What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, betoney said:

That BBQ looks great.  I took a ride south yesterday morning and got a late breakfast.  Hard to beat biscuits and gravy with Tabasco, topped with runny eggs. 

image.thumb.png.80d6a38e7d37d49c1b3398a0159a43e4.png

Born to ride

Work to ride

Ride to eat...

Still have to cut 10#+ as my Aerostitch Transit suit etc is too snug...

Shooting for 210...

My fastest red will be that much faster huh?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'd still like to get to Boulder to visit a high school buddy. This season problem is I have a project starting which may screw up the whole summer because the client has delayed it by three months

Still gonna try but five hundred miles a day in my shape is all I think I can do...

Post up threads with pics on your trips!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, betoney said:

That BBQ looks great.  I took a ride south yesterday morning and got a late breakfast.  Hard to beat biscuits and gravy with Tabasco, topped with runny eggs. 

image.thumb.png.80d6a38e7d37d49c1b3398a0159a43e4.png

For us Antipodeans, please elaborate on what 'biscuits and gravy' consists of.  I've managed to work out the runny eggs. 😉

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

For us Antipodeans, please elaborate on what 'biscuits and gravy' consists of.  I've managed to work out the runny eggs. 😉

Exactly as stated.  A high starch gravey usually with chicken stock and bits over lard based biskets.  Traditional American plebian fair.  Personally I'm a well done scrambled egg onion & salami with a shortstack and chocolate milk ITM type of guy...

https://www.kktv.com/2023/02/22/ihop-is-bringing-back-free-short-stacks-national-pancake-day/

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

In this case 'Biscuits' in the USA are similiar to what you might call scones down under. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

9 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

In this case 'Biscuits' in the USA are similiar to what you might call scones down under. 

Thanks @Heli ATP   Yes, just like a scone.  It is a popular breakfast bread usually used for a breakfast sandwich or in this case, covered in sausage gravy.

Flaky Mile High Biscuits - Is there anything better than warm, hot-out-of-the-oven, mile high, flaky biscuits that just melts in your mouth? No, right? Because these are truly the best biscuits you will ever make right at home!

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, betoney said:

Thanks @Heli ATP   Yes, just like a scone.  It is a popular breakfast bread usually used for a breakfast sandwich or in this case, covered in sausage gravy.

Flaky Mile High Biscuits - Is there anything better than warm, hot-out-of-the-oven, mile high, flaky biscuits that just melts in your mouth? No, right? Because these are truly the best biscuits you will ever make right at home!

10 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

If and when I'm down under, I will not order either...

Screenshot_20230617_090913_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230617_091105_Google.jpg

I know this doesn't really come under the umbrella of what we did to our bikes but since we're already down the rabbit hole......

Ok guys, thanks for the replies and to furthering my education.

Just on the point of 'our' scones though, while they might sound similar to your biscuits, they are never (that I've ever heard of at least) eaten as breakfast fare but as a mid morning or as an afternoon snack usually with coffee or traditionally with tea.  The quote in 2plus3's screen grab of piling sugar on to sweeten is never done (again that I've ever heard of ) but rather jam and optionally clotted cream is used to sweeten things up if desired or they are simply consumed as is or with a little butter.

But now I have a hankering for your breakfast bread!

There, now back to what we did with our bikes. 😄👍

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Weekend's mileage so far.

Does the rest of the world celebrate our Hallmark Card Co.'s another excuse to market Father's Day?

Watered the back 40 post ride yesterday. Going to dispense fluid cheer to the SWMBO's front babies before SSU later this AM.

It takes a minimum of 2 hours to water every other day as we're in a very bad drought.

At least I had time to at least RUN the VTR last week!

20230617_154404.thumb.jpg.26325aea9d845a15a73b53ada6d3f024.jpg

20230616_205222.jpg

20230616_205150.jpg

20230614_142808.jpg

20230617_154432.jpg

20230614_142742.jpg

20230609_132346.jpg

20230609_132441.jpg

20230609_132556.jpg

20230614_142713.jpg

20230609_132511.jpg

20230609_132351.jpg

• Supporting Member

What was old is new again. I got tired of the Scorpion exhaust, particularly on longer rides... so I thought I'd go stock for remainder of the year (or beyond). Sourced a basically brand new FZ-09 exhaust locally for CAD $30. 7lbs heavier 😒, but it is quieter and the sound is less percussive. The exhaust tip shroud/shield needed some edits (interference with centre stand), but easily done. Will keep the Scorpion on hand for now and clean it some day.

20230618_124837.thumb.jpg.feace282d9bf0e3e1ed1813d9a68e930.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, piotrek said:

What was old is new again. I got tired of the Scorpion exhaust, particularly on longer rides... 

Were you running yours without the baffle?  Between the baffle and wearing ear plugs I don't notice mine at all while riding.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
On 6/18/2023 at 9:28 PM, betoney said:

Were you running yours without the baffle?  Between the baffle and wearing ear plugs I don't notice mine at all while riding.

Baffle in, of course. I suspect it's not so much the volume as the edgy sound/tone. Started to wear me out... so it's gone.

• Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

Finally got out for a decent ride yesterday. The Tracer is filthy, but still rides like a dream!

iKgcD82-wT2G8u_r8iEurDNnVlC74oH0CD8GLGBH

I was hoping to ride a nice long loop, but one of the passes is still closed. Oh well, the road is twisty on the way back too, so no loss.

s1VlbWL2jWTyCXOp5UKoqIUdZcCFlQmy6TsOSqSG

• Thumbsup 3