What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

14 hours ago, draco_1967 said:

I am planning on wrapping the grey panels in a pearl metallic white to match those front panels 😎

Nice!   It's a great white. My last bike, an MT07, was the Intensity White colorway: That same pearl white and red accents.  Beautiful. 

4 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I could say the EXACT same thing about you and how you come off.  So look in the mirror.  Facts are facts, subjective banter is just that.  Each to their own but life is what it is and it is never easy for most, and you need to get one. You were not sharing but prostletizing.

Dude. Do a quick search for “engineer” on this forum and see how many times you mention being one. 

Methinks Rovari isn’t the one proselytizing...

Edited by angrygirafe
  • Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Rovari said:

go eff yourself 2&3 eyeballs grumpy old fart! 

Thank you maybe I deserve that

Grumpy but a good generous family man and friend 

Old I've finely made it (50  Flying low on 2 wheels amazing I'm alive years)

Fart You should only know what my family knows 

When one gets old finding friends gets harder

3 hours ago, CJ3cyl said:

What are the part number(s) to ensure you're getting a black cowling?

To be honest, I don't remember off hand.  I just went into the local bike dealership, said I needed those off a particular bike.  The dealership can order specific colours, of course, because they need to be able to buy replacement parts if you break them.  I wasn't comfortable ordering them online because I couldn't find a site that sold them reliably differentiated by color here in Canada.  Whereas if they arrive and they're the wrong color, then that's the dealerships' problem not mine. 

• Thumbsup 1

I wasn't comfortable ordering them online because I couldn't find a site that sold them reliably differentiated by color here in Canada.

Yeah, same issue here in the US. I'll have to stop by my dealer.

I removed the big-ass square lights I initially installed on the Tracer - they are way overkill, and the big lights really need to be mounted on the new rally bike - that's the bike that sees most of the night riding in the desert.

StraitAtYou.thumb.JPG.aab937e5060efc8f17d817f1cf7e812d.JPG

In their place, I mounted a set of old-school 1st-generation LED lamps, only 2" in diameter but still puts out some decent light - and these aren't as obtrusive:

SmallerLEDs.thumb.jpg.c0be7ce48e4cb53fea4c981ef3160c0f.jpg

To power these lamps (and several other electro-goodies), I installed the FZ-1 Fuseblock so I can start laying down circuits:

FZ1_installed.thumb.jpg.64fe85c9b351fa76803f15b6d5a00d06.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

Installed my Aliexpress kickstand foot - 

$8 seemed pretty reasonable.  I kind of like how the bike stands up a little straighter on it than it did before, but mostly I'm looking forward to fewer melty holes in pavement in the summer, and ice in the winter, and dirt all the time. 

Really cheap and simple farkle, but whatever.  Does the job. 

14 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Looks like we lost member Rovari 

Very unfortunate, and completely unnecessary. In my brief time here, I have found this forum to be not only very informative,  it seems to have a refreshing low amount of the drama/sniping typically found on bike forums where many Type 'A' personalities abound. Pity.

• Thumbsup 4

30 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Looks like we lost member Rovari after the bickering that went on in this thread. Sorry to see him gone, he was a good resource. 

It’s always a shame to lose a forum member, but it was his choice to leave.

Moderators try to keep a level playing field and I hope people think we get it right most of the time. Luckily, the vast majority of people on this forum keep it civil.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 2

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, BBB said:

Moderators try to keep a level playing field and I hope people think we get it right most of the time. Luckily, the vast majority of people on this forum keep it civil.

It’s a thankless job usually, but know that I REALLY do appreciate all you guys do to keep the lights on around here.  

In your honor, I’m stripping the bike down to (finally) install the steel brake lines and AIS block off plates.   

3C290942-54D6-43AD-9596-632DCC0EE5B0.thumb.jpeg.a1da9e80fdad074339522978d68756a1.jpeg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member
13 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

Man, I kind of want AIS blockoff plates purely so I can get rid of that stupid AIS module and make plug changes way easier.

Same here.  When I have had the bike in to the dealer for valve checks the mechanic asked me why I still have the AIS installed, saying its much easier access with out all of that plumbing in the way.  But its riding season finally, I'll worry about that this coming Winter.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***