How is such a great bike so unpopular!?

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Man, I'd so trade my grey kit for that red and black, in a heartbeat.  

Apparently, I'm the odd one out though :)

I actually kind of the like the burnt orange too. It is different. Would definitely need to put dingos on the front forks to cover the gold. 

Without wishing to sound like a moaning Minnie or cracked record - and focussing a bit more on this thread's headline - Yamaha's marketing and lack of response to the customer is woeful.   Within the past week I have sent an on-line contact form to Yamaha's Oz HQ asking if they can tell me where I might see the Tomato colour.   Response: nil.   I also had a discussion with a local dealer from whom I'd bought a bike before, asking him to look into it for me, and advise.   Deathly silence.

Baffling to me, after all I only want to spend about $20,000 with them...

LATER EDIT: I finally got a response to my query to Yamaha's Oz HQ.   Here it is - hardly helpful, as the location mentioned is a good 600km from me.   And yes - it could make for a useful couple of days on the road, there and back, but I cannot cross the border into that State, about 90km away!   And you'll note that the response does not even mention the name or contact details of the dealership.   They don't really want to sell them, do they!

It appears as though no QLD dealer has a unit of the new Tracer GT model in the Tech Black colour scheme on their floor stock. The only retailer I  have listed as having one as part of their floor stock is in Port Macquarie NSW, but Yamaha retailers are free to place an order for the model if they so choose to as they are currently in stock.

Kind Regards

Frank De Marco

Edited by wordsmith
  • Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member

If I could pick up a used tank and plastic for my 19 GT, I would paint it the 15 red in a heart beat. That ought to be good for another 10HP🙂

He who dies with the most toys wins.

6 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Imo my 15 fastest red is still the sharpest of all years

20200502_130315.jpg

Naw, badass blue is still the best. I may be a little biased though. 

20200120-173232.jpg

I bought mine in Texas.  It was the only one they got at the dealership. It was a 2015 and I bought it as a leftover with a deep discount in 2016. They said they couldn't sell it but the FZ-09's were very big sellers.  Last time I was in there they didn't have a GT yet and said they didn't know if they were going to get one.  

I'm afraid that what we have is an old man's bike 🙄

56 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

I'm afraid that what we have is an old man's bike

it's not that we have an old mans bike I think it's because we have an old man's hobby. I'm 62 and I often feel that when I stop off at a popular bikers cafe or meet that the average age of the group of bikers has lowered slightly. (maybe that the younger, fitter ones are still out on their bikes and not stopping for coffee)

3 hours ago, Zach26 said:

Naw, badass blue is still the best. I may be a little biased though.

10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Imo my 15 fastest red is still the sharpest of all years

I like My fast stealth black

My Tracer a.jpg

10 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

If I could pick up a used tank and plastic for my 19 GT, I would paint it the 15 red in a heart beat. That ought to be good for another 10HP🙂

You could follow the lead of many here and simply use some Plasti Dip in an appropriate red.   It apparently peels off leaving no trace (geddit) of it anywhere.   Dazzler24 may care to chip in...

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member

I had to go to the Yamaha dealer yesterday to pick up a part, so I took the 200 mile scenic route. I saw three other FJ-09s out and about, and the dealer had two Tracer GTs in Wordsmith's favorite tomato color.

@Wordsmith - looks like you need to move to Oregon. 😁😁

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, keithu said:

I had to go to the Yamaha dealer yesterday to pick up a part, so I took the 200 mile scenic route.

That's the best way to run errands on a bike! 👍

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, keithu said:

I had to go to the Yamaha dealer yesterday to pick up a part, so I took the 200 mile scenic route. I saw three other FJ-09s out and about, and the dealer had two Tracer GTs in Wordsmith's favorite tomato color.

@Wordsmith - looks like you need to move to Oregon. 😁😁

Send me tickets, Keith, and I'll be there in a flash!

• Like 1