High Mileage FJ-09/Tracer Roll Call

On 6/29/2020 at 4:45 PM, gnr said:

Hey Olddawg,

That’s damn impressive. You getting any more miles on these days. 
I guess the FJ must be as capable as the FJR at lasting many miles.

Thanks.

Still ride 4 or 5  times a week , most rides between 100 and 200 miles.

Edited by olddawg
update 8/31/20 220,000 0 mi 10/120-224,000 update 7/6/21 250,000 11/11/20 230,000 3/30/21 236,000
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2

On 1/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, olddawg said:

To answer, do I still ride to new destinations .  Sometimes, most of my rides are between 100 and 400 miles.  I am 77 yrs. old and don't  like to be gone overnight I have only done so twice since I bought the bike.  I have done one Iron Butt SS1000 and ridden every mile of every highway in Oklahoma.  Even the short rides are great, I've never had a boring ride and hope I can do this many more years.  Now about the bike.  I bought the bike new April first 2015 at K&N Yamaha Tulsa OK and they have done all the maintenance .  They have been great and gone above and beyond to keep me on the road with very little down time.  There was a factory recall on CCT and it was replaced twice .  The third time it was replaced with aftermarket manual adjuster, no more problems but had to replace cam chain.  Replaced fuel pump at about 50,000 miles. I wasn't stranded, it would only run about 30 mph.  Replaced stator at about 150,000 miles.  Valves set five times , plugs, air filter, throttle body check.  Changed to V Stream windshield after two years.  It is much better. Everything else is stock.  I am impressed by what didn't go bad . It still has original clutch, all bearings,  fork seals and does not use any oil or leak any fluids.  Thank you for your interest and kind words.  Slowing down some I'm getting old, 5/20/20 - 207,000 miles .    6/25/2020  212,000 

olddawg, is that... a stock seat?!

On 6/29/2020 at 4:45 PM, gnr said:

Hey Olddawg,

That’s damn impressive. You getting any more miles on these days. 
I guess the FJ must be as capable as the FJR at lasting many miles.

Thanks.

Still ride 4 or 5  times a week , most rides between 100 and 200 miles.    All stock except windshield and CCT.  7/25/2020  215,000 miles     3/30/21  236,000 

Edited by olddawg
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see guys getting impressive mileage on their fj09's.  I bought mine two years ago and just turned 20k with absolutely no mechanical issues.  I go on weekly rides with friends, about 200 miles per ride and we go on two our three multi-day rides each year.  Works out to right at 10k per year.  I don't ride my bike too hard but, I don't baby it either.  Aside from the expected new tires each year, I just replaced the clutch cable (the original one was fine but, I was just being cautious) and the chain and sprockets.  My chain and sprockets looked ok but, at 20k, I thought it would be best to go with new ones.  I took up riding just over 3 years ago when I retired at 66.  My first bike was a used Honda, NC700x.  It turned out to be the perfect bike for learning how to ride.  Big enough to keep up with my friends but woefully low on power,  which was good for keeping me out of trouble.  I rode that bike for one year then I bought my fj09 and I still smile every time I go for a ride.  Looking back, my fj09 would have been way too much bike for a beginner.  I'm now 69 and I plan to keep on riding as long as I'm able to.  I have friends in the mid to late 70's who have been riding since they were kids and they are incredibly good riders; they are my inspiration.  I plan on keeping my fj09 until 60k at which point I will probably start looking for a new bike.  From what everyone has posted, it looks like 60k will be not problem.  

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

My 2015 MT09 Tracer " Dudley" ticked over 100,000 on Friday.

98,000 km I put on myself.

Looking forward to the next 100,000

Dudley 100,000 km.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 3

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

As of a few seconds ago. While I have used the bike to go to work. I only work 4-6 days a month. And work 7 miles away.🤷‍♂️ The rest is trips, errands and lunch. 😎

20201230_082332.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
On 12/23/2020 at 5:39 PM, olddawg said:

11/11/20     230,000    Life is good. 

My butt hurts just looking at that mileage ... 😱

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Supporting Member

I bought my FJ in August 2017. It was  a left over 2015. It reminded me of the 1978 750 Yam triple I had back in the day.  Unfortunately I have gotten older and developed a very bad  back. 

As of today I have a grand total of 1396 miles on my FJ.

Because of that I'm considering selling it and getting something smaller.  Still in the "Thinking about it phase."

• Sad 1