What did you do to your FJ-tracer-gt today?

After doing some biweekly mods on my '22 Tracer 9 GT with the latest on adding some aux lights to the crash bars, took a solo trip from Seattle down to Canyon road (Ellensburg/Yakima), Glenwood and finally Rowena Crest viewpoint in OR. 

1526161066_Auxleft(Large).thumb.jpg.523538fae6382f66b52b48e0bff1b546.jpg304762401_RowenaT9GT(Large).thumb.jpg.11e23aa60ea75871b25fe73686c17f85.jpg911091244_RowenaCrestViewpoint(Large).thumb.jpg.330b83aa632e2aeb9a55ad9da9e65735.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, robzilla said:

took a solo trip from Seattle down to Canyon road (Ellensburg/Yakima), Glenwood and finally Rowena Crest viewpoint in OR. 

I was just in that area last week, (Glenwood, Klickitat, Rowena, Columbia River Gorge). This great Fall weather makes for some amazing riding down there. 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, Clegg78 said:

So this is something I want to get into... I do all my own work on everything on the bike (everything that I've had dealer(s) do, including mounting tires, has been done wrong in some way...)  Been eyeing up a tire mounting station.     You mentioned you used stick on weights, you thought about beads?  I had them on a tire change from a local guy  (who closed up shop or I'd be going to him still) and I have to say they worked great. 

I've never tried the balancing beads.  I've used the stick-on weights on a few bikes & never lost one yet.  I first clean the spots really well & try to put them on in strips rather than singles, with about half on one side & half on the other.  I used to balance with the axle setup between jack stands & that worked pretty good.  I noticed there's a center rib on the wheels that would work with clip-on weights, but I never tried those.

35 minutes ago, betoney said:

I was just in that area last week, (Glenwood, Klickitat, Rowena, Columbia River Gorge). This great Fall weather makes for some amazing riding down there. 👍🏻

Totally agree, this time of the season is fantastic for riding, almost a hidden jewel which I was reluctant to share the areas! ;)  Hopefully we're lucky to get a few more weekends of nice weather as we're planning a trip to central OR (Bend, John Day, Sunriver).

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, robzilla said:

Totally agree, this time of the season is fantastic for riding, almost a hidden jewel which I was reluctant to share the areas! ;)  Hopefully we're lucky to get a few more weekends of nice weather as we're planning a trip to central OR (Bend, John Day, Sunriver).

Yes, enjoy the weather as long as you can.
On Thursday I am planning an overnight trip to John Day via Hood River and Maupin and returning on 395 through Pendleton. 

Extending the riding season with heated chaps & vest. 

I got the vest in spring, but blew out the 2A fuse by connecting to the left plug.  After that I used the direct battery connect cable with 15A fuse that came with the vest.  I routed & attached the cable to the left frame tube below the seat.  I was first using the vest with a coiled cable & on-off switch.  The vest would get too hot, so I kept having to turn it off, then on.  This was too fiddly for my liking.  I added heated chaps & a dual channel thermostat controller.  This setup is very comfortable down to 8° C with the grip heaters at max. 

I love that autumn riding, no bug smears, clear skies & great fall leaves.

I have decided to trade in my 900 GT for another bike. I feel bitter sweet, sad that the Tracer is going, but excited for its replacement.

It has been a fantastic bike and never let me down. I will miss most of it, but not the menu selector wheel, that thing deserves a special place in Hell.

I will have a few things for sale as soon as I get organised (MRA Vario Screem, Puig short screen, stock seats and an ABBA Skylift).

Although I have not contributed very much at all to this forum, it is an excellent source of Tracer knowledge. 

Take care all.

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Travster said:

I have decided to trade in my 900 GT for another bike....

Inquiring minds want to know, what will replace the Tracer?

14 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Inquiring minds want to know, what will replace the Tracer?

I'm getting a Triumph Tiger 1200 GT Explorer. I had a GT Pro loan bike when my Tracer was in for service and loved it.

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
On 10/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, betoney said:

Yes, enjoy the weather as long as you can.
On Thursday I am planning an overnight trip to John Day via Hood River and Maupin and returning on 395 through Pendleton. 

Change of plans. With summer weather holding on longer than expected, I decided to take a vacation day and went on a quick 3 day trip to California.
I went through Klamath Falls, Oregon to Mt Shasta and Yreka the first day and then from Yreka to Weaverville on CA3 (absolutely amazing twistiest on Scott Mountain) and then took CA36 out to Fortuna on the coast.  Continued up the coast to Grants Pass for the 2nd night.  So much great riding in California 👍🏻

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Yep unbelievable and impossible to hit every road in California

have you ever tried San Diego County?  Fantastic area

I'm stuck in a rut went up to Wisconsin again cool down lost the sun but as we all say any ride is a good ride usually

Of course while having lunch at least a little shower came through that'll mess up the twisties I was gonna hit

Is oh well

• Supporting Member
16 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Of course while having lunch at least a little shower came through that'll mess up the twisties I was gonna hit

That's the beauty of the Niken, showers just call her name 😁

• Premium Member

That's part of the fun on 2 wheels

I always carry a microfibre towel to wipe it off when it makes sense

Coincidentally for the good I put on my GV burn door screen last night

Keeps off  A lot of the rain and in these cooler temps I don't have to turn up my heated grip or jacket liner as much

20221009_155503.jpg

20221008_184521.jpg

• Thumbsup 1