FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member

After several weeks of torrential rains, we had a rare sunny afternoon.   Off to the countryside on some twisty roads, it was only 42-50F but it was dry - I'll take it.  😎

image.thumb.png.9cfe32dd4a5e2983578575f358b55253.png

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporting Member

Caught up for a coffee and carrot cake with the famous @wordsmith at Bribie Island.

He was showing off his sparkling new SP against my 'vintage' 2015 tracer. 🙂

Weather temperature and humidity perfect for an outing on the bikes.

Most enjoyable.

Wordsmith.thumb.jpg.afc1c444b75e8f0d38816a2764961653.jpg

• Thumbsup 8
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
22 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Caught up for a coffee and carrot cake with the famous @wordsmith at Bribie Island.

He was showing off his sparkling new SP against my 'vintage' 2015 tracer. 🙂

Weather temperature and humidity perfect for an outing on the bikes.

Most enjoyable.

Wordsmith.thumb.jpg.afc1c444b75e8f0d38816a2764961653.jpg

I just realized that for those of you down under where your toilets flush counterclockwise that you're just getting into the quote-unquote riding season

While here in the near Great White North the season had ended for most weeks ago but for me yesterday's ride may be the last until next season, if for only ice and salt make me put away my precious toys such as my vintage 15 and even more vintage 97 VTR and comparatively ancient 76 RD, which is also the fastest red

20201209_175124.jpg

20201206_175653.jpg

20201121_153620.jpg

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
29 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

I just realized that for those of you down under where your toilets flush counterclockwise that you're just getting into the quote-unquote riding season

While here in the near Great White North the season had ended for most weeks ago but for me yesterday's ride may be the last until next season, if for only ice and salt make me put away my precious toys such as my vintage 15 and even more vintage 97 VTR and comparatively ancient 76 RD, which is also the fastest red

I actually bought up that subject with wordy regarding the different riding conditions in the opposing hemispheres and noted that while you guys in the deep North were restricted by the white stuff and freezing conditions, we too can be hamstrung by high temps combined with high humidity that can limit our time on the road.  At the very least it can be very uncomfortable.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that we can't get out if wanting to.

Also, doesn't the Coriolis effect determine that it's clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere?  I know our Cyclones spin that way at least.  Covid has put us all in random spins for 2020 so it doesn't really matter I guess.

P.S. Here's another photo of the spakling new SP (and wordy) for your viewing pleasure... 🙂

Wordsmith1.thumb.jpg.06436132847284f1ef862ca4235fddec.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

naked niceness.  is he a skinny guy?

Whirlpool.jpg

Although the Coriolis effect is strong enough to influence the...

Did you know water bubbles when it starts to freeze, at least up here.  I have to clear 120 feet of drive just to GET to the street!  Since global warming has really taken hold our winters have been milder but the East Coast seems to get bigger snows more frequently.

It gets plenty warm here, and very humid; not like you get but you never get below 0F.

CGDT3JSJNZA5DPPYQGKJELOVZI.png

So far this year Chicago has recorded 15 days with a high...

20190220_152013.jpg

20190128_141325.jpg

20180209_110310.jpg

• Supporting Member
37 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

naked niceness.  is he a skinny guy?

I'm sure he won't mind me saying that yes, he is a 'slim' bloke.  If he were to answer I'd wager that he would say that he is the shape he is because you can't fatten a thoroughbred! 😉

Are you proposing to me, 2and3?   I am actually very skinny in all respects except that if I turn side-on anyone can see that I am eight months pregnant!   177cm and about 84kg fully-kitted.   Used to be a very keen distance-runner, not carrying any fat in those days - PB for the full 42.195km Marathon 3:08'37" at age 42.   In my racing prime I weighed 63kg and my ribs could be counted at fifty paces.

Could be called a beer-gut, except that I don't drink beer.  Maybe my associating with dazzler24 has something to do with it - fine fellow that he is - for he rather likes his carrot cake with soft icing (frosting) on top and a dollop of cream on the side!

Edited by wordsmith
  • Haha 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

Is it really necessary to carry a full socket set. ?  😉  

Ha. If you are referring to the item on wordy's carrier then that's no socket set!  He's a 'cash only' man and needs plenty of room to stack/store his hundred dollar bills into. 😉

Carrot cake & coffee is not cheap over here!

cash.jpg.d1d57959617d85567285a79c604a8d77.jpg

• Haha 3

• Supporting Member

50deg out today so I took a short ride up Montage Mountain after fitting some PowerBronze hand guards. May have to paint them to match the beak. Pic shows the replacement part next to the stock hand guard. Easy install. 

Nearly froze my digits off last week while riding in the low 30's wearing a pair of Alpinestars Andes Touring Gloves, which are touted as being windproof. Hoping the larger hand guards will help.

IMAG8398.jpg

IMAG8397.jpg

Hand Guards.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, wordsmith said:

Are you proposing to me, 2and3?   I am actually very skinny in all respects except that if I turn side-on anyone can see that I am eight months pregnant!   177cm and about 84kg fully-kitted.   Used to be a very keen distance-runner, not carrying any fat in those days - PB for the full 42.195km Marathon 3:08'37" at age 42.

Could be called a beer-gut, except that I don't drink beer.  Maybe my associating with dazzler24 has something to do with it - fine fellow that he is - for he rather likes his carrot cake with soft icing (frosting) on top and a dollop of cream on the side!

Huh, what, get your mind...

Just curious...acceleration and handling wise

I'm 185.4 cm and 99.8 dripping wet without ATGATT, so with gear, a top case and a bit larger than OEM screen, my fastest red 15 is not as quick and fast comparatively.

Instead of the typical midwest HD bar hopping, I have all the frozen custard places programmed.  Prolly is, after September most close for the winter.

I think I'm done for the season given the forecast and date...

Enjoy your season and keep the pics coming to make us feel bad...

• Thumbsup 2