What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

On 3/15/2021 at 2:44 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

240 mile day Saturday.  Never got over 58 but I did run into some early bird bugs!  Many of the hundreds of little lakes were still at least partially frozen.

But it's snowing here now and the forecast is crappy all week.  So much to do work and healthcare wise.

LMK if you decide to head up this way when it warms up consistently.  It looks like my back surgery will have to deferred once again due to serious dentil issues.  So I may be able to ride before that up to late April.  Then I'll be in a back brace for 5 weeks recovering, so my warm weather riding season may not start until July 😞

Certainly will let you know!  Yea sounds like not so much fun for sure but you will be back on the bike and take it carefully!  8 years ago I had valve replacement surgery.  Day before took my CBR600RR out for a fantastic ride!  I was off for a while but back riding by summer.  Then 5 years ago shattered my kneecap in a scooter crash in late April - that was a tough time.  Unexpected and just as riding season was starting and recovery was quite painful!  My knee healed (with the help of a great surgeon) and I got back on the bike again by July.  At the time my ride was a ZX6R 636 and I was in my 60s, next summer rode it to Sarasota Florida to the beach.  Made the ride back in one day!  600 miles in a day on a sport bike for someone over 60 was an accomplishment!  So take your time, heal right don't rush and you will be back before you know it.

I may have more free time as my house didn't get blown away by the tornadoes yesterday.  I did assemble my collection of motorcycle helmets so everyone would have one.  Went out and bought an inexpensive small generator at Costco - nothing prevents storms and power outages like being prepared!

• Thumbsup 2

Swapped out the OEM rear tire today with a new Bridgestone T31. Boy that's a stiff tire to mount on the rim by hand, as I do. Really have to warm it up and do it right. I noticed when I checked the balance on the wheel with the original tire, just to get a baseline, that it had no balancing weights whatsoever. The wheel also went repeatedly to the same heavy spot in balance, with the particular motion that tells you it is out of balance. So the dealer or factory didn't balance it. No sign weights came off after 3,000 miles. 

Also installed a 90 degree valve stem. Given the new stem, I'm letting the tire sit on the rim overnight to make sure it is holding pressure before installing. 

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member

After struggling for an hour to get a new vinyl floor (instead of carpet) into a project vehicle, I needed a reprieve.

Installed the battery into my FJ and went for a spin; first ride this year.  The evening air felt great, but I'm most looking forward to some cones and slow-manoeuvre work down a quiet stretch I know.

The biggest thing that jumped out last night was how much better the brakes are after the fluid flush.  I've not once felt the rear ABS kick in until last night; felt it twice.  Again - need some practice to get used to the new feel.

And so begins the season for 2021.

• Thumbsup 6

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

4 hours ago, knyte said:

The evening air felt great, but I'm most looking forward to some cones and slow-manoeuvre work down a quiet stretch I know.

I went out with some small cones after work today. I did a lot of parking lot training last summer but now I actually got some cones. 

After some full lock turns, circles and figure eights practise I tried something new. Stoppies!

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member

4 minutes ago, petshark said:

full lock turns

Dannng that's great!!  ...I can do some fairly tight figure 8's and whatnot, but not full-lock (yet).

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

Trailered it down to Daytona Bike Week and put almost a thousand miles on it over about 7 days.  Had to do the 600 mile oil change mid trip.  Came home and just ordered a Puig touring screen (has a Puig Sport screen on it now) and a Motion Pro chain alignment tool. Love this bike!

• Thumbsup 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, Yamajank said:

Getting her shined up. Hopefully for a ride tomorrow with @fjray and his new goo. 

852DDE3D-784F-463B-AC1D-3BFC95CA667C.jpeg

Getting her shined up so we can get them dusty? Should be fun. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

I bought a 2nd rear wheel on eBay so I could have one wheel for local riding and a one with a fresh tire ready to go for road trips.

I had a right angle stem installed and had it balanced.  It came with a fluorescent yellow rim stripe so I covered it with silver.

image.thumb.png.c57b347601e307f1dd9fa7e6e53ac40a.png

image.thumb.png.e8d877df64f333ab332d0a777d3a6398.png

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

34 minutes ago, betoney said:

I bought a 2nd rear wheel on eBay so I could have one wheel for local riding and a one with a fresh tire ready to go for road trips.

I had a right angle stem installed and had it balanced.  It came with a fluorescent yellow rim stripe so I covered it with silver.

image.thumb.png.c57b347601e307f1dd9fa7e6e53ac40a.png

image.thumb.png.e8d877df64f333ab332d0a777d3a6398.png

SCORE!

• Thumbsup 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

What did I do? Picked it up from the dealer. Really pleased, a move up from my Tracer 700 which I had for the last four years. Time for a change and the 900GT (2019 model with 9k on the clock) ticked all the boxes. Spend the afternoon sorting out a few details, ready for a proper ride out tomorrow. Good to be here.

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 3

• Supporting Member

Went out on a nice afternoon ride in the countryside... and then gave the bike a well deserved first wash of the season. Will give it a bit of a shine tomorrow... and then go for another ride. 🙂

20210320_182127.thumb.jpg.3d338ae7926f8a93bdc4b7bb44ccb359.jpg

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 4

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif