FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Supporting Member
19 hours ago, Heli ATP said:

50deg out today so I took a short ride up Montage Mountain after fitting some PowerBronze hand guards. May have to paint them to match the beak.

Nearly froze my digits off last week while riding in the low 30's wearing a pair of Alpinestars Andes Touring Gloves, which are touted as being windproof. Hoping the larger hand guards will help.

IMAG8397.jpg

I whole-heartedly support painting the top spoiler section to match the bike color, I think it would look great.  I am a huge advocate in creatively modifying your bike to make it "uniquely yours". 

The combination of heated grips and a wind spoiler made a noticeable difference to me when riding on colder days.  I also just bought a pair of Alpinestars gloves with an advertised "windbreaker" layer on the back of the hand, I haven't ridden with them yet to verify their effectiveness.

• Thumbsup 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

3 hours ago, texscottyd said:

And once again, the Mille quietly asks me when I stopped loving it...  :( 

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

My VTR wonders the same thing...and has stopped asking

Yip! that must be  the real reason I only have one bike and not ten, I don't want nine of them feeling jealous. (must be the same with the women in my life)

• Haha 1

• Premium Member

I've had 10 bikes at once, 2 were also sidehacks, and the bickering never ends.  Battery Tender had a couple of siblings and they too complained why the got moved around and left on so much.  Some of the older brit bikes at least had no battery, just a magneto and dry cell in the tail I hooked up for rides.

I'm down to 3 and on the same wife for 40+...

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, texscottyd said:

An unexpectedly-nice day means I’m going riding!   And once again, the Mille quietly asks me when I stopped loving it...  :(

1501EA60-1FEA-468C-8A17-CF2DCD6F4C32.thumb.jpeg.20369fafae2084db4034b32437c99651.jpeg

2 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

My VTR wonders the same thing...and has stopped asking

20201206_175457.jpg

Oh, the motors in both of those bikes... that addictive growl.  😎👍

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, betoney said:

Oh, the motors in both of those bikes... that addictive growl.  😎👍

Ironically enough, I traded a VTR1000 to buy the Aprilia.   I love the way a big V-Twin makes power, as you surf along on a slow-revving wave of torque.   Oh, and the sounds are glorious!

• Thumbsup 1

12 hours ago, texscottyd said:

An unexpectedly-nice day means I’m going riding!   And once again, the Mille quietly asks me when I stopped loving it...  :( 

BA79448F-7970-4B3A-979C-A39C76D601CE.thumb.jpeg.cb5d32067d5109eb91cb09faa0186992.jpeg

1501EA60-1FEA-468C-8A17-CF2DCD6F4C32.thumb.jpeg.20369fafae2084db4034b32437c99651.jpeg

The Aprilia V2 hold a special place in my heart! Incredible bikes for what were designed and for the amount of money they can be bought!

Had a Caponord 1000, a Gen1 Tuono, a gen2 RSVR Factory that I tranformed into a Tuono and a Finally a gen1 Tuono again but with all the racing parts. I feel I going to get one again in the future!

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/20/2020 at 3:36 PM, texscottyd said:

I was going to go for it, but I kept hearing my friends (specifically in my oldest son’s calm voice) saying "The FJ isn't an ADV bike, dumbass..."

E020F6C0-29A9-4253-86EE-F3DF347ACBD7.thumb.jpeg.d7acb23b17ffb9764ef69b19680202be.jpeg

I was desperate after the inaugural  (2008) Indy Moto GP, which Rossi won when it was shortened due to microburst / tornado and rained 8 inches in 14 hours on my way back to Chicago on my VTR, and rode through flooded roads that were up to my knees when on the bike!

A normally 4 hour tour turned into the USS Minnow debacle and took me over 14 hours.  Every highway and significant biway flooded and closed.  It was a free for all, no cops were to be seen to at least try to reroute / direct traffic.  My Aerostitch leaked and I was soaked as the temps dropped into the low 40s, mind you it was early September, and I had hypothermia.  There was nowhere to stay overnight for days, and I65 took a week to reopen, so I did silly stupid stuff but got home!

If I knew then what I know now when I was younger (Rod Sterwart, Ooh La La)

LOL, younger, I was 55!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/20/2020 at 4:36 PM, texscottyd said:

I was going to go for it, but I kept hearing my friends (specifically in my oldest son’s calm voice) saying "The FJ isn't an ADV bike, dumbass..."

E020F6C0-29A9-4253-86EE-F3DF347ACBD7.thumb.jpeg.d7acb23b17ffb9764ef69b19680202be.jpeg

My R1150R wasn't an ADV bike either, but I could see the center line in the water so I went for it.  No one followed and I had to turn back.  😉

flood.jpeg

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise