What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, pilninggas said:

Under the welsh rules you can go about 5 miles from home, so got out for a bit and did a northern orbit of my house. Nice to be out on the Niken. The Pirellis are miles better than the rubbish it came with.

20210314_174435.jpg

Tell us about those AUX lights you have between the mirror set?

6 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Tell us about those AUX lights you have between the mirror set?

It's something like these: 

s-l400.jpg

CUTTING KIT Link to eBay page Link to eBay page Link to eBay page Link to...

But i only paid £16 delivered for the pair. Chinesium specials. Mainly to get seen - the UK has some seriously myopic drivers.

b

• Thumbsup 2

Did a truly wonderful 400kmish day.  South Calgary -> Bragg Creek -> Cochrane -> Hwy 1A out to Canmore -> Banff (lake Minnewanka) and back.  

10 of us out riding enjoying the freakishly warm weather (15C) despite riding past tons of frozen lakes covered with trucks and people ice racing dirt bikes.  

Felt so damn good to be out for a nice sunny winding mountain road run, it's been a long time.

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Kwik Trip really has very good, fresh hot food and baked goods made in their own or subcontract kitchens, plus deals on meats and prepared meals with gas discounts.  Look them up.  They're really a unique phenomenon. 

Apply online for jobs at Kwik Trip - Retail Store Jobs, Retail Store...

I’m partial to Loves hotdogs myself. 

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, pilninggas said:

It's something like these: 

s-l400.jpg

CUTTING KIT Link to eBay page Link to eBay page Link to eBay page Link to...

But i only paid £16 delivered for the pair. Chinesium specials. Mainly to get seen - the UK has some seriously myopic drivers.

b

Same lights I have. They’ve worked great for 3+ years and many thousands of miles now. 

• Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

On 3/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

Well I got out again,  A few more twisties up in Southeast Wisconsin to be had.

A balmy 56゚ in the Sun is shining. I'll head a little farther North and swing around, Gas up on E0 And head back to the flat lands

Photo is at the quick trip in East Troy Wisconsin

20210313_143724.jpg

Looks like I need to do a Kwick Trip late spring.  It was 80F here yesterday.  Still running my winter jacket and opened the vents but still toasty!  Cooling off this week, highs in the low 60s by week end.

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, PhotoAl said:

Looks like I need to do a Kwick Trip late spring.  It was 80F here yesterday.  Still running my winter jacket and opened the vents but still toasty!  Cooling off this week, highs in the low 60s by week end.

240 mile day Saturday.  Never got over 58 but I did run into some early bird bugs!  Many of the hundreds of little lakes were still at least partially frozen.

But it's snowing here now and the forecast is crappy all week.  So much to do work and healthcare wise.

LMK if you decide to head up this way when it warms up consistently.  It looks like my back surgery will have to deferred once again due to serious dentil issues.  So I may be able to ride before that up to late April.  Then I'll be in a back brace for 5 weeks recovering, so my warm weather riding season may not start until July 😞

20210313_165007.jpg

20210313_165056.jpg

20210313_190727.jpg

20210313_190820.jpg

20210313_190828.jpg

• Thumbsup 6

Today I picked up my GT from the dealer...YAY!  Trailered the bike to the dealer on Friday afternoon, got the "all done" call this morning.  Pretty quick turnaround considering there must have been 30 bikes there for various servicing.

First ride since Dec 8, when I hit a rock and bent a rim.  Got a new front rim (from Japan, took 2+ months to arrive), two wheel bearings (mandatory according to dealer), a fresh pair of Roadsmart III's with metal valve stems.  Had the entire front end checked out for good measure (all okay).  And had the front brake light switch replaced, as well.  

What a perfect day, too!....74F and sunny, not much wind.  Shakedown cruise ~ 80mi, think I got the tires scuffed enough.   Back on the road again, finally!  😀

• Thumbsup 7
  • Like 1

Hi, I got a new Two Brothers exhaust, can’t wait to test it out on the road! It is certainly deeper sounding and louder. I have the baffle in, and it is plenty loud. My husband installed it with pretty much no issues. It was a little challenging to figure out how to install the bracket to mount the muffler. 

He also Installed a new Akropovic muffler for his R1250 GS Adventure. 
Common warmer weather! 

image1.jpeg

image0.jpeg

• Thumbsup 5

• Supporting Member

Today I finished up most of my farkles. GPS mount, Hella Horns and 12O'ClockLabs AATS front and rear turn signals/running lights. I used a positap on the blue wire going to the tail and my rear turn signals would not work. I moved it over to the yellow wire (brake lights) and the turn signals worked when brake was pulled, which told me I had done something right.  I noticed that there is a different wire going to the license plate light and wonder if that is the one I should have tapped? I ended up powering the rear turn signals from my Fuzeblocks and all works well. In my pic the yellow wire from the fuzeblocks  becomes a black wire with a fuse that is tapped to the blue tail wire.

Should the horn work with the key turned off?

Next I must get some gas and program my McCruise.

Tail wiring.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Thanks Rovari,

My horn does not work till the key is turned on, it did on my old bike so that confused me. The dual Hella horns are loud, my sons says they are going to encourage people to knock me down to get some quiet  😁

The signals came with Yamaha connectors so they plugged in where the pumpkins used to. I needed power for the running light portion and the blue wire didn't work. Not sure why? The Fuzeblocks took care of that.

Helped a mate pull down a massive shed and also helped buy a mint 2000 model R1 as his last ride was written off after a crash. Paid me for my troubles and some future service work with a Brembo Rcs 17/19 radial master cylinder.

Fit it up to the tracer with nil issues and made some brackets for my hand guards. Will see how it is tomorrow but a quick test on the lawn shows the abs still works and the feel is much more solid.

757F699E-E70A-4939-A725-A56C89AE21D7.jpeg

E77F3709-6C29-4D1E-916C-95D58ECEFF37.jpeg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Buggy Nate said:

Helped a mate pull down a massive shed and also helped buy a mint 2000 model R1 as his last ride was written off after a crash. Paid me for my troubles and some future service work with a Brembo Rcs 17/19 radial master cylinder.

Perhaps he has more projects he needs help with?  😄

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***