What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Supporting Member
10 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Yesterday

Gorgeous day

Ribs just OK

The day before the day before was nice too

Fresh T32s all scrubbed-in

But my L5/S1 region and sciatica said No Mas before I got home 😣

It is not only excrutiating but also extremely weird to have the nerves running up your inner thigh from knee to groin flare up sitting in a saddle at any speed.

Just crazy!

More than 550 hard miles within 48 hours appears to be too much too soon in my recovery.

At least I was able to squeeze into my Transit 2 suit!

20230521_205350.jpg

20230521_162112.jpg

20230519_194159.jpg

Just got back from a really pleasant ride myself. 25 deg C with no wind or traffic - bliss.

Good to hear you're back in the saddle 2plus3.  Not so good news about your ongoing pain issues though.

And by the size of that meal in the photo, you won't be  squeezing into your Transit 2 for much longer!   Whoa! 😉

Looks pretty tasty though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

I caught a pastic bag on my left boot on the way up to WI.  Had to stop to get it off.

When I stopped for gas 80 miles later and snapped the above photo I only then noticed more of the dam bag in the axle luckily outboard of the chain!  Got lucky for once.

Coincidently seeing my spine center pain management doc this afternoon.   This 2 weeks after having the worst of the offending nerves burned away (ablation).  This is the 2nd time this procedure largely has failed.  A dozen epidurals also have been of little positive effect.  And the surgeon has said more fusion will be a bigger deal and much riskier than the last round

What's a boy to do?

But it always could be worse! 

Question is, will I able ever to go on a tour again?  Which is one of the reasons I bought the FJ and outfitted it the way I did.

• Supporting Member

Installed an Atlas throttle lock, filled our tanks, and clocked another 5 hour ride with Dad today to and all around Elk Island Nat'l Park, then a bit further east and south through Tofield and back to Edmonton via Baseline Rd. / Sherwood Park.

Love the Atlas!  FAR better than the cheapie caliper-style throttle locks.  I think the medium pad is too thick, though.  Will attempt the thin pad and see how it goes.

• Thumbsup 3

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

On 5/21/2023 at 1:03 PM, Heavy said:

My, used, 2020 900 GT came with a GIVI screen on it and the OEM sceen in a bag.  I was curious about the OEM screen (since everyone says it's so bad) so I installed it as soon as I got the bike home.  With a spoiler added, I find the OEM screen works fine.  I've had the GIVI screen for sale for ages with no takers, even down to $50.  I've been looking around for a shorty screen for summer so I figured, rather than buying another screen, I'd see what I could do with the GIVI.

I went from this ...

givi.jpg

to this ...

cut givi.jpg

I cut it so it's in line with the top of my GPS.  Just need to mount it up and try it out.

Jury is still out on the shorty screen.  Rode a couple hundred miles yesterday.  High position put the wind at the top of my helmet visor and low position puts the wind at my helmet chin-bar.  Really windy/gusty day and direction made a big difference.  Certainly got a LOT more bugs splattered on my visor.

Still tweaking to be done, but it sure looks better than the original.

t900 05.23.23.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Today I looked at pictures of my bike. I'm on a contract in Saudi Arabia and my FJ is in storage. I miss it. Will be home in September and will take it out. 😔

• Thumbsup 3

Left the Tracer in the garage ... had other motorcycle things to do.  😁

Think I've been spending too much time on the Tracer ... took me a while to get comfortable with the bike moving around under me.

Rally 06.04.23.jpg

Edited by Heavy
  • Thumbsup 1

On 5/24/2023 at 8:04 AM, Heavy said:

Jury is still out on the shorty screen.  Rode a couple hundred miles yesterday.  High position put the wind at the top of my helmet visor and low position puts the wind at my helmet chin-bar.  Really windy/gusty day and direction made a big difference.  Certainly got a LOT more bugs splattered on my visor.

Still tweaking to be done, but it sure looks better than the original.

t900 05.23.23.jpg

I decided to abandon the cut down GIVI.  After my first test, I cut the shield down another 3/4", so that it is even with the top of my GPS and added a couple of 1/2" spacers under the lower retaining bolts.  Still had the wind hitting me about the chin-bar of my helmet, with lots of buffeting.  The cut GIVI looks good but, for me, the stock screen, with a spoiler is a far better option.  Certainly not as much air on a hot day but a more enjoyable setup.

t900 06.05.23.jpg

t900 cut givi.jpg

Edited by Heavy

• Premium Member

Well, it was Sunday, but close enough!  Worked on routes for a rally my wife and I host (OH-STOC, Ohio ST-Owners Club).  Our 16th year hosting!  The FJ-09 is such a delight to ride through the hills of Southern Ohio! (and anywhere else!!) And I saved a baby dinosaur while I was at it!

P1050844.JPG

P1050845.JPG

• Thumbsup 1