• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
6 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Finished fitting Ohlins today, will put up a video of my efforts to date once I am happy the bike is displayable lol.

You’re going to love it.   It’s not just ‘better handling’ with the upgrade; these bikes take on a whole new personality with top-shelf suspension.   

Money well spent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I installed Fren Tubo on my FZ-01.  It was rather easy to install as there is no ABS on that bike.  However, the rear brake line failed and locked the rear brake, it was the inner tubing that collapsed and wouldn't release the fluid from the caliper.  That turned out to be a very expensive repair as I was on a trip to the Dragon when it happened.

Edited by OldBikers
  • Thumbsup 1

Added some mirror risers from Twisted Throttle. They are about 2" taller and for 25 bucks it was the cheapest way . Now I can look passed my shoulders and see what's behind me.  While it is a remote chance that it is going to happen that a rock damages the radiator. I purchased a guard as insurance only.

My, used, 2020 900 GT came with a GIVI screen on it and the OEM sceen in a bag.  I was curious about the OEM screen (since everyone says it's so bad) so I installed it as soon as I got the bike home.  With a spoiler added, I find the OEM screen works fine.  I've had the GIVI screen for sale for ages with no takers, even down to $50.  I've been looking around for a shorty screen for summer so I figured, rather than buying another screen, I'd see what I could do with the GIVI.

I went from this ...

givi.jpg

to this ...

cut givi.jpg

I cut it so it's in line with the top of my GPS.  Just need to mount it up and try it out.

Edited by Heavy
  • Thumbsup 5

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Just  got 15000km on my Tracer 900 and it was time to change tires. Original rear was basically done. Because I’m going for 4 days trip this week it was time for new “shoes”. This time Dunlop Sportmax Sportroad2. At the same time there was a time for oil change (Rotella T6 full synthetic Diesel engine oil). When I finished took her for 250 km ride. Rolling so much smoother…cornering way better and faster - very neutral and stable. And transmission smooth like a butter. So far so good.

• Supporting Member

Got my FJ back from storage yesterday, and went for a short ride with Dad today for my first real ride since a) getting hurt a year ago nearly to the day (haven't been able to ride since until now) and b) since installing a Yamaha racing air filter, new plugs, TB sync, and vavle adjustment.

On a) I definitely need to practice to get my confidence back, but it felt great to be out again and analyze what needs work.

On b) it might be in my head but WOAH it seems to have more pull than when I rode it last.  Certainly improved.

• Thumbsup 5

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, knyte said:

Got my FJ back from storage yesterday, and went for a short ride with Dad today for my first real ride since a) getting hurt a year ago nearly to the day (haven't been able to ride since until now) and b) since installing a Yamaha racing air filter, new plugs, TB sync, and vavle adjustment.

On a) I definitely need to practice to get my confidence back, but it felt great to be out again and analyze what needs work.

On b) it might be in my head but WOAH it seems to have more pull than when I rode it last.  Certainly improved.

How about that windshield? Glad to hear you are back on the saddle.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

How about that windshield? Glad to hear you are back on the saddle.

Thanks!

Sadly, the bolt holes don't line up.  No worries though.

• Sad 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

8 hours ago, Rick123 said:

Just  got 15000km on my Tracer 900 and it was time to change tires. Original rear was basically done. Because I’m going for 4 days trip this week it was time for new “shoes”. This time Dunlop Sportmax Sportroad2. At the same time there was a time for oil change (Rotella T6 full synthetic Diesel engine oil). When I finished took her for 250 km ride. Rolling so much smoother…cornering way better and faster - very neutral and stable. And transmission smooth like a butter. So far so good.

I put a set of RoadSport II on mine too.  Don't have a ton of miles on them yet but they seem like a solid choice.

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, knyte said:

Got my FJ back from storage yesterday, and went for a short ride with Dad today for my first real ride since a) getting hurt a year ago nearly to the day (haven't been able to ride since until now)

Didn't know you were off the bike for a year due to injuries, hope you are back to normal.  Glad to hear you are back on the bike.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

6 hours ago, Heavy said:

I put a set of RoadSport II on mine too.  Don't have a ton of miles on them yet but they seem like a solid choice.

I only put 250 km yesterday on them but next weekend I’m going to Ride The Highlands so perhaps another 2000km or so.

• Premium Member

Yesterday

Gorgeous day

Ribs just OK

The day before the day before was nice too

Fresh T32s all scrubbed-in

But my L5/S1 region and sciatica said No Mas before I got home 😣

It is not only excrutiating but also extremely weird to have the nerves running up your inner thigh from knee to groin flare up sitting in a saddle at any speed.

Just crazy!

More than 550 hard miles within 48 hours appears to be too much too soon in my recovery.

At least I was able to squeeze into my Transit 2 suit!

20230521_205350.jpg

20230521_162112.jpg

20230519_194159.jpg

• Thumbsup 4