What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

2 hours ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

Installed new HeliBars. Will try tomorrow. 

1165B7E5-6B44-4490-8F90-F3E256D2B539.jpeg

Looking at your pic, what IS the exact center of Rizoma bars? I have them too and still wonder if I have them centered left to right.

• Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

Here’s another pic

B92C32B4-E7BC-4701-91EC-8884BAFC1BA1.jpeg

Here's my MA009.  I think the entire logo is centered along with the hash marks. That makes that line not the middle. IMHO.

20210419_071203.jpg

• Thanks 1

I diminutized my tail.  Not sure why I started this project, but I'm actually pretty happy with the results.  Probably should have spit shined it before taking this vanity picture though.  I have some process pictures and can write up an explainer if anyone wants.  Etiquette question, should I do it here or start a new thread?1597338411_IMG_1086r.thumb.jpg.405fc76f87808177a7d740e2f322a7f5.jpg

Edited by Jfundo
  • Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Waldo Jeffers said:

MA006

I think I compared the 006 & 009 to several other bends by Pro Taper, Spiegler, Flanders & Renthal and finally selected the latter's Street Naked offering. But am reconsidering going a bit lower if I can achieve more sweep for my wrists.

• Thumbsup 1

50 minutes ago, Jfundo said:

I diminutized my tail.  Not sure why I started this project, but I'm actually pretty happy with the results.  Probably should have spit shined it before taking this vanity picture though.  I have some process pictures and can write up an explainer if anyone wants.  Etiquette question, should I do it here or start a new thread?1597338411_IMG_1086r.thumb.jpg.405fc76f87808177a7d740e2f322a7f5.jpg

You can always do a how to in that section. 

• Supporting Member
20 minutes ago, Wintersdark said:

I'd be very interested one myself, @Jfundo.  I've never bothered to get a tail tidy for my Tracer, but I'd really love to shorten the existing tail.

If you carry side bags the turn signals might get lost behind them with a shorter tail?

41 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

If you carry side bags the turn signals might get lost behind them with a shorter tail?

I've got the stock hardcases, but there's a lot of room for them to come inwards.  Franking, I'm fine with them being in between the hardcases anyways - still very visible from anywhere remotely to the rear, and the front indicators are VERY visible from the sides of the bike.  It's just a matter of them physically fitting there.

Not really any different than bikes with rear-facing LED signals, after all, or tail light based turn signals.