GT niggles?

bugie

I agree with most said on this subject, apart from the B.M.W.  S1000XR,  even though I am 72 I have always had Super Sports bikes all my life, and lasted years longer than all my friends........But it has caught up with me , and I had set my sights on the B.M.W S1000XR on paper it was the only bike for me...............then I tested one " gutted"  much to tall and  the induction noise was bad, also you had to rev the bike hard to get it to go !!!!!!!!!  and with a pillion on slowing down the bike slightly weaved  at about 10 mph to stopping !!!!!!  Tested the 900GT BRILLIANT not made as well as the B.M.W and the gearbox on the B.M.W is better. up and down on the quick shifter. But also over £5000 more money. A few mods and the GT will be FABULOUS. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member

I agree with your assessment of the BMW S1000XR @edgarjessop12 , but you forgot to mention the handlebar vibration. Having come from a BMW S1000rr with no vibration I was really turned off by the bike. Enjoy your GT!

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

I agree with your assessment of the BMW S1000XR @edgarjessop12 , but you forgot to mention the handlebar vibration. Having come from a BMW S1000rr with no vibration I was really turned off by the bike. Enjoy your GT!

It’s funny, most of the reviews and forums all mention the excessive vibration of the XR.  

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
On 4/17/2019 at 1:12 PM, betoney said:

It’s funny, most of the reviews and forums all mention the excessive vibration of the XR.  

I have taken several test rides on the BMW XR, the handlebars vibrate.  In the first model, it was extensive, in newer models, less so.  I also test rode an S1000R and it was much smoother ==> conclusion, geometry and mounting of the handlebars can screw up a bike!

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Tracer 900 GT

Niwot CO
USA

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"I got one! I got one..." ( waving hand in air at teacher; " Dammit, sit down Little Johnny!" :>)

The stock hand grips are way too hard, at least for my delicate digits. on the flip side, they are heated ( love that you can customize the heat levels). 

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

"I got one! I got one..." ( waving hand in air at teacher; " Dammit, sit down Little Johnny!" :>)

The stock hand grips are way too hard, at least for my delicate digits. on the flip side, they are heated ( love that you can customize the heat levels). 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Larz said:

Try fitting Grip puppies over the stock hand grips. They are foam so are a lot softer. They also have the advantage of not blocking the heat from the heated grips, and also do wonders to reduce the Triple's vibrations. The only downside is that they increase the grip circumference considerably so take a little getting used to.

• Thumbsup 2

• 2 months later...

I'm probably the newest 900GT owner here. But after going 175km yesterday on my first ride my biggest gripe is the turn signal switch and horn switch. The guys I was riding with probably thought I was crazy for honking the horn so much!! 

For some reason my thumb just loves go hit that horn button instead of the turn signal:) That is a pretty minor gripe.

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

I'm probably the newest 900GT owner here. But after going 175km yesterday on my first ride my biggest gripe is the turn signal switch and horn switch. The guys I was riding with probably thought I was crazy for honking the horn so much!! 

For some reason my thumb just loves go hit that horn button instead of the turn signal:) That is a pretty minor gripe.

I had the same issue at first. I adjusted the position of the control pods, bars and levers and that mostly cured it for me.

4 hours ago, Stinky said:

Below is a pic of how I solved this issue on both the turn-signal button and nearby cruise-control button.   From the (extensive) Thread titled 'Farkling my new Australian 2019 GT' to be found here under the 'GT Discussion' topic heading..   Enjoy the GT!

Another mini-farkle.   The GT's cruise-control is a dream to use, but the buttons are quite small and very close together, so I used an earlier idea from a mini-farkle to the indicator button (bottom left in this pic).   Here, I super-glued a tiny silicone furniture-protector 'dot' to the central on/ off control button, now making it quicker and easier to locate. 

P1050658.JPG

Edited by wordsmith

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

11 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Below is a pic of how I solved this issue on both the turn-signal button and nearby cruise-control button.   From the (extensive) Thread titled 'Farkling my new Australian 2019 GT' to be found here under the 'GT Discussion' topic heading..   Enjoy the GT!

Another mini-farkle.   The GT's cruise-control is a dream to use, but the buttons are quite small and very close together, so I used an earlier idea from a mini-farkle to the indicator button (bottom left in this pic).   Here, I super-glued a tiny silicone furniture-protector 'dot' to the central on/ off control button, now making it quicker and easier to locate. 

P1050658.JPG

That is SUPER clever!!! Now I also understand what a "Farkle" is:). I'll work on moving the controls around a little to get them to my liking. I am used to minimalist stuff from my dirt bike days. The biggest mod you could do on the controls is move the kill switch up or down on the bars:)

Although...I have to admit, I kind of like "tooting my horn" on my new GT:)

• 11 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 8:09 AM, soonerstan56 said:

#1 - The position of the key, with gloves on I have bent the key once! I now start the bike before I put the gloves on.

#2 - The fuel gauge reading. This is something I'll eventually adjust to but it's strange to travel 100 miles before it moves.

Other than those minor complaints I'm tickled with the machine especially the motor.

Stan

Have you tried  turning  the wheel to the left,,,opens up nicely for key