What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

I received my Corbin seat two weeks ago and fit it on the bike today. Looks great but I can't get it to latch, I've tried everything I can think of so waiting to hear what Corbin says tomorrow.

image.jpeg.0eee531bdc0b325f25a29dd9a60b3621.jpeg

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, Gordie said:

I received my Corbin seat two weeks ago and fit it on the bike today. Looks great but I can't get it to latch, I've tried everything I can think of so waiting to hear what Corbin says tomorrow

This was recently discussed in another Corbin topic.  I have a Corbin on my VFR and it did the same thing, the metal bracket needs to extend about 2mm longer to catch the seat latch, simple fix is to unscrew the bracket on the seat and put a washer on each side between the seat pan and the bracket extending the bracket just long enough to catch effortlessly.

My description might not be 100% coherent but once you look at it, its common sense.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 4/8/2023 at 9:52 AM, Wintersdark said:

Honestly, I'm kind of impressed that you managed to bend but not break the stock pegs.  I broke both the feelers off mine; felt like they were pretty soft.  

Those look exactly like T7 footpegs.  I wonder if the T7 ones fit?  I'm pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work, but... I'd rather run the stock T7 pegs than the rubber topped amazon pegs I have now, and I've got my stock T7 pegs in a box.  Maybe I should check that again.

I don't know if the T7 and S10 pegs are the same. I found a used set of those pegs from an S10, and they required a little grinding to narrow pivot to fit in the Tracer mount. It was only about 2mm too wide. 

On 2/27/2023 at 8:40 PM, Clegg78 said:

Is there any drilling or key/lugs that the stock bars have you need to deal with?

On 4/9/2023 at 2:27 PM, Gordie said:

I received my Corbin seat two weeks ago and fit it on the bike today. Looks great but I can't get it to latch, I've tried everything I can think of so waiting to hear what Corbin says tomorrow.

image.jpeg.0eee531bdc0b325f25a29dd9a60b3621.jpeg

Wow! that looks really great!

Rode to red rocks and then around after working out there for an hour.     First real ride since doing all the work on the bike (New chain, sprockets, air filter, plugs, valves adjusted, TB synced, coolant and oil changed...  and some other bits..)  and holy hell this bike is stunning to ride.   Better than any point since I rode it from the dealer.    Just seems to be damn excited to be out tearing up some asphalt.   Wish I wasn't so GD busy this spring and summer with other non motorcycle trips.... I need to figure out a way to ride it a bit more :)

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I don't know if the T7 and S10 pegs are the same. I found a used set of those pegs from an S10, and they required a little grinding to narrow pivot to fit in the Tracer mount. It was only about 2mm too wide. 

Checked, and no... the T7 pegs are pretty substantially different.  The angle is different, the pivot is significantly wider, etc.  I'm sure you could make it work with a lot of effort, but meh.  Alas.  I actually like the stock T7 pegs a lot.  They're not good for adv pegs, but they're quite comfortable.  Ah well.

16 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

Rode to red rocks and then around after working out there for an hour.     First real ride since doing all the work on the bike (New chain, sprockets, air filter, plugs, valves adjusted, TB synced, coolant and oil changed...  and some other bits..)  and holy hell this bike is stunning to ride.   Better than any point since I rode it from the dealer.    Just seems to be damn excited to be out tearing up some asphalt....

Yup. I rode the FJ yesterday and love the smoothness I feel after the TB sync and plug replacement.  It starts instantly, purrs like a kitten and pulls like a race horse.  Big difference in feel and rideability post service.

• Thumbsup 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

On 4/9/2023 at 10:39 PM, betoney said:

This was recently discussed in another Corbin topic.  I have a Corbin on my VFR and it did the same thing, the metal bracket needs to extend about 2mm longer to catch the seat latch, simple fix is to unscrew the bracket on the seat and put a washer on each side between the seat pan and the bracket extending the bracket just long enough to catch effortlessly.

My description might not be 100% coherent but once you look at it, its common sense.

Thanks for this; that's what the Corbin instructions mention. However, with mine, the seat pan is actually making contact with the hardware bracket for the front seat so even with a longer latch it still doesn't sit on there correctly.

• Premium Member

Black Widow exhaust should be here tomorrow. ECU is on the way to 2Wheel. 

Getting to the ECU took some time. Gonna swap out the air filter while I'm in there. I'll wait til winter (snowed last night by the way) to tear down again to replace plugs, filter, remove excess plumbing and install block off plates. 

OEM exhaust came off easily while on sidestand. 

Handling has been a little off. Lots of wallowing. I've had the Nitron shock serviced and I replaced seals and oil in the forks. Wife helped check sag. That sounds kind of weird. 

While removing the exhaust I noticed one of the bones on the linkage just dangling. A nut had worked loose. There's my handling issue.

OEM exhaust is a piece of furniture. Almost as bad as the 76 Honda 750SS I had. Installed a Kerker on it fast.

Anyway, I'm anxiously waiting for brown to show up tomorrow. 

Dan

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, fr8dog said:

Getting to the ECU took some time. Gonna swap out the air filter while I'm in there.

Handling has been a little off. Lots of wallowing. I've had the Nitron shock serviced and I replaced seals and oil in the forks.

While removing the exhaust I noticed one of the bones on the linkage just dangling. A nut had worked loose. There's my handling issue.

Is that your first time getting to the ECU/airbox?  First time is a real bitch but once you know the drill its simple thereafter and can be done in a few minutes.  Kudos to whoever designs modern bikes though, everything fits together perfectly like a puzzle.

That's a very scary situation with the missing nut and loose linkage, had the bolt backed out while riding... 😳  Glad you are ok.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Confused 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***