TuneBoy Cruise Control

Thought I'd start a thread pertaining to TuneBoy's cruise control that is to be available in a week or two-this is what I was told by them.
Just checked on their Facebook page and they had this video of an FZ-09 w/ cruise:

Cruise is activated by a long press on the mode button.
A normal press of the mode button is used to switch modes like normal.
When Cruise Control is in control of the speed a press of the mode button adds 1kph to the target cruise speed without changing the map mode.

• Premium Member
Nice, keep us updated along with prices and installing over a flash tune.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Below is more information that I just received from TuneBoy......

This will support MT09,FJ09 (normal, ABS and Tracer), XSR900 as well.

This is much more than a simple flash, it adds a bunch of new features.

If someone has already had the ECU flashed it is not with our software.
If the ECU has been flashed it will be replaced by our flash, nothing I can do about that.

Here is some info I sent to someone else earlier today.

It is more than just the cruise control.
Here is a little info.
Once the ECU is reflashed it will have the following features.
Live mapping, this means you can change fuel and ignition while the motor is running, the changes can be saved to the ECU without a reflash like a full aftermarket ECU.
QuickShifter up and down (Need to buy the shifter for this, shifter plugs into O2 sensor plug).
Launch control using IMU like the latest R1 (IMU is built into the flash device).
Lean angle based throttle (using IMU).
The flash module has built in WiFi, this will allow some Apps on the phone (Still working on that side).

Video of the cruise control

Video of the launch angle stuff.

Here is a little more info on the features.

The wheelie (launch control) allows you to set an angle to cut each cylinder.
Example.
Set Cyl1 to 10, Cyl2 to 15 and Cyl3 to 20
The ECU will keep track of your riding angle, up or down hill until the throttle goes past a set throttle point, at that time it fixes the zero point at that angle.
Now once the wheel goes past 10 degree’s the fuel for cylinder 1 will cut, if it drops below 10 degree’s it will come back on again.
If it goes past 15 degree’s cyl 1 and 2 will be cut.

To start with I have just added this for first and second gear, you can set the three angles for first and a different three for second.

The lean angle stuff works as follows.
The map has two throttle tables, one for fifty degree’s leaned and one for zero degree’s.
If the bike is at 30 degree’s and the rider starts to turn the throttle the 30 degree’s is locked in until the throttle gets to 100% or back to 0, this prevents the throttle changing without rider input.
The software looks up both tables then interpolates between the two values, as an example if the leaned over value was 10 and the upright value was 20 the 30 degree lean value would be 14.

You can adjust these leaned over and upright tables in the software.

The launch control also has a hold RPM, when the bike speed is 0 you can turn the throttle and the RPM won’t go past the hold RPM.
Once the bike starts moving the ECU waits for 1/10th of a second then allows the rev limit to go back to normal.
After this the angle stuff will stop the wheel coming off the ground more than you want it to.

The WiFi module will add a few geek functions.
From the phone you will be able to blip the throttle (Only allowed when speed is 0)

The cruise control uses a single button (The mode button).
When the throttle is closed the mode button will change map modes like normal.
When the throttle is not zero it will start cruise going and won’t change the map mode.
Once cruise control is going a short push of the mode button will add 1kph to the cruise speed, a long press will take 5kph away from the cruise speed.
This is nice and simple and does not require any extra buttons.

I plan to provide a true wheelie control down the track, this will control throttle instead of cutting fuel.
This will only be allowed to give as much throttle or less than the rider has turned, if you back off the throttle the throttle will back off.
Think of this like a cruise control with a target angle instead of a target speed, if the bike is moving toward the target angle quickly the throttle will back off quickly, if the angle starts to drop the throttle will be applied again.
Should be a laugh, needs LOTS of testing.

The Tuning kit will be $399, this will give all the tuning options and include the flash module with built in IMU.
Cruise Control will be an extra $199.
The QuickShifter will be $499, this will be cut to length and direct plug in so no skill required.

I will be offering a discount for people that buy the full kit, if they buy the Tuning kit and the QuickShifter I will include the cruise control for free.

The only hold up is that I am waiting for the parts. Waiting on an order of the Cordona QuickShifters and the plugs and pins needed to plug directly into the Yamaha wiring loom.

I may add the “Buy Now” stuff to our web site so I can get an idea of the interest.

• Premium Member
All I want is the cruise control..... :(

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

This might be a stupid question, but since this "overwrites" any existing flashes...does this also provide a new ECU flash for performance/smoothness?
I'm not sure to be honest, but it looks like the TB flash is more user-involved rather than sending your ecu in and having them do the changes. 

I also didnt notice removing the speed limiter and editing default drive mode. I want the CC feature but also would like power increases and fuel delivery smoothing for better response. I received the same email from them and have sent back asking for clarification on the other items.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
All I want is the cruise control..... :(
Me too!  TuneBoy's product offers a lot IF one wanted to utilize it. 

A single (existing) button cruise control. I'd pay a pretty good chunk of change for just that to be flashed into my ECM.... *sigh* 

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

I think the prices listed are in AUD. According to Tuneboy's website the tuning kit and cruise control are $599 AUD which is $450 USD. There probadly would also be shipping. 
http://www.tuneboy.com.au/yamaha%20Denso/

I just got off the phone with Nels from @2wheeldynoworks. He has been looking at the tuneboy stuff. After looking at the Tuneboy flash files that were loaded on one of his customer's bikes, he did not have good things to say about the flash files. I won't go into details (I don't want to get sued) but i invite you to call Nels at (425) 269-5332 and ask for yourself before ordering this kit from Tuneboy.

I advise caution here guys.

Caution is always a good choice. I received this from tuneboy:

Hi

I can change the default start mode but I think it is better to modify the default start mode so it is the new better mode, that way you still have the A and B modes.
The STD mode is the one that will have the lean angle stuff
The first two graphs below show the leaned over throttle v the upright throttle, x-axis is the amount you move the grip, Y-axis is the amount the throttle plate will move. You can see the leaned over one moves the throttle plate slower.
The next three show default STD mode, A and B modes, you can see that B only gives 70% throttle.

Speed limit is done by backing off the throttle in higher gears, I have removed this.

In my last email I think I forgot to say that all our prices are in AUD, this means the $399 AUD price will only be about $299 USD with the current exchange rate.

If you want to pass the info I have sent on to others this is fine with me.

Thanks

Wayne

I like the explanation and see of the features but I am done being a beta tester. As of right now I don't absolutely need anything for my bike so I personally will wait for some feedback.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I think the prices listed are in AUD. According to Tuneboy's website the tuning kit and cruise control are $599 AUD which is $450 USD. There probadly would also be shipping. 
http://www.tuneboy.com.au/yamaha%20Denso/
I just got off the phone with Nels from @2wheeldynoworks. He has been looking at the tuneboy stuff. After looking at the Tuneboy flash files that were loaded on one of his customer's bikes, he did not have good things to say about the flash files. I won't go into details (I don't want to get sued) but i invite you to call Nels at (425) 269-5332 and ask for yourself before ordering this kit from Tuneboy.  
I advise caution here guys.
Sounds like a good reason for Nels to figure out how to get CC into his flashes... ;)
  • Thumbsup 2

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA