What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

W00t! Today I got back my bodywork from my painter - now for the tedious re-install job. Also still waiting for the 3-D chrome "Tracer" emblems from Yamaha. The original ones get destroyed when removing them for painting.

doneUninstalled.thumb.jpg.0d0c3bf3c3f0e4c7c8a392ac2a61da50.jpg

I had him do the windscreen at the same time - won't bother posting that, due to the angst that windshield discussions always produce. 😃  Might be a good candidate to post on the FB groups, though.... they love pointless  arguments like that.  🙄

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Warchild said:

I had him do the windscreen at the same time - won't bother posting that, due to the angst that windshield discussions always produce. 😃  Might be a good candidate to post on the FB groups, though.... they love pointless  arguments like that.  🙄

Too bad you didn't get a matching beak.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, draco_1967 said:

That looks great! Now just get rid of those pumpkin turn signals 😄

Got a set of Rizoma turn signals inbound, but that are destined for the rear of the bike.  Really leaning towards leaving the pumpkins on front. Yes, the pumpkins are gnarley and definitely look dated, but they do seem to work well for conspicuity - and we have a lot of brain-dead cagers around here; I need every advantage riding amongst them.  😕 

• Thumbsup 3

5 hours ago, NormR said:

Very nice Warchild! You should black out the fork legs to get the complete look 👍🏻

I wouldn't. That touch of gold has never looked as classy as this. It makes the black even deeper.

• Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, NormR said:

Very nice Warchild! You should black out the fork legs to get the complete look 👍🏻

OR... even out the gold on the rear with OHLINS.  Just sayin' 😎

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

11 hours ago, Warchild said:

All reassembled... looks like a Night Train! (Guns-n-Roses reference)  😆

FINISHED_side1.thumb.jpg.9546fc90e57c7527492648e8dcaaf1d8.jpg

Every 2020 Tracer I see is the same orangy-metallic paint; I like this dark theme much better.   🔥   🔥   🔥 

And check out how the aux lamps look in this quarter-front shot, all tucked away nice and tidy. This project came out better than expected:

FINISHED_qtr1.thumb.jpg.ca5ac00c6272368acec5f4537e54840b.jpg

I am not quite done with the cosmetics here, but I am definitely done for now - it's time to ride! Got a 500-mile trip tomorrow over White Pass, WA.  HWY 12 is an awesome ride when there are no rockslides closing the highway. 👍

I like it. I wouldn't even put the Tracer name back on.

I like my gray and black 2015. After so many black bikes in the past I kind of wish I'd found a red 15 used though.

• Like 2