FJ-09 Photo Thread

10 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Why was that the FIRST thing he did, kill the pipeline???  Must be putting $$$$$ in his pockets through the Saudi's.

As much as I would like to blame Biden, I know there's another reason gas prices went up. Yup.....I sold my hybrid and bought a pickup truck. Sure enough, within a month prices started to climb. You all have my apologies.

Oh, and a pic. From a group ride I did with the local sport bike crew. It was a memorial ride for a fallen member. 

WMGR Ride.jpg

• Thumbsup 2
  • Haha 1

• Supporting Member

I had a small window of dry weather for a ride this morning before the rains returned... actually the forecast showed dry until 2pm, they must have meant Eastern time as I was caught in the rain by 11am, just minutes after this photo was taken.

image.thumb.png.5bba28e9d67d00e9de8fd463b8d5419a.png

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

What is Biden have to do with the higher gas prices based on what I've read it's due to the storms in Texas and the profiteers increaing the price of oil in the Middle East

Not a GD thing, but some people are blaming him anyway. 

(Most that have taken the time to research why have found out about the Texas storm part, and the price of a barrel of oil has gone up, and also due to people gradually buying more fuel as we come out of our COVID-19 isolation and drive more again.)

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, nevada72 said:

As much as I would like to blame Biden, I know there's another reason gas prices went up. Yup.....I sold my hybrid and bought a pickup truck. Sure enough, within a month prices started to climb. You all have my apologies.

Oh, and a pic. From a group ride I did with the local sport bike crew. It was a memorial ride for a fallen member. 

WMGR Ride.jpg

Social distancing of course 

When did you put a can on?

Or I forgot 

• Supporting Member
On 2/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

I've considered a shock sock but am concerned if it does get wet underneath of it it could be worse than not having one at all. My  Hugger extension does a pretty good job of keeping Spray off me and the shock though

I bought both. The extender from Pyramid and the sock from Traxxion. Not a fan of 2-way tape on the extender, but I think I can fix that with rivets. We shall see what good these do.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member

Beautiful out today. Took a spin up to Idaho City after work. Good to get out without heated gear and not worry about icy roads. 

20210305_135204.jpg

20210305_135240 (1).jpg

20210305_135329.jpg

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not far as the crow flies but beautiful

It took a hard day in a stage of saddle to get there in 1864!

I'm sure you made it a lot faster with a better saddle

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=distance+from+boise+to+idaho+city&atb=v242-1&ia=web&iaxm=directions&start=what%3ABoise%2C%20ID%2C%20United%20States&end=what%3AIdaho%20City%2C%20ID%2C%20United%20States&transport=drive

• Supporting Member

Weather was too good yesterday so had to do a short ~200kms road trip into the hills near where I call home.

Stopped for a light snack and coffee at a little place called Witta.  The outlook on the veranda overlooks the type of hills that are all along the ride path. I'm a happy chappie. 😁

20210305_124447.thumb.jpg.6fc4b2565c6f75f95c58baaa2ed74be5.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

8 hours ago, Rovari said:

I will be heading here on Monday or Tuesday for my maiden voyage. Did they have the parking lot open? last time I went up they had everything blocked off and signs up and down the road saying no stopping or parking.

Yes, as you can see, it is open. Store was closed even that the sign there was saying that it will be open on 3rd. I guess it will be reopen this coming Monday. Next week looks very promising...Perhaps I won’t be able to go out for a ride on Monday but definitely Tuesday and Wednesday (13C!). Maybe Thursday as well.

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
16 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Not far as the crow flies but beautiful

It took a hard day in a stage of saddle to get there in 1864!

I'm sure you made it a lot faster with a better saddle

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=distance+from+boise+to+idaho+city&atb=v242-1&ia=web&iaxm=directions&start=what%3ABoise%2C%20ID%2C%20United%20States&end=what%3AIdaho%20City%2C%20ID%2C%20United%20States&transport=drive

I'm a transplant here. A coworker says there was a lot of mining in the area back in the day. Idaho City still looks like an old western town. Dirt streets, wooden sidewalks and old western style storefronts. Also, a lot of people are packing. 

On the google map attachment you can see a popular ride here called "the loop". Keep heading north to Lowman, head over to Garden Valley and back down to Boise or wherever you started from. No loop yesterday. Elevation climbs to 6k on the way to Lowman. Roads are icy in places and sketchy. Rode it last year when we first moved here. Puckered me up a bit.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Out for my first ride of '21. Upper 30s/lower 40s with beautiful clear skies. Glad I have heated grips, gloves and liner!

Picture is from a hilltop on the west side of Chillicothe, Oh, overlooking Main street.  This will look so much better when everything greens up!

Felt so good to be out on two wheels, it's been a long winter....

20210306_143016.jpg

• Thumbsup 7

• Premium Member

6 hours ago, sirepair said:

Picture is from a hilltop on the west side of Chillicothe, Oh, overlooking Main street.  This will look so much better when everything greens up!

I love those roads up above the old towns looking down in western PA, WV, and eastern OH. 

• Thumbsup 1