What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

Springtime bloom of tire nubbies!  🔥 🔥 🔥

These Bridgestone T32R BattleAx tires are just spectacular in every way. The 165hp S1000XR still managed over 6000 miles on these tires, I should do much better on the Tracer.

NubbieBloom.thumb.jpg.2e73484fca56dab9ccc9664fc7df9cac.jpg

Glad I got this chain business out of the way before serious riding starts next month:

spotless2.thumb.jpg.16895773c40a62aed7d7d356410c4e53.jpg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Warchild said:

Springtime bloom of tire nubbies!  🔥 🔥 🔥

These Bridgestone T32R BattleAx tires are just spectacular in every way. The 165hp S1000XR still managed over 6000 miles on these tires, I should do much better on the Tracer.

NubbieBloom.thumb.jpg.2e73484fca56dab9ccc9664fc7df9cac.jpg

Glad I got this chain business out of the way before serious riding starts next month:

spotless2.thumb.jpg.16895773c40a62aed7d7d356410c4e53.jpg

Why do you use an additional padockstand, when you have the center stand on the bike?

33 minutes ago, RonZuidhoek said:

Why do you use an additional padockstand, when you have the center stand on the bike?

Look underneath the rear wheel... see that Pit Bull Tire wedge? Make rear tire changes a breeze, no more raising the rear wheel with a foot to align/slide in the rear axle. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

I use the 7.5" x 4.4 air wedge bag; works well and has dozens of other uses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G4S6L5K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1RNETUG1LLHVW&psc=1

15% for 3 versus the cost of 1 of these plus their shipping.

https://www.pit-bull.com/motorcycle-apparel-accessories/track-accessories/pit-crew-tire-wedge-f0102-000

• Thumbsup 2

On 3/15/2023 at 12:19 PM, Turd Ferguson said:

Finally fitted the HP8 EX. Pretty straightforward install. The fit and finish of the system are absolutely first rate .. as good as anyone including Akro. Looks are also fantastic but it has a painful drone from idle to 5k rpm without the db killer. It's impossible to stand. With the db killer it is tolerable. The issue is not that the system is loud because it isn't really loud. The issue is that the muffler exit is right below your ears and an engine drone reflects back from the ground straight into your ears. Will give it some time to see if I can live with it. NOTE: If you buy one ... the db killer does NOT come with it. YOu have to order it and pay extra. I bought directly from Dominator in Poland and paid in Zloty. That gives the best price which was $650 delivered to my door incl. db killer.

image.thumb.jpeg.4e0df1be508f9a505a2560c2d4bcdc37.jpeg

So ... I bought a few more DB killers from Dominator (One hard and two medium) and did my own testing. WARNING: YOu can only install the hard DB killer if you cut off the end cap at the DB killer inlet! Otherwise it will at least melt your carbon cap and maybe more! My first mod was to take my medium DB killer and cut the tube out of it leaving just the constriction at the mounting flange but NO tube. This is my favorite combination. Great sound and no more drone than with the unmodified medium DB killer! You have to use a Dremel cutting wheel and cut the weld off from the outlet side to give it a smooth opening! The tube is just inserted into the DB killer flange and then TIG welded from the outlet side. Cut that weld from the inside of the tube with a dremel cutting wheel, then smooth and polish it and you get a perfect venturi opening and no obstacles or sharp edges. This is by far my favorite way to eliminate drone and get great sound that is much better than with the intact medium DB killer. My next favorite would be the hard DB killer with the tube block-off cut-off.

• Thumbsup 1

14 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Me too

Not worth it when they're just gonna go mottley bronze again.

The patina promotes better cooling than a mirror finish.  Something about not allowing a boundary layer of air to stagnate.

Kinda like the dimples on a golf ball.

I dunno about improving cooling or anything (and don't really care) but yeah, if it was a garage queen maybe that would be different, but I ride way to often in terrible conditions to even consider that much effort for a very, very short term gain.  I mean, mine didn't look that good new ("new" - it had a couple hundred kilometers on it as a demo bike) and after a month and say 1500kms or so it'll just be splotchybronze again :)

If/when my headers come off, they're going in the trash and I'm mounting new ones.  Like those that come with that Black Widow tri-oval system I've been eyeballing forever.

All that said: Mad respect for how great they look, though.  Sweet

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I use the 7.5" x 4.4 air wedge bag; works well and has dozens of other uses.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08G4S6L5K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1RNETUG1LLHVW&psc=1

15% for 3 versus the cost of 1 of these plus their shipping.

https://www.pit-bull.com/motorcycle-apparel-accessories/track-accessories/pit-crew-tire-wedge-f0102-000

Oh, those look awesome.  So many times that would have come in really useful, and for $15...  There's a new tool in the box right there. 

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, Wintersdark said:

There's a new tool in the box right there.

Ohhhh same.  They're a bit more expensive on scAmazon.ca though (not that it's stopping me).

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

21 hours ago, betoney said:

When I first got my FJ I had an interest in the Puig fairing extensions but due to their price there was never any feedback here on whether they made a difference in wind flow.  I'd be curious to hear your experience once the weather warms up.

Yes, they are indeed pricey (even on sale) but after seeing they are out of stock many places and that I couldn't even find them on the PuigUSA website any longer, I was worried they might be out of production.  I bought the last one listed on Revzilla's inventory.  

I admit there are two reasons I installed them:

1. Function. To see if it helps with airflow.

2. Form.  To fill-in and cover up some of the exposed area behind the headlights (they area of the bike always looked unfinished to me). 

When the weather stops snowing here and warms up enough to ride, I'll report back.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, Dave Clark said:

2. Form.  To fill-in and cover up some of the exposed area behind the headlights (they area of the bike always looked unfinished to me).

That was my reason for the initial interest as well, the 1st generation FJ09 was definitely -in my opinion- rushed to market on the success of the FZ09 and the front area was completely unfinished.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

12 hours ago, Warchild said:

Look underneath the rear wheel... see that Pit Bull Tire wedge? Make rear tire changes a breeze, no more raising the rear wheel with a foot to align/slide in the rear axle. 

Never knew this excisted. Seem like a handy tool.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, Dave Clark said:

Yes, they are indeed pricey (even on sale) but after seeing they are out of stock many places and that I couldn't even find them on the PuigUSA website any longer, I was worried they might be out of production.  I bought the last one listed on Revzilla's inventory.  

When the weather stops snowing here and warms up enough to ride, I'll report back.

7 hours ago, betoney said:

That was my reason for the initial interest as well, the 1st generation FJ09 was definitely -in my opinion- rushed to market on the success of the FZ09 and the front area was completely unfinished.

Just to be clear, I like the look of them too and completely agree that the front of the 2015 bikes do looked 'unfinished' but have to ask - why is it such an abomination to stick something out the front (of the front) but not the back (of the front)?

I refer of course to the much discussed 'beak/bill'.

After all, Daffy had no problem with it either way as I recall! 😉

image.png.074025fe95d4e877a677905386a18b71.png

image.png.99bb959f705d8d66252a3315f5745247.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Just to be clear, I like the look of them too and completely agree that the front of the 2015 bikes do looked 'unfinished' but have to ask - why is it such an abomination to stick something out the front (of the front) but not the back (of the front)?

I refer of course to the much discussed 'beak/bill'.

After all, Daffy had no problem with it either way as I recall! 😉

image.png.074025fe95d4e877a677905386a18b71.png

image.png.99bb959f705d8d66252a3315f5745247.png

We can't all be Daffy, rocking our beaks either way with style an panache.

The parts out of the back of the front look nice, whereas the parts out of the front of the front look awful and anyone doing that is clearly just wrong and has no taste whatsoever.

I sure wish my Tracer looked more like a v-strom!

- No one, ever.

Edited by Wintersdark
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, Warchild said:

I can't believe I haven't' seen one of these before.....looks fantastic!