What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I passed by my storage unit and looked at mine.  It's -16ºC (3ºF) this morning.  So not likely gonna be riding the Tracer anytime soon.  Problem is that we had a few warm and sunny days so the snowmobile trails are screwed too.  😪

• Sad 2

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Finally fitted the HP8 EX. Pretty straightforward install. The fit and finish of the system are absolutely first rate .. as good as anyone including Akro. Looks are also fantastic but it has a painful drone from idle to 5k rpm without the db killer. It's impossible to stand. With the db killer it is tolerable. The issue is not that the system is loud because it isn't really loud. The issue is that the muffler exit is right below your ears and an engine drone reflects back from the ground straight into your ears. Will give it some time to see if I can live with it. NOTE: If you buy one ... the db killer does NOT come with it. YOu have to order it and pay extra. I bought directly from Dominator in Poland and paid in Zloty. That gives the best price which was $650 delivered to my door incl. db killer.

image.thumb.jpeg.4e0df1be508f9a505a2560c2d4bcdc37.jpeg

Edited by Turd Ferguson
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Turd Ferguson said:

Finally fitted the HP8 EX. Pretty straightforward install. Looks are fantastic but it has a painful drone from idle to 5k rpm without the db killer. It's impossible to stand. With the db killer it is tolerable. The issue is not that the system is loud because it isn't really loud. The issue is that the muffler exit is right below your ears and an engine drone reflects back from the ground straight into your ears. Will give it some time to see if I can live with it. NOTE: If you buy one ... the db killer does NOT come with it. YOu have to order it and pay extra. I bought directly from Dominator in Poland and paid in Zloty. That gives the best price which was $650 delivered to my door incl. db killer.

image.thumb.jpeg.4e0df1be508f9a505a2560c2d4bcdc37.jpeg

IMG_5452.jpg

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
On 3/13/2023 at 11:59 PM, dazzler24 said:

I changed out my cheap hydraulic brake switch for a more expensive one and now it's switching as it should with only light pressure.

What did you end up buying? I am giving Vortex another chance.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, piotrek said:

What did you end up buying? I am giving Vortex another chance.

I bought one from a local distributor here in Oz.  It was branded DRC and was advertised as being for MX bikes.  It cost me just under AU$50 so I'm hoping that it is of better quality.  It appears to be of a higher quality finish and the switch certainly responds to just a press of the brake now as opposed to my cheap one.

EDIT: - I know @betoney has this one from Spiegler and swears by it.  Might be easier to source from where you are too if you're interested in changing brands?

I do like that it is right angled which makes it a bit tidier but of course the straight ones work just as well.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
On 3/18/2023 at 8:45 PM, dazzler24 said:

I bought one from a local distributor here in Oz.  It was branded DRC and was advertised as being for MX bikes.  It cost me just under AU$50 so I'm hoping that it is of better quality.  It appears to be of a higher quality finish and the switch certainly responds to just a press of the brake now as opposed to my cheap one.

EDIT: - I know @betoney has this one from Spiegler and swears by it.  Might be easier to source from where you are too if you're interested in changing brands?

I do like that it is right angled which makes it a bit tidier but of course the straight ones work just as well.

Too late... Vortex is already on there. It was about the same price as the Spiegler... but available closer/quicker. I found the DRC switch at a shop out of California. It looks to be a 2-part assembly... yes?

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, piotrek said:

I found the DRC switch at a shop out of California. It looks to be a 2-part assembly... yes?

No?  Not unless you count the bullet connectors that I relegate to the bin/trash?

Here's an image of what was in the kit.

image.png.770bbd9974e78ff35d2e6f879990b084.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Cut my work day short and took the bike out for an hour. Rain coming later in the week to wash some of the filth off the roads (was wearing some of it by end of the ride). Nevertheless... first full day of spring. 👍

20230321_164950.thumb.jpg.51df5d21e774412aedd3260c527ec55c.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, piotrek said:

Cut my work day short and took the bike out for an hour. Rain coming later in the week to wash some of the filth off the roads (was wearing some of it by end of the ride). Nevertheless... first full day of spring. 👍

20230321_164950.thumb.jpg.51df5d21e774412aedd3260c527ec55c.jpg

You need FendaExtenda F&R

They really help a lot.

Never figured out why people Bob the rear unless they never ride in the wet...

• Thumbsup 1