buzzy pegs!

tadv

My Tracer GT gets the buzzy pegs at high rpms. I know its not Harley bad, but wanted to see how some rubber covered pegs might help. Anyone know where I might find some? I've seen a video with Tracer accessories that show them, but no link. Thanks! 

• Supporting Member
36 minutes ago, tadv said:

My Tracer GT gets the buzzy pegs at high rpms. I know its not Harley bad, but wanted to see how some rubber covered pegs might help. Anyone know where I might find some? I've seen a video with Tracer accessories that show them, but no link. Thanks! 

1rc-274m0-00-00-adventure-foot-pegs-mt-s

Adventure-type wider foot pegs make your ride more comfortable on...

• Thumbsup 3

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I used these with no problem mounting them. Do one side at a time as the springs are a different twist for left and right. The only difference is the length of the feeler that comes with kit. The peg extension that will rub the ground first before undercarriage. I drilled and tapped each peg to use stock feelers. The geometry of these new pegs must be different as I used to only occasionally rub the pegs and now rub them quite a lot. Tells me that somehow they are lower in position the stock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MF8K6MZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You haven't felt buzzy until you've ridden the BMW S1000XR. A couple of years ago, I was ready to buy until I rode it, after a 2 hour test ride, my hands and feet were tingling for quite a while after I got off the bike. The Tracer is nothing by comparison, but each person has their own level of tolerance for vibrations. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
45 minutes ago, mingo said:

You haven't felt buzzy until you've ridden the BMW S1000XR.

I had the identical experience with the one I rode back in 2016.  I understand that the newer ones are supposed to be significantly improved... I would hope so, since it was really intrusive to me.  For reference, I’m a huge fan of big four-stroke singles, so a bit of the paint shaker dynamic typically doesn’t bother me.  

To the original question, I know many have had good luck fitting the rubber covered pegs from an FJR.  I haven’t modified the pegs on my FJ - other than removing those ridiculous peg feelers - so can’t offer a direct opinion.  For me the FJ has the right amount of character (mechanically busy, but not intrusive), and I would expect the GT to be similar.  

• Premium Member

I know when I added my MPG Rearset, peg buzz almost disappeared. Stock never really was that bad, but big difference when I added the MPGs. 

2015 FJ-09 - Andreani Cartridges, Ohlins 535 Rear Shock, LightTech Chain Adjusters, Yoshi Fender Eliminator, Blaster-X Integrated Tail Light/Blinkers,  Full Yoshi Exhaust, Ivan's Flash, Bagster Seat, Rizoma: (Bar, Grips, Bar Ends, Mirrors, Oil Cap, Rear Pegs) Bremob Corsa Corta Master Cylinder, Bremob RCS19 Hadraulic Clutch, GPR Steering Damper, Speigler Hydraulic Lines, EBC Brake Pads, Puig Screen, HealTech Quick Shifter, MPG Rearset, XSR900 Slipper Clutch, Driven Racing Halo Gas Cap, SW-Motch Front / Rear Axel Sliders,  R1 Rotors / 320mm Kit Conversion. 

• Supporting Member
On 1/5/2020 at 11:26 AM, littlebruv said:

The Yamaha adventure foot pegs, do they come complete with fixing pins and springs as it doesn't say on the website

I have had the adventure pegs pictured above for almost 3 years.  While I don't remember if I used the original pins and springs or it came with new parts, I do know for a fact that I didn't have to buy anything extra to make them work.  It was a 5-10 minute swap.

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, betoney said:

I have had the adventure pegs pictured above for almost 3 years.  While I don't remember if I used the original pins and springs or it came with new parts, I do know for a fact that I didn't have to buy anything extra to make them work.  It was a 5-10 minute swap.

I seem to remember one side being an easy swap and having to grind the head off the pin on the other side.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I'll be ordering my Adventure pegs in a couple of weeks. Pricey, but I like the piece of mind that OEM parts sometimes give. As far as I can tell, they will work on my '15...I hope anyways!

Edited by hammer
Cheers!

• Supporting Member
41 minutes ago, hammer said:

I'll be ordering my Adventure pegs in a couple of weeks. Pricey, but I like the piece of mind that OEM parts sometimes give. As far as I can tell, they will work on my '15...I hope anyways!

Yes, I installed them on a 2015 model.

• Thumbsup 1