FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, betoney said:

This summit is 4500' and there are several higher summits in Washington, I live at sea level and ride the passes regularly when they are free of show and don't notice a loss in power.  I have ridden Lizard Head Pass at just over 10k, Beartooth Pass at almost 11k and Red Mountain Pass at over 11k and the bike worked great, a little down on power when overtaking a slower vehicle on a long grade, often requiring downshifting 2 gears but in those conditions the +2 tooth rear sprocket really helps.

Thanks, I went up 2 in the rear as well; great minds think alike.  But I also dropped to a 520 chain.  Over at least 4 chains including my VTR, which has about +10 #', chain life has been fairly close to OEM sizes...

Snow amounts at 4500 and 10,000?

You see my response to you regarding the Hit-Air?

• Supporting Member
2 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Thanks, I went up 2 in the rear as well; great minds think alike.

Snow amounts at 4500 and 10,000?

You see my response to you regarding the Hit-Air?

Bret - yes, I looked through all of the photos you posted on the Hit-Air and I like what I am seeing.  It reminds me of my old Navy "Float Coat" we used to wear when working on the flight deck of aircraft carriers, except those were self activated and had a salt water activated dye pack. 

How did you find sizing accuracy?  Obviously they take into account it is worn over a jacket but like any clothing or footwear, sizing can vary between manufacturers.  I have many pair of gloves ranging from L to XXL and some of the XXL are very snug.

As far as snow accumulation, Mt Baker ski resort (detailed below) is in the Northern Region up near the Canadian Border, the rest of the passes probably get half of that amount.  Over half of the mountain pass highways are closed for over half of the year until they can be cleared.  Once cleared, any road up to a ski resort make the best motorcycling roads, twisty, steep and scenic .

1. Mount Baker (Washington), USA

Resort height:

1115m

Slopes:

1115-1540m

Pistes:

1000 acres

Mount Baker ski area, Washington, USA - Top 10 snowiest ski resorts, North America

With an annual snowfall average of around 16.5m, Mount Baker is the snowiest ski resort in North America, if not the world!

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

16 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Still frozen? Brrrr

May get out tomorrow,  meet up in Burlington or East Troy for lunch?

Possibly. I asked Cheryl if she wanted to get out tomorrow so I'll need to see what she wants to do first seeing as I asked her. I should know by day's end. 

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, betoney said:

Bret - yes, I looked through all of the photos you posted on the Hit-Air and I like what I am seeing.  It reminds me of my old Navy "Float Coat" we used to wear when working on the flight deck of aircraft carriers, except those were self activated and had a salt water activated dye pack. 

How did you find sizing accuracy?  Obviously they take into account it is worn over a jacket but like any clothing or footwear, sizing can vary between manufacturers.  I have many pair of gloves ranging from L to XXL and some of the XXL are very snug.

As far as snow accumulation, Mt Baker ski resort (detailed below) is in the Northern Region up near the Canadian Border, the rest of the passes probably get half of that amount.  Over half of the mountain pass highways are closed for over half of the year until they can be cleared.  Once cleared, any road up to a ski resort make the best motorcycling roads, twisty, steep and scenic .

1. Mount Baker (Washington), USA

Resort height:

1115m

Slopes:

1115-1540m

Pistes:

1000 acres

Mount Baker ski area, Washington, USA - Top 10 snowiest ski resorts, North America

With an annual snowfall average of around 16.5m, Mount Baker is the snowiest ski resort in North America, if not the world!

I have a terrible time finding gloves too being an sixe 11 due to huge palms/back hand/knuckles but with correspondingly shorter fingers. 

The Large size vest I got is adjustable and easily accommodated my XL+ girth at 6' - 1.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, nevada72 said:

Possibly. I asked Cheryl if she wanted to get out tomorrow so I'll need to see what she wants to do first seeing as I asked her. I should know by day's end. 

LMK thx

I thought you were north not west of Beertown?

• Premium Member

Gorgeous country and bike...

I may get to ride tomorrow in our "twisties", a left, right, left series of sweepers every few miles with maybe 45 foot elevation changs, with a hairpin maybe every 30 miles.

Sigh...

• Haha 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I may get to ride tomorrow in our "twisties", a left, right, left series of sweepers every few miles with maybe 45 foot elevation changs, with a hairpin maybe every 30 miles.

Sigh...

Though maybe not the most ideal riding, be thankful that you CAN ride!  👍

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Sigh...

You still have more curves than I have I bet.  

• Premium Member

Ever let someone  ride your bike for a few days and then  they  went  back home to Germany and  bought one? Me too!  Nice bike. 

• Thumbsup 1

What a nice first day of spring 2021 here in Ontario. 12-14C. Sunny all day long and another 300km. 2000 so far this year and counting.image.thumb.jpeg.8872c92b4dc18688ad1bba81585a837d.jpeg

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 3