Intent to recall FJ09 March 25, 2015

Mine is being done tomorrow, along with its first service. Scuff's is just having a service as his bike hasn't been recalled (yet).   which means, on Friday, we can stop being economical with mileage and go for a proper ride... To the coast, possibly Wells Next The Sea.  Can't wait. 

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Recall done with 600 mile service, $47 for oil change, ugh last time done at dealer, and $143 for check over, no adjustment needed on the throttle bodies, documented service done by me from now on.  Get home and go to reattach my Wolfman tank bag only to realize the genius tech reassembled the bike with the bag straps stuck under the tank and air filter, UGH!!!
2015 FJ-09
2009 WR250R
1989 HawkGT

• Premium Member
recall done today - just rode 40 miles, no noticeable change i.e. very happy with the gear shift. Hasn't stopped me looking for a 7th gear, though...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
recall done today - just rode 40 miles, no noticeable change i.e. very happy with the gear shift. Hasn't stopped me looking for a 7th gear, though...
There is in fact a 7th, but in the EU market it is de-activated by default. You can unlock it in diagnostic mode...

• Premium Member
Mine got done today also. It was the first one for the mechanic they assigned to my bike! Oh well, I guess that impact wrench had a torque limiter on it? Also my first ride with the Ty pipe. Very noticeable power increase. Need to be careful as it wheelies easily, until the nanny kicks in. Thanks again Ty. The mechanic said, boy, your bikes sounds good. What did you do? Ha ha.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Johan, is it April 1st again or are you smoking something medicinal?
Maybe the fact it was Friday, maybe the exhilaration from a ride home on the Tracer, or maybe just the exceptional bottle of Cote de Rhone, who knows? Did you not find it then?

• Premium Member
Johan, is it April 1st again or are you smoking something medicinal?
Maybe the fact it was Friday, maybe the exhilaration from a ride home on the Tracer, or maybe just the exceptional bottle of Cote de Rhone, who knows? Did you not find it then?
I didn't go looking for it today - didn't go into 6th very often on my 70 mile lap in the Cotswolds. It was one of those days for bouncing off the rev limiter in 3rd (indicated 112) before changing up. Traffic didn't allow me to find the rev limiter in 4th, sadly. A mission for tomorrow...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I should forward these pictures to my dealer since they said they needed to do a couple bikes off the floor first before taking customers bikes in for the repair.
That's terrible, and I'd be finding a new dealer ASAP. They're putting potential sales ahead of the safety of existing customers who already have bikes. If their reasoning is that it's 'practice' before doing customers' bikes, that's bunk, too. The repair ain't rocket science at all, and if they feel their techs can't handle it until they've tried a few, I'd be looking for another service department, too.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

Had mine done yesterday with the first service, guy seemed to know his stuff and did both in about an hour and 15 mins.
felt better after but I think this was down to me leaving the chain tensioning alone till they did it at service.
Had a discussion about this with them, when they did the training they were told 15mm and the reasons why and say its definatly corrct,
I am inclined to agree as Yamaha make the bike and the gear change is now better. ( they said the MT07 is 50mm because it tightens up when your on the bike where ours loosens up)

ULEWZ, did you notice the shifting's much better?
My shifing isn't any different.  Not better, not worse, but the engine did develop a terrible squeaking sound that I am going to take back and have examined.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived