What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

And now for something completely unnecessary.  Some would even say, a waste of time and money. 

Fair enough. You could argue that point, and make good arguments.

The Tracer 900 GT has a center-stand. It doesn't need spools for a rear bike stand. 

And it surely doesn't need hooks for a rear paddock stand.

It doesn't matter that I don't need these god-like, beautifully machined works-of-art.

It only matters that I wanted them. 🔥

Admittedly, I do have a severe weakness for Sato Racing hardware:

godLike2.thumb.jpg.93bac3b85f9bd7f45a01d701a1b5c423.jpg

Another reason to avoid paddock hooks - besides being unnecessary and expensive - you have to work for these. Our rear frame has two factory-welded bosses, the forward one is pre-drilled to fit a M6 spool. The rear boss, that you must drill/tap for proper M6 x 1.00 threads:

RHS_Start_closeup.thumb.jpg.8807721480bc8282df7ba6e3014b10a4.jpg

It's just not that hard... first, drill the proper size hole for it:

FirstCut.thumb.jpg.eb801f5ace83b93ceb3c33a6637fe1f7.jpg

Then, tap that baby! Be generous with the cutting oil here:

Tapping2.thumb.jpg.59b69c807ce4844e9aceb42677bc02e0.jpg

Run your stainless steel bolt up/down your new threads a few times, clean/dry them, then blue loctite the paddock hook bolts. Boom, done.

RHS_Done.thumb.jpg.3ff1a0e027480eff03ef508bf119d9f8.jpg

I fully realized I don't need these hooks.

I just wanted them, primarily for Badassery Factor, and because I am basically a little kid trapped in a grown-ass man's body.   😁

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

@Warchild - I feel strangely aroused by all that Ti & billet.  It makes me want to pour a nice bourbon, and go to the ProBolt website unsupervised…  😳

This guy's back to tempt you again isn't he!

Its Me Devil GIF by Rob Zombie

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, texscottyd said:

@Warchild - I feel strangely aroused by all that Ti & billet.  It makes me want to pour a nice bourbon, and go to the ProBolt website unsupervised…  😳

You know that will just end up with Badness.  😆    I highly recommend it.  🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1

Had a little encounter with a chunk of tire a few months back that resulted in a bent peg, broken toe and bent foot lever but no other damage. Seemed like a good excuse to get the adventure pegs. However .. seems a field of 4 leaf clovers is easier to find. I did find some listed online at a high price but after ordering them it turns out they had none in stock. They were helpful and checked the dealer parts computer. One dealer in CO showed them in stock. I called and indeed they did, at the original list price!! I did forget about the brake lever, it works fine, just looks wrong.  

pegs.jpg

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that you managed to bend but not break the stock pegs.  I broke both the feelers off mine; felt like they were pretty soft.  

Those look exactly like T7 footpegs.  I wonder if the T7 ones fit?  I'm pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work, but... I'd rather run the stock T7 pegs than the rubber topped amazon pegs I have now, and I've got my stock T7 pegs in a box.  Maybe I should check that again.

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, riding_tall said:

I did forget about the brake lever, it works fine, just looks wrong.  

pegs.jpg

That bent brake pedal should be a relatively easy fix, you might not get it 100% perfect but should be able to get it very close.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member

#1 The rear stand bobbin bosses were cast Not welded on.

I look at the use of the bosses for  stand bobbins sacrificial Because they frequently break off when there is a stainless steel bolt in them

they may be designed to do that at a certain point it is part of the casting. Design structurally.

Since you can bet that if you have a button on there and it hits it's going to crack it. I put a bobbins / slider on with larger bearing surface area.

The second boss is still available if needed.

The axle sliders may in certain cases protect the bobbin slider.

#2 I have ADV rider footpegs but they aren't rubber topped and most significantly, are adjustable 360 in increments of about 25 degrees.

Ended up because of my left foot being numb having to go to a narrower rounder peg due to having to concentrate to use my ankle rotation.  They're slightly shorter though.

I did like that the adv pegs were longer for my wide 45s

20230408_123100.jpg

20230408_125340.jpg

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, betoney said:

That bent brake pedal should be a relatively easy fix, you might not get it 100% perfect but should be able to get it very close.

Painted steel

Just don't heat it up too much straightening it. But you probably will have to paint it.

I once straightened the levers on my VTR when it tipped over Very embarrassingly with me on it in front of a family. I didn't get hurt as I was ATGATT.

Straightened it almost perfectly. There's no such thing is new by only working it with my hands slowly bit by bit and using just a flat surface to bear against.

They must have used a very annealed condition aluminum. It wasn't zinc pot metal. Late 90s quality really.

I think steel frames which Are popular again especially for an ADV bIke are more reparable.

But I digress...