What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

New flight deck complete.  Did a lot of looking around at various risers and such.  Really wanted to lower the bar to a more aggressive feel.  Ended up settling a Rizoma bar that delivers everything I wanted.  Lower and better sweep on the bars.  No more chicken-wings while riding in a tuck.  These just clear the tank dressing by about 1/4-1/2 inch.  I can tell you riding it on my garage on the center stand going vroom vroom was really really comfortable - It's snowed yesterday. 

2.jpg

Hey,
What's your take on the GPR damper?
Worth having? Does it help with high speed weave?

• Premium Member
New flight deck complete.  Did a lot of looking around at various risers and such.  Really wanted to lower the bar to a more aggressive feel.  Ended up settling a Rizoma bar that delivers everything I wanted.  Lower and better sweep on the bars.  No more chicken-wings while riding in a tuck.  These just clear the tank dressing by about 1/4-1/2 inch.  I can tell you riding it on my garage on the center stand going vroom vroom was really really comfortable - It's snowed yesterday. 

2.jpg

Hey, What's your take on the GPR damper?
Worth having? Does it help with high speed weave?
Well stupidly I made three huge changes at the same time that would affect the wobbles.  Which I did run into a few times on the stock setup.  I removed the hand guards, dropped the forks 15mm from the top of the triple tree, and added the GPR all within the same weekend. Although I have ran into a few wobbles since, nothing like it was.  The damper is great and I like the ability to dial in a heavy feel when turning corners as slow speed.  Wobbles confuse me as I watch MotoGP racing and those racers run into them once in a while as well.  Albeit at much higher speeds, but there does not seem to be an exact cause.   

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Premium Member

2.jpg

3.jpg

It looks like you are still using the original clutch cable, the newer revised cable doesn't have the odd bends in the upper cable which can cause fraying. 

Just ordered - thanks for looking out for fellow riders.   

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member

It looks like you are still using the original clutch cable, the newer revised cable doesn't have the odd bends in the upper cable which can cause fraying. 

Just ordered - thanks for looking out for fellow riders. 
No problem. Would hate for it to break and leave you stranded. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Pulled off my fairings to pull the ECU for 2 Wheel DynoWorks to flash and pulled the foam out the front portion under the tank for the extra HP

48-F690-F1-2-F38-4280-8-CA5-3-F3-AFCB0-B622.jpg

I don't understand where the foam is exactly? I've never removed the tank, yet.
Someone has a picture?

FJ-09 2015

• Premium Member
Put a helmet lock on it. Thanks to tktplz and kmev.  :)

e61a746ac6b3a4556bf17c87b7499df7.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
For anyone who has been eying the Ohilns YA535 as I have, superbikeunlimited has them for $749 (15% off their regular price). Best price I have seen so far, which is why I just ordered one. 

CORRECTION. Price today is back at 850. I must have hit a sales window or something because ive been watching the price of that for a while. 

Nice!

Today I actually took the gooGT to my sportbike suspension tuner, who I trust to set up my track bike and my FZ10. And wow did it make a noticable difference after it was tuned to my weight, night and day. He has an early FJ as his commuter and he was interested in riding it to feel the difference. He liked the longer swing arm and all the added trinkets of the new model! I then proceeded to go for a nice spirited ride through some southern California countryside roads at 70F in the middle of Nov! Sorry, don't hate grin.png

• Supporting Member
Became acquainted with my front suspension. In preparation for the gold valve install, took the active leg apart. The day started with suspension oil all over my work area, thank to my pooch huh.png . I'll be playing with fire tomorrow to get at the rebound valve. 

20181117-152534.jpg

New seals, oil and valving, - it should feel really nice when you are finished.  A nice match for that new Nitron shock!

Not that I want to recommend more work for you... I know you are adding the Gold Valve to the active leg but you didn't mention the dead leg.  You're going to change seals and fluid on that leg too?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Indeed the MA006 - it was shorter that the MA009.  The bar is about an in less width than the stock as well.
This might be a dumb question but are the MA006 ends threaded to accept the Yamaha hardware?
I believe they do not come threaded but are able to be threaded if you have a tap die set.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Indeed the MA006 - it was shorter that the MA009.  The bar is about an in less width than the stock as well.
This might be a dumb question but are the MA006 ends threaded to accept the Yamaha hardware?
Sadly enough they are not threaded at all. Would be easy enough to tap if needed.