What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
38 minutes ago, Rovari said:

Congrats! Is this pic from 2016? Bike looks brand new! 

That was from the day I bought it back in 2016, so it was brand new.   Although it still looks really good, in my humble opinion...  :) 

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, Rovari said:

Hey Wintersdark thank you for the insight! I was worried these cheap foot pegs would break with all my weight (200lbs) as I like to step on one side as I get on the bike...just imagine if the peg broke and your ankle went deep into the left over broken bits...no worries now....cheers!

Tank grips have not been so easy to find in Canada...I like the R&G matte look but there is shipping and all the other nonsense...I will see how much of a priority it is after I get out on my poor machine with only 0.7km on her. 

I got mine from Twisted Throttle (who have a Canadian branch) - I had the same trouble, it was weirdly difficult to get fitting tank grips here, at least at a non-stupid price.  IIRC I paid $40 shipped. 

For what it's worth, I'm a 300lb guy (before gear) and I've ridden offroad standing on mine more than once.  They're very solid; no give or sketchy feeling at all. 

Rode it 300 miles today. First 80 degree day this year. Last week ice and frozen in and this weekend 80 degrees. Crazy! 

Rode down to Natchez MS with lunch under the hill and a pic of the Mississippi River and bridge over to Louisiana. Rolled over 3300 miles on the GT today. The Ktm took a rock off the Africa Twin in the radiator and we repaired it with quick steel from a local parts store and kept rolling. 

81D3C3D9-6957-4A33-9E6A-46B3D8378FA2.jpeg

• Thumbsup 8
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

Not actually what I did to my Tracer today but.....

A sunshield for my TomTom 550 - 3D printed at home.  I've not tried it yet out in the 'wild' but it is a nice snug fit straight off the build plate.

Also it looks like it will fit a number of different Tom Toms according to the designer.

Not my design.  So all credit must go to :

20210228_101624.thumb.jpg.966a01889bb47deaea79b214ea49aba1.jpg

20210228_101354.thumb.jpg.9963acb3c405cbfb7527ec8049646486.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

whose 3d printer do you have and how much did it cost down there?!

I can't answer for Daz, but stateside this is the one I'd recommend. Several of my friends have one. They're hugely impressed with how well it does for the price point. 

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, Rovari said:

I had to look up IIRC lol...I didn't know Twisted Throttle had a Canadian outlet, I will take a look.

Twisted Throttle used to run a Canadian website, and a store/warehouse at one time (Kitchener area, then GTA), where you could pickup your stuff (no shipping charges). That was then.

ca-migrations-Blog-Banner-Twists-Turns-0

Twisted Throttle is your one-stop-shop for motorcycle accessories in the...

Edited by piotrek

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

whose 3d printer do you have and how much did it cost down there?!

I bought mine a few years ago when they were kinda 'new' (read expensive) and it was a base model Wanhao i3 plus which I've modded heavily.

Many were made and branded under various names by different retailers.

However, as per koth442's post, that's the go-to printer for the masses ATM.  Decent quality prints and at a decent price point. If I were to buy today that's probably the one I'd be going for.

5 hours ago, koth442 said:

I can't answer for Daz, but stateside this is the one I'd recommend. Several of my friends have one. They're hugely impressed with how well it does for the price point. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, koth442 said:

Thanks but the link isn't working could you repost it?

It got up to 82 degrees today so I put on my Puig racing screen I’ve had for two months. Felt great and worked as advertised. Now to do something about those ugly stock mirrors. Pulled a Rottweiler CRG Arrow mirror off my T7 and I think I can Mount them to the stock Tracer hand guards so I’m ordering a set tomorrow. We are back to winter rest of week so taller screen going back on for now. 

461EBABA-3574-4707-9FB8-5080389ED7E7.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Thanks but the link isn't working could you repost it?

Link works, just the inline image doesn't.  

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Creality-3D-Printer-Source/dp/B07D218NX3

It's the Creality Ender 3 - Two friends of mine have these, and they're really great printers at a good price.  $200 US from amazon is pretty sweet.  My only complaint is the build volume is only 220 x 220 x 250 mm - not a dealbreaker (I had an MP Select Mini, which was great but it's 120mm cubic build volume *was* a problem) but it's just a little smaller than the 300mm/roughly a foot cubic volume you get on the full sized printers.  

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Ooooh, I like this windscreen.  If only Puig didn't overcharge horrifically, or if I weren't so cheap.

There are Puig clones on eBay for cheap, I got a near opaque black made from polycarbonate for less than $25.

ebay-logo-1-1200x630-margin.png

Find great deals on eBay for 2015+yamaha+fj-09+black+windscreen. Shop...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-WindScreen-Fits-Yamaha-FJ09-FJ-09-MT-09-Tracer-15-16-2015-2016-Black/284162999960?hash=item42296f4698:g:bDgAAOSw2OlfwciU&redirect=mobile

Also thanks for the printer input.

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Wintersdark said:

Link works, just the inline image doesn't.  

https://www.amazon.com/Official-Creality-3D-Printer-Source/dp/B07D218NX3

It's the Creality Ender 3 - Two friends of mine have these, and they're really great printers at a good price.  $200 US from amazon is pretty sweet.  My only complaint is the build volume is only 220 x 220 x 250 mm - not a dealbreaker (I had an MP Select Mini, which was great but it's 120mm cubic build volume *was* a problem) but it's just a little smaller than the 300mm/roughly a foot cubic volume you get on the full sized printers.  

There's always the Ender 3 MAX - 300x300x340MM for some more dosh of course.

40 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

There are Puig clones on eBay for cheap, I got a near opaque black made from polycarbonate for less than $25.

ebay-logo-1-1200x630-margin.png

Find great deals on eBay for 2015+yamaha+fj-09+black+windscreen. Shop...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-WindScreen-Fits-Yamaha-FJ09-FJ-09-MT-09-Tracer-15-16-2015-2016-Black/284162999960?hash=item42296f4698:g:bDgAAOSw2OlfwciU&redirect=mobile

Also thanks for the printer input.

For the FJ there are.  I'm a big fan of the ebay clones and have used them on bikes in the past.  

The Tracer has different mounts, though, so no go there; the only ones that fit the Tracer start at nearly $100 :(