CLUTCH CABLE

• Premium Member
I ordered a new clutch cable and got it a few weeks ago. Haven't had it installed yet but it will be soon. The parts guy at my dealer said only the updated part number came up in his system. I'm putting the new one in because I'm being proactive as I have 18,000 miles on my bike. Also replacing drive chain as I got a couple of kinks in it. Ordered new plugs as well as at my last service my dealer didn't have my plugs in stock.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I ordered a new clutch cable and got it a few weeks ago. Haven't had it installed yet but it will be soon. The parts guy at my dealer said only the updated part number came up in his system. I'm putting the new one in because I'm being proactive as I have 18,000 miles on my bike. Also replacing drive chain as I got a couple of kinks in it. Ordered new plugs as well as at my last service my dealer didn't have my plugs in stock.
Is the PN 2PP-26335-02-00 and does it look like this?!! 
Inquiring and desperate minds need to know!

20170211_110045.jpg

• Premium Member
I looked at the clutch cable that I got from the dealer and the Yamaha number is: 2PP-26335-02.
And it does look like the picture above. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• 2 weeks later...
Finally got around to ordering the new clutch cable. Cost $60 ,I guess we pay a lot for yamaha parts and assessories up here.
...not really out of line if your order from a stealer... factoring exchange etc. Did you pickup the OEM "improved" cable?... the one with the extra kink in it.. :P
Yeah I asked for the 2017 version and it came up with 2PP-26335-02-00, will take a week to come in. 

• 3 weeks later...
...not really out of line if your order from a stealer... factoring exchange etc. Did you pickup the OEM "improved" cable?... the one with the extra kink in it.. :P Yeah I asked for the 2017 version and it came up with 2PP-26335-02-00, will take a week to come in.
Thanks, I did'nt know there was a new cable. Mine is still fine, but i'll change it out with the redesign for peace of mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI, I ordered a new Clutch cable ( just because I wanted a spare based on the conversations here ) using the updated part number ( 2PP-26335-02-00 ) and it did NOT have the larger bend in it. It looks close to the current one, with perhaps an even beefier metal sleeve on it. I can't compare to the stock one ( bike still in for the winter ) but this new cable does not look that much different from the one that come on the bike. Always good to have a spare, just did not want anyone to expect the "new" 90 degree bend design on that part number.

Archived