.jpg

Sweep looks good... is that MA006? I have risers, so clearance to tank won't be an issue... concerned about the tank bag maybe.
Indeed the MA006 - it was shorter that the MA009.  The bar is about an in less width than the stock as well. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member
Indeed the MA006 - it was shorter that the MA009.  The bar is about an in less width than the stock as well.
Thank you!
an inch per side should I have said on the width.  This is the closet feeling to my crotch rockets without the need to lay down on the tank.  Hoping for one more 50 deg day before the some falls for good to see how that feel on the road. 

I can tell you riding it on my garage on the center stand going vroom vroom was really really comfortable 

Best comment I’ve read for a while ??

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Premium Member
Aye, I really need to upgrade this winter. I have the '15 OG POS prone to breakage, I'm way overdue.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Supporting Member
New flight deck complete.  Did a lot of looking around at various risers and such.  Really wanted to lower the bar to a more aggressive feel.  Ended up settling a Rizoma bar that delivers everything I wanted.  Lower and better sweep on the bars.  No more chicken-wings while riding in a tuck.  These just clear the tank dressing by about 1/4-1/2 inch.  I can tell you riding it on my garage on the center stand going vroom vroom was really really comfortable - It's snowed yesterday. 

2.jpg

3.jpg

It looks like you are still using the original clutch cable, the newer revised cable doesn't have the odd bends in the upper cable which can cause fraying.