What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

8 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Nice setup, and serious lighting.  I’m intrigued by the mix of white and amber lenses… what is the intent of that combination?   Apologies if it’s a dumb question, but I very rarely ride at night anymore, and haven’t added any auxiliary lighting to my own bikes.  

Hi,

I do long distances and in Canada you never know when it rains or gets foggy and on top of that I do ride even at nights. So I needed more light on the roads especially backroads where there are a lot of dead animals lying on the roads. With one white and one amber am easily noticeable to people in cars during morning hours, that was the whole idea. 

Am glad you liked my setup

D2DEC223-260F-4EC4-A5E6-4B5930578831.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 5/5/2023 at 10:21 PM, dazzler24 said:

FWIW - I went for an Arrow X-Kone system some time ago - It looks a lot like the Black Widow mentioned here. (probably why I like the look of the B.W.)

The can of the X-Kone is 300mm in length and I wouldn't want it any louder than what it pumps out and that's with the baffle in.

As always YMMV.

Just for fun - here is a you tube of the X-Kone can with and without the db killer compared to the stock sound.  Not me, just an example.

image.thumb.png.6848578abc7596542b7c6146cd0c1358.png

Sound is pretty similar to the BW. I wouldn't want it any louder either. 

When I was younger I had Kerker pipes on the two Honda 750 SS. I was a teenager and loved them being loud. Also had Denco expansion chambers on an H1 500. Liked loud back then. Not so much now. 

I forgot which pipe you had installed. I looked it up at the time. A little more than I wanted to spend. I had a ding in one of my headers, otherwise I may have opted for the Scorpion a few here have installed. 

• Thumbsup 1

On 5/5/2023 at 10:21 PM, dazzler24 said:

FWIW - I went for an Arrow X-Kone system some time ago - It looks a lot like the Black Widow mentioned here. (probably why I like the look of the B.W.)

The can of the X-Kone is 300mm in length and I wouldn't want it any louder than what it pumps out and that's with the baffle in.

As always YMMV.

Just for fun - here is a you tube of the X-Kone can with and without the db killer compared to the stock sound.  Not me, just an example.

Pretty similar really - which I'd expect TBH: My experience has often been that most exhausts tend to sound pretty similar given vaguely similar shapes. 

Here's a 300mm Black Widow: 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 hours ago, fr8dog said:

Sound is pretty similar to the BW. I wouldn't want it any louder either. 

When I was younger I had Kerker pipes on the two Honda 750 SS. I was a teenager and loved them being loud. Also had Denco expansion chambers on an H1 500. Liked loud back then. Not so much now. 

I forgot which pipe you had installed. I looked it up at the time. A little more than I wanted to spend. I had a ding in one of my headers, otherwise I may have opted for the Scorpion a few here have installed. 

Yes, the Arrows are $$$$.  While I'm happy with the build quality of my Arrow, if I had my time over again I probably would have opted for one of the less expensive options.

I gave the Tracer a day off.  Ripped around on my little Honda.

Rally 05.08.23.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

Just came back from a big mileage trip ~800 miles. I was able to get the ham radio setup moved from my C14 to the T9GT for the bicycle stage race (Tour de Bloom in Wenatchee & Leavenworth WA). Definitely a huge improvement in terms of weight and agility on the road races with the Tracer. Having a smaller sport touring bike I'm able to maneuver around the peloton quickly. Also love the cruise control so I can write notes, ie, race numbers and get time splits. 

TdBmoto2.thumb.jpg.00b47f248b61baaea6c9f415fc346e8a.jpgTdBmoto1.thumb.jpg.bc7759c219f62895d1e543485ac50d92.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member

"Also love the cruise control so I can write notes, ie, race numbers and get time splits. "

MY CONFUSION STEMS FROM YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT. WHILE RIDING?  EVEN IF YOU CAN DO IT WITH VOICE RECOUGNITION...

18 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

MY CONFUSION STEMS FROM YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT. WHILE RIDING?  EVEN IF YOU CAN DO IT WITH VOICE RECOUGNITION...

Yes while riding- it's just numbers that are jotted down. But primarily we communicate the info/numbers via radio. The notes are backup and when we're in areas that comms can't reach. Safety is first and that means riding the bike, then when time allows we do the other tasks whenever possible.

I don't have a voice recorder and even if I did, I would have to review playback after the races to give the notes to judging crew which rarely don't have.

Today was a little exercise for the Tracer.  A couple hundred miles.  Grip heaters on medium for the whole ride.

FJR, rubber-top footpegs are an improvement.

Rear hugger extension didn't fall off.

GPS mount worked great.

GIVI crash guards weren't needed.  phew

t900.jpg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.