FJ-09 Photo Thread

31 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

We've been having a warm snap, low 40s but mid 40s this weekend.  The snow and ice is slowly receding but there's still 1.5 feet in the yards; maybe a bit less.

I wish I still had my VF500F rat bike so I could ride but there's still a ton of salt on the roads which usually does not wash away until May... 😞 

Yeah there were some real dark clouds up near me too. Still lots of sand on the roads up here too. 

• Supporting Member

Sorry to read how many of you are suffering with all the cold, snowy, rainy ride reports.  Don't want to sound like a smart ar$e but have had great riding weather here - maybe even a little on the hot side at ~ 32C 90F.

I found a little old homestead style pub after a lovely ride through sub-tropical bushland.

20210226_113020.thumb.jpg.261f653784465cb9357627b6c733acad.jpg

20210226_112829.thumb.jpg.fb795cf5d55e4ea8e2cdef074c225c44.jpg

20210226_113101.thumb.jpg.14a12f0c48dcacc47f8e8ce6b5310eb4.jpg

Even found one of these inside the pub - on a battery tender of course. 😉

20210226_113923.thumb.jpg.b0274b89643f4fcc0604ade976ed92c5.jpg

After that, rode to my favourite watering hole which is usually a very popular spot only to find I was the only one there!  Maybe they got word I was coming?  Hmmmmm.

That's my bike in the distance, all alone in the normally full carpark!

20210225_143816.thumb.jpg.7782f8a8db9f77ae5d5a6670873903e1.jpg

20210225_143634.thumb.jpg.b6ee47150a083c806088b8109b552ae0.jpg

Anyway, your summer is on the way so not long to wait 'til the fun returns 🙂 👍

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Interesting.  Love to get down under including, especially to NZ. Don't you have mask rules? Everywhere here they're required.  I'm getting my second Pfizer vaccine shot on the 3rd, being elderly and all.  It's been hard for many here to get hooked up.  Many not yet eligible have wrangled a shot, the selfish SOB.

Spring is a long ways off still here.  And I need to get my back fixed soon so I'm recovered when it gets here!

In the meantime I've got maintenance to do on two, and an engine to assemble and restoration to complete on my 3rd (77 RD400). Long gone are the days of 6 or 7 bikes along with a couple of side hacks...  No room, time or shekels for that after the 3rd kid but they left the nest years ago too..

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Spring is a long ways off still here.  And I need to get my back fixed soon so I'm recovered when it gets here!

Brett, do you have a date for your surgery yet? 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

Brett, do you have a date for your surgery yet? 

Thanks for asking. I've been busy with work trying to get some projects out of the way and on Monday am starting a major project that will probably run for 3 weeks, so I want to schedule it for after that. I've also for 2 years been trying to get a less expensive life insurance policy, which was shut down due to the pandemic, the Underwriters not wanting to write policies until now that the vaccine is available. I can't have a surgery scheduled even if it's elective until I get a decent policy.  Hopefully that will happen very shortly.   Once you hit 65, obtaining a reasonable life insurance premium is very challenging, so lock into one before that age of possible.

By the way when T is sufficient and two Ts are redundant in my 1st name.  LOL

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, 2and3cylinders said:

By the way when T is sufficient and two Ts are redundant in my 1st name. 

Odd:  I always thought that two Ts were sufficient, and one T was sadly lacking...  :)

-Scott

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Odd:  I always thought that two Ts were sufficient, and one T was sadly lacking...  :)

-Scott

How could the duplication NOT be extraneous when the sound does not differ!?

Like Glenn, Matt, Rhett (never understood the need for the h there), even Bill...

Brad has only 1 d, there's no Samm, Pamm, etc...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
31 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

How could the duplication NOT be extraneous when the sound does not differ!?

You didn’t grow up with a southern mother!   When Mom was mad at me, my name became a two syllable word, with the second T clearly articulated...  :D 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

You didn’t grow up with a southern mother!   When Mom was mad at me, my name became a two syllable word, with the second T clearly articulated...  :D 

Oh yes I did!  I'm not proud to say but the KKK began where I was born.  She not only yelled but also threw whatever was at hand in my general direction if I was beyond broom handle length!  So both my name and body were abused.  But she emphasized the first 2 letters of my name, the latter 2 just kind of trailed off.  When I was in the woods behind the house (we lived on a dead-end dirt rural route with a partyline), she'd shriek so loud I could hear her a mile off...

My wife of 40+ is a southern belle but 100% opposite of my ma, which worked out just fine for me and the kids...

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Don't you have mask rules? Everywhere here they're required.

Some areas have mask rules in place but where I live (Queensland) there is currently no mandatory need as the infection rate has been hovering around zero local COVID cases recorded for some time.

I have to say that we've been, thus far, fortunate in Aus. with this nightmare called COVID.  However, there has been a disciplined approach to it.  At the slightest hint of an outbreak the authorities go into a lockdown period, which is usually less than a week (three to five days), to get a handle on any chance of spreading.

Doesn't please a lot of people but the infection rate and death toll has been minimised and that approach seems to be effective at keeping a lid on things.

Good luck with the surgery.  Doesn't sound like much fun. 😞

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
46 minutes ago, dazzler24 said:

Some areas have mask rules in place but where I live (Queensland) there is currently no mandatory need as the infection rate has been hovering around zero local COVID cases recorded for some time.

I have to say that we've been, thus far, fortunate in Aus. with this nightmare called COVID.  However, there has been a disciplined approach to it.  At the slightest hint of an outbreak the authorities go into a lockdown period, which is usually less than a week (three to five days), to get a handle on any chance of spreading.

Doesn't please a lot of people but the infection rate and death toll has been minimised and that approach seems to be effective at keeping a lid on things.

Good luck with the surgery.  Doesn't sound like much fun. 😞

Thanks!  Hey, I'm ready for it, it can't be worse than what I've lived through for the last 4 years, and likely will me a mechiah.

This pandemic brings to mind two movies, one about Armageddon relates directly to Australia, and the other miraculous salvation.  I actually and clearly remember when the first came out, as I lived through the Cold War which was a huge deal here.  I was in high school when the 2nd movie came out, and it had a profound impact on me.  We had monthly air raid drills in school during the early 60s.  They had us bussed kids walk home with a card that showed when we left and a parent was supposed to be home when we got there to note when we arrived.  They didn't want to have to deal with us after all the buttons were pushed.  We always thought hiding under our desks or lining up in the inner corridors was such a joke.  We joked it would be better to just roll up and kiss our asses goodbye.  The Doomsday Clock is closer to midnight than ever...

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

Winter theme continues... took the bike out on a short 2h reconnaissance ride to survey road conditions around the countryside a bit, and to tweak the suspension. Turned out to be a gorgeous sunny 7C afternoon (morning was miserable). Still quite a bit of sand on back roads, but ice and snow are gone off the pavement for now. Winter is probably not done with us just yet, but this was a great teaser.

20210227_145818.thumb.jpg.de09389f81412d4a63e49c171a23249f.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Supporting Member
12 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Turned out to be a gorgeous sunny 7C afternoon

I still get confused with C and F, and what’s relatively warm or cold.  Fortunately, I found this simple reference diagram: 

48B6CD2F-1C14-499D-A93B-81FD6CAD64C2.jpeg.cec356d569d6ca818f71ec852fdbe1d6.jpeg

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4