What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Rode to work since it's the first forecasted nice day. Handle bars are all straight now. Learned i had to tighten the right side before the left. Also as i was sitting on the bike i rotated the bars forward as much as possible without the controls being wonky. Thought it felt good. The ride in today says didn't really make a difference.
*Also sent my carbs for the Honda off to be cleaned yesterday. Kinda bittersweet. Could have sold the bike AS-IS and not been so far in the hole.
*Lastly i don't know how some people park there bike for the winter. It's only been a week and a half and i've missed it. Course i said that about the dirt bike and it's been sitting there for .....holy shit, about 8 months!!

While I had the swingarm off I washed the chain in paraffin, by feeding short lengths of it into a metal bowl and brushing with an old paint brush. It came up super clean. I then wiped off the paraffin with a cloth and ran the chain through some car clean engine oil (20W 50) using the same bowl. I wiped the excess off and put the wheel back on, aligned and set the chain slack. What amazed me though, is that the chain motion is now almost silent ?

I presume engine oil is going to fling everywhere when riding? Or have I just found my new chain lubricant?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
What amazed me though, is that the chain motion is now almost silent ? 
I presume engine oil is going to fling everywhere when riding? Or have I just found my new chain lubricant?
[bra 
Whenever I lube my chain, I run it in gear for a moment while on the center stand, then dry most of it off with a rag to avoid flinging off or attracting dirt and debris.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
01426-D82-7-BD5-4802-BD1-A-183-C2-E015-B21.jpg19-A59-D9-F-2997-4-E61-A291-9-F2-C50-F7-D4-A4.jpg3-DE02-B9-F-409-A-4643-AE4-A-1-D8-F4052-B198.jpg

pimping out the flight deck. Sadly enough won’t be able to report back until May. Lol. Winter seems to be knocking at our door here in NY

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

While I had the swingarm off I washed the chain in paraffin, by feeding short lengths of it into a metal bowl and brushing with an old paint brush. It came up super clean. I then wiped off the paraffin with a cloth and ran the chain through some car clean engine oil (20W 50) using the same bowl. I wiped the excess off and put the wheel back on, aligned and set the chain slack. What amazed me though, is that the chain motion is now almost silent ? 

Yes it will flick everywhere! I would be using a heavy diff oil like 90w or 90w140 instead. I like them better than the spray on ones as they go nasty and tacky.

• Premium Member
Yes it will flick everywhere! I would be using a heavy diff oil like 90w or 90w140 instead. I like them better than the spray on ones as they go nasty and tacky.
I use chain wax. Way better than oil and no mess. Bell-Ray. Stiff is great. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

HOw accurate is the temp. reading? Started off at 37deg ended up at 33 with a dip in 32.
*First time unintentionally lofting the front end also this morning. (well, my loft and your loft may be different..bwahahaha. I only noticed when it touched down again.) Does this thing power wheelie in STD with TC on? Hope not, lol.

• Premium Member
Yes, it will wheelie in standard with TC on, but only a few inches. If you stay on the throttle you can just ride it out while the bike nods "Yes yes yes!" as the front tire repeatedly mini-wheelies.

Today I woke up at 4am, couldn’t go back to sleep, and quickly proceeded to cut my new chain one link short. ?
Oh man.... no way it will work?

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• Premium Member
Today I woke up at 4am, couldn’t go back to sleep, and quickly proceeded to cut my new chain one link short. ?

My man. You fubar stuff like I do.

Let’s go Brandon