What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Today I installed some Denali Daytime Running Lights I ordered from Twisted Throttle during their Black Friday sale. I dont ride at night so I only use these to be seen better in daylight.

I attached them to the radiator guard with offset spacers.

You have the option of wiring them 50% or 100% intensity or if you want to vary the intensity you can install an inline switch, I chose to wire them in at 100% intensity.  They are BRIGHT!!

DRL3.jpg

They are very low profile and inconspicuous...

You should take a picture of them shining the ground in the dark with it off and on for comparison. I do a lot of night riding, and want something that looks sleek and not so out of place or bulky, and this looks pretty good!

• Supporting Member
You should take a picture of them shining the ground in the dark with it off and on for comparison. I do a lot of night riding, and want something that looks sleek and not so out of place or bulky, and this looks pretty good!

I might do that one of these nights but tonight its raining.

As far as turning them on and off, I didn't wire them to a switch, they are direct wired to the accessory 12v lead behind the screen, it is key-on power.

In the .pdf instructions you can wire them a few different ways dependent on your needs.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
@piotrek - I selfishly appreciate what you’re showing us here. I have the RaceTech gold valve setup on my FJ, but I let my favorite local shop do the work, so I never actually saw what was going on inside the forks... neat to see the details.

Trust me, you’re gonna love the finished product. Do you have a new shock as well?

I might do that one of these nights but tonight its raining.

As far as turning them on and off, I didn't wire them to a switch, they are direct wired to the accessory 12v lead behind the screen, it is key-on power.

In the .pdf instructions you can wire them a few different ways dependent on your needs.

they look to be 2 settings...50% and 100% when used on high beam switch... im really liking them lights
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

...Had to drill a 1.3mm bleed hole through the compression piston...At the very least, this whole project is proving to be a great learning experience.  

Hat off to you @piotrek, you’re one brave guy. I’m in awe of your confidence and abilities. ??

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Today I installed some Denali Daytime Running Lights I ordered from Twisted Throttle during their Black Friday sale.I dont ride at night so I only use these to be seen better in daylight.

I attached them to the radiator guard with offset spacers.

You have the option of wiring them 50% or 100% intensity or if you want to vary the intensity you can install an inline switch, I chose to wire them in at 100% intensity.  They are BRIGHT!!

DRL3.jpg

They are very low profile and inconspicuous...

...until they are powered on!

I got the Amber version.. installed on the front side panel bolt.. have to remove the 1/4 turn bolt and it's slip-on connector and use the bolt/spacer supplied w/lights.  They are pretty bright at night but I don't think too bright and definitely ok during the day. 

p><p><a href=https://i.postimg.cc/gjgsDwmx/IMG-20181123-152706.jpg' alt='IMG-20181123-152706.jpg'>

• Supporting Member

I have never heard anything but positive reviews on the Gold Valve's, if you already noticed an improvement with different springs and oil then this should be icing on the cake.

I'll bet you are chomping at the bit for a test ride on a nice day to get both ends dialed in.

• Premium Member
...As far as turning them on and off, I didn't wire them to a switch, they are direct wired to the accessory 12v lead behind the screen

I too picked up the white DRL's during Black Friday sale but haven't installed yet. Will prob run at 100% power all time since wouldn't want them at 50% when I don't have high beams on. Are you happy with 100% power all the time? Any times you think it's too bright during day or night? Thanks,

• Supporting Member
...As far as turning them on and off, I didn't wire them to a switch, they are direct wired to the accessory 12v lead behind the screen 

I too picked up the white DRL's during Black Friday sale but haven't installed yet. Will prob run at 100% power all time since wouldn't want them at 50% when I don't have high beams on. Are you happy with 100% power all the time? Any times you think it's too bright during day or night? Thanks,

I dont ride at night so have no need to dim them.  I dont think they are too bright (at least for daytime running - YMMV), I also run my high beam on all the time as well so both head lights are on all of the time.  I lowered the angle of the high beam equal with the low beam so I dont blind oncoming cars.

Installed Flash to Open transmitter on the bike.

I already had the Flash to Open transmitter/receiver previously purchase and was looking at how to connect to the high beam switch on the Tracer 900 and not something you can do without wiring up a relay so then I thought - and that does not come easily with me - why not just tap into the turn signal so I simply tapped into it from under the seat and I have a garage door opener transmitter that doesn't need batteries replaced, is water proof and will only work with the bike on so a very secure and dependable solution IMO... I connected to the right turn signal so once it flashes the 2nd time it triggers the transmitter... it's actually easier than finding the high beam pass and triggering it manually twice.

Installed Flash to Open transmitter on the bike. 

I already had the Flash to Open transmitter/receiver previously purchase and was looking at how to connect to the high beam switch on the Tracer 900 and not something you can do without wiring up a relay so then I thought - and that does not come easily with me - why not just tap into the turn signal so I simply tapped into it from under the seat and I have a garage door opener transmitter that doesn't need batteries replace, is water proof and will only work with the bike on so a very secure and dependable solution IMO... I connected to the right turn signal so once it flashes the 2nd time it triggers the transmitter... it's actually easier than finding the high beam pass and triggering it manually twice.

Clever

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
@sterlinggold - is it the camera angle causing an optical illusion or is the screen really that tall?
And in the upper most position with a deflector on top, you cant be getting any airflow.