What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

• Premium Member
Mine are grip puppies too. Doc's look like heated grips.....

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Two things:

I waited till summer and ordered my heated grips, which were very available (since its summer) and delivered in 5 days.

I washed the bike, then I put a coat of my car wax on the tank and fairing parts.  Boy that looks nice.

Fitted a Kappa K47 topbox.
It came with a mounting plate and bolted onto my existing rack. I bought the pillion backrest for it as well.

Took it up to about 130kph (private track)
and didn't notice any difference. Its large enough, fits one helmet, not two.
Now we can do 2 up trips with luggage.
I might investigate adding brake lights into the red plastic "eyes".
P_20160618_134739_zpsamql5qzt.jpgP_20160618_134708_zpslyzqax7m.jpg

Also adjusted the headlight, it needed about 40 quarter turns lower.

Fitted a Kappa K47 topbox. It came with a mounting plate and bolted onto my existing rack. I bought the pillion backrest for it as well.

Took it up to about 130kph (private track)
and didn't notice any difference. Its large enough, fits one helmet, not two.
Now we can do 2 up trips with luggage.

Also adjusted the headlight, it needed about 40 quarter turns lower.
Looks like a great place for added brake lights - maybe something like these - http://www.hyperlites.com/.  I've had other riders come up side at a light and ask me about them. 

Good idea, sunnie: those large (in your case, a bit less so) red lens are custom-made for putting lights behind them, inside the case.   I did so on an earlier BMW and it worked fine, giving even more visibility, of which we riders cannot have enough! 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

My recent effort to lower engine revs somewhat at cruising velocities has not worked out too well – despite a minor effect I think I’ve lost more than I gained in fitting the smaller 43T rear-sprocket.

Acceleration in all gears was still good enough with the after-market sprocket, but not quite as ‘startling’ as originally, and since that aspect of the bike’s overall performance is one of its strongest points I’ve reverted to the OE gearing.

Short-ish day-rides are for me much more frequent than longer day-in-day-out distance touring, so I guess that in the long run I’m not losing much – but I’m sure that at times I’ll still keep looking for that seventh gear!

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

[strong]Decorating the pannier lids.[/strong]
OK – so it’s not at all innovative or creative, but to enhance the appearance of the pannier lids I had a pair of simple [em]‘MT-09 Tracer’[/em] decals made up by a local supplier, as in the [em]pic below.[/em]

Each decal size here is 24mm x 208mm (1” x 8”). There are numerous choices of typeface, size, and colour available – my choice was [em]Arial Bold Italic[/em], which suits the other lettering on the bike, and the chrome letters make it stand out. They also unexpectedly chime quite nicely with the silver stitching and piping on the adjacent Bagster seat!

Ordering from the many options could not have been easier as a ‘mock-up’ of the desired lettering appears as you go. I had excellent service from the vendor, and the decals were shipped within three days of my order.

For my Aussie mates, the vendor is <letterstickers.com.au>.

Adding a final touch when they are delivered I’ll shortly be placing in front of each decal a pair of inexpensive but nice quality Yamaha tuning-fork badges, each 1¾” (45mm) diameter, bought on-line from E Bay, and matching those at the front of the bike.

I think the combination will then be quite effective in lifting and lightening somewhat the blandness of the dull matte finish of the panniers, which is all I wanted to achieve. When the job is finished I’ll add a final post and pix here.

With postage the pair of decals cost $22 and the badges cost $13, for an all-up investment of $35.

When applying the decals – easy-to-follow instructions were included – I went to some trouble to align them with nearby downward-sloping elements of the bike so that everything lines-up visually.   Some strips of easy-peel masking tape made this very quick and simple.

I did think momentarily about buying the rather neat 3D-effect OE decals (red ones from the Lava Red bike) that are positioned on the front mini-fairing, just behind the turn-signals, but at an eye-watering $124 for a pair I figured it wasn’t quite that important!

http://i.imgur.com/JCpw66v.jpg

• Premium Member
Made mine legal by getting the tag from my old bike transferred over. Last weekend, did the 600 mile oil change and bf installed sliders. Should have my radiator guard next week and will get that installed soon. Other than that, adding miles every chance I get.

After a decent ride last weekend in a deluge of bad weather, I finally washed the bike today.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

I had PR4's spooned on at 4,000 miles.  A fantastic difference.  I didn't realize how much of a flat spot had formed on the Sport Max rear (Texas flatland living).  I look forward to seeing how these hold up.  I really enjoyed the wet grip of the PR3's on my previous back (F800ST).

• Premium Member
Got my required VA State Inspection done this morning, then warmed the up chain on a short ride & cleaned off the grime. After a liberal application of Bel-Ray lube I determined there was too much slack & adjusted that. Right as rain.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Put the side cases on....
Anyone know what the stickers are for???? :|

20160625_110325_zpsrh20cyo7.jpg

20160625_110250_zpsousn843y.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA