Niken sightings?

micah2074

• Supporting Member
Nothing on the road here in the greater Houston area yet. I haven’t been by a dealership recently, so not sure if one might be on a showroom floor.

I am interested in actually seeing one in person...

Nothing on the road here in the greater Houston area yet. I haven’t been by a dealership recently, so not sure if one might be on a showroom floor.  
I saw one the other day - with a unicorn...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
I saw one the other day - with a unicorn...

Was the unicorn riding it?

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member
I would like to see one.....and ride one. The tech/mechanics intrigues me. How boring would the world be if we didn’t try and do things differently sometimes?
  • Thumbsup 1

Let’s go Brandon

• Supporting Member
I would like to see one.....and ride one. The tech/mechanics intrigues me. How boring would the world be if we didn’t try and do things differently sometimes?

Exactly, same thoughts here.  They hype the front end stability and deep lean angles with deep carving ability... whats not to like?  I'd love to test ride one.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I'm not sure this is completely true but Road Racing.com says not only will the Niken be on display Oct 13-14 to the public at the AIMExpo in Las Vegas, but demo rides will be available.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/yamaha-motor-corp-usa-to-showcase-new-models-during-aimexpo-october-11-14-2018-in-las-vegas/

I don't doubt the Niken will be on display (yawn) but an AIMExpo promotion email I got from Yamaha did not list it among the demo models available. Because Niken is being marketed "by reservation" only and is shown as sold out on Yamaha's website, they may offer demo rides only to those who have reserved one and will be attending the expo. (I am not on that list.)

A friend living in Henderson NV plans to attend and ride an FJR1300. I'll ask him to look into the Niken and demo rides.

I talked to a few Yamaha dealers about this. They all said the same thing. NOBODY is asking about this bike. And none of the dealers are ordering any Nikens.

Yamaha will not discount any demo bikes for dealers, and dealers do not want to floor model a Niken and risk being stuck with an expensive bike that nobody wants.

This bike better perform in some currently unknown way. Or it will fail miserably.

What pisses me off is that Yamaha could have just released the Tenere 700 instead of wasting years of R&D on this three wheeled bike that nobody wants.

Someone is gonna get fired. Maybe an entire dept.

I talked to a few Yamaha dealers about this. They all said the same thing. NOBODY is asking about this bike. And none of the dealers are ordering any Nikens.  
Yamaha will not discount any demo bikes for dealers, and dealers do not want to floor model a Niken and risk being stuck with an expensive bike that nobody wants.

It's almost like there a "deep state" at Yamaha who wants the Niken to die before it's out of the box.  Non-existent promotion and marketing, the silence is deafening. No public demo rides at a major motorcycle exposition?

Corporate politics can be cruel.