FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
15 minutes ago, betoney said:

No high speed shenanigans or deep lean angles

See?  I was right!   :D 

The weather over the next 10 days looks pretty good here, so I’m just postponing a bit until after Christmas.   If this were my only day available, I would already be bundled up and out riding.   

Enjoy your holiday!

• Like 1

• Supporting Member
44 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

‘freezing fog’ does not sound the beginning of a great day of riding.

38 minutes ago, betoney said:

No high speed shenanigans or deep lean angles

20 minutes ago, texscottyd said:

Under normal circumstances I would say "if you are going to do it, - do it right" (high speed shenanigans/ deep lean angles) but this time of year, I take what I can get...

Have a great holiday

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

47 minutes ago, nevada72 said:

I got about 100 miles in yesterday - 55 degrees. Today it's 15 degrees. I think I'll leave the bike parked today.

Similiar story here. I rode around yesterday in the mid 50's, very nice. Today it's freezing and snowing. Not like you northerns get, but enough to make driving interesting. 

• Thumbsup 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

The weather over the next 10 days looks pretty good here, so I’m just postponing a bit until after Christmas.   If this were my only day available, I would already be bundled up and out riding.   

Enjoy your holiday!

1 hour ago, nevada72 said:

I got about 100 miles in yesterday - 55 degrees. Today it's 15 degrees. I think I'll leave the bike parked today.

48 minutes ago, koth442 said:

Similiar story here. I rode around yesterday in the mid 50's, very nice. Today it's freezing and snowing. Not like you northerns get, but enough to make driving interesting. 

I bundled up and braved the elements for a bit over 3 hours today, I rode some deserted twisty rural farm-land roads in the middle of nowhere.  Out in the sunshine it was wonderful, in the wooded areas though the temps dropped quickly.

image.thumb.png.0d624288af03116b1a2328629c446921.png

• Thumbsup 1

1 minute ago, betoney said:

I bundled up and braved the elements for a bit over 3 hours today, I rode some deserted twisty rural farm-land roads in the middle of nowhere.  Out in the sunshine it was wonderful, in the wooded areas though the temps dropped quickly.

image.thumb.png.0d624288af03116b1a2328629c446921.png

Wow! You have some miles on that bike! Bravo!

And nice work on the brisk ride. I've been blessed to be able to get out at least once each month of the year as long as I can remember. I have no doubt there's a few 30 degree rides in my future coming up in January. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I'll add that a nice, new pair of Gerbings G4s have replaced my old G3s. Quite a difference!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
23 minutes ago, nevada72 said:

I have no doubt there's a few 30 degree rides in my future coming up in January. Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I'll add that a nice, new pair of Gerbings G4s have replaced my old G3s. Quite a difference!

Nothing beats heated gear!  I have a heated vest as well as heated grips and wind deflecting hand guards, the cold temperatures weren't an issue at all today.  👍

• Thumbsup 2

Went for an Xmas day ride - first dry day in 3 weeks.

After severe flooding the roads were pretty insane. 2 impassable, still deep flooding; loads more where the hills and fields had been washed into the road.

Still enjoyed it though. The Niken was flawless even on icy roads on the plateaus where grip was at a premium.

20201225_140123.jpg

20201225_140510.jpg

• Thumbsup 6
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, betoney said:

@pilninggas - Nice photos, where were these taken?

Its good to hear that the Niken is sure-footed on icy roads.

That's Tintern Abbey and the bridge is across the River Wye at Brockweir (a couple of miles upstream from the Abbey). 

I rode further north and into England, but the conditions were crap so took no more photos.

Edited by pilninggas
  • Thumbsup 1

6 hours ago, pilninggas said:

Went for an Xmas day ride - first dry day in 3 weeks.

After severe flooding the roads were pretty insane. 2 impassable, still deep flooding; loads more where the hills and fields had been washed into the road.

Still enjoyed it though. The Niken was flawless even on icy roads on the plateaus where grip was at a premium.

20201225_140123.jpg

Your photo made me go into my archives and read the Wordsworth Poem.  Thanks for the inspiration and best of the season to you.

• Thumbsup 2
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

• Premium Member
19 hours ago, nevada72 said:

Wow! You have some miles on that bike! Bravo!

And nice work on the brisk ride. I've been blessed to be able to get out at least once each month of the year as long as I can remember. I have no doubt there's a few 30 degree rides in my future coming up in January. Fingers crossed.

Your ortho issues are under control enough to ride again?

I'm likely done till May due to surgeries but give me a jingle and happy holidays.

• Thumbsup 1