What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
27 minutes ago, mingo said:

@Rovari

@dazzler24

Have you installed the TPMS on the OEM rubber tire valve stems or have you replaced them with metal ones? Thanks. 

@mingo - If you don't already have 90 degree metal valve stems, you can buy a TMPS kit that includes them. 

srtp400_in_the_box.png?v=1579543717

1- Tire pressure monitor for motorcycles. With Internal tire sensors 2-  1.5"...

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 7/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, draco_1967 said:

Yesterday, I installed some CRG Arrow mirrors on Rottweiler mounts (designed for KTMs) that I picked up used for a good price. It took a little work to attach them to the stock handguards, but I like them a lot. They are smaller, but they are convex, so they show more behind me than the stock mirrors. 

20200726_143210.thumb.jpg.d497656bf92a74aeff05a1e2e3ea1eac.jpg

Today I went for a test ride to test the mirrors and try and locate the whistle I have been getting at highway speeds since installing the Madstad screen. 

The mirrors worked great, and wind turbulence seems reduced without the stock mirrors. I got lucky and found the whistle right away. It was the lowest cutout on the Madstad bracket. 

20200726_143155.thumb.jpg.af50729421fcea857c14da80c84013c6.jpg

A little piece of Gorilla tape stopped the whistle. I'll come up with something to permanently close it up.

20200726_143151.thumb.jpg.c6ef93bc1a0e9a7aa29d4ba3857e2705.jpg

I am in the process of adding these same mirrors to my Tracer hand guards. Where did you get a bolt for the right hand side hand guard mount where the oem mirror screwed in? Cannot find one local anywhere in left hand threads. Thanks

5 hours ago, roy826 said:

I am in the process of adding these same mirrors to my Tracer hand guards. Where did you get a bolt for the right hand side hand guard mount where the oem mirror screwed in? Cannot find one local anywhere in left hand threads. Thanks

I removed the bolt base from the stock mirror. I plan to order a LH 10mm bolt from McMaster, but I haven't had anything else I need to order from them recently.

2 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I removed the bolt base from the stock mirror. I plan to order a LH 10mm bolt from McMaster, but I haven't had anything else I need to order from them recently.

Good luck they do not show one available. 

• Thumbsup 1

16 minutes ago, roy826 said:

Good luck they do not show one available. 

Then I guess that's a good excuse to get some aftermarket handguards 😄

I've been considering some KTM guards or splurging on some Barkbusters.

15 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

Then I guess that's a good excuse to get some aftermarket handguards 😄

I've been considering some KTM guards or splurging on some Barkbusters.

Bark busters are nice I have a set on my Tenere 700 which has the Rottweiler Arro CRG mirrors on it. Problem on the Tracer is the limited bar space on the down bend in the bars. I have my radar detector on a ram mount on the bar on one side and my gps on the other side on a ram bar mount. I would have to move both to use a hand guard like the bark buster brand with bar clamps.

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, petshark said:

This looks neat! Do you have these installed?

I already have the metal 90 degree valve stems so I opted for the TPM with the screw on caps.

SRTP300pic1.jpg?v=1541017726

Tire pressure monitor for motorcycles. with 1.5" water-resistant monitor...

• Thumbsup 1

45 minutes ago, betoney said:

I already have the metal 90 degree valve stems so I opted for the TPM with the screw on caps.

Good reminder that I want to do this. Just ordered some Bike Master versions from zilla. I'm hoping the 11mm model is the correct one for our 900 wheels. And do you orient the stem a certain way?  

• Supporting Member
35 minutes ago, Salish900 said:

Good reminder that I want to do this. Just ordered some Bike Master versions from zilla. I'm hoping the 11mm model is the correct one for our 900 wheels. And do you orient the stem a certain way?  

Yes, oriented to the right so can be accessible on the side stand.

On 3/5/2021 at 4:12 PM, kilo3 said:

Cleaned up the bikes today. Should hit 60 on Sunday and most of the salt puddles are drying up quick!

PXL-20210305-210158979.jpg

Where abouts in MN are you?

I live outside of Duluth and was out snowmobiling today on a vintage run ❄️

vintage.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, roadwarrior said:

Where abouts in MN are you?

I live outside of Duluth and was out snowmobiling today on a vintage run ❄️

vintage.jpg

SW of the cities in suburbia hell, the tradeoff I made to afford a family. Originally from Walker area. 

• Thumbsup 2