FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dodgy Knees said:

I've just got this as my "alternative bike"  Not competing with the tracer and ticking different boxes.  The fun is off the scale.  Getting dirty down the muddy tracks is great fun.

20201220_160043.thumb.jpg.296bd1ce52a8da87c13302933bcd9acd.jpg

Dayum, I'm looking at doing something similar.  Seeing theres a couple of Honda and Kawi offerings coming real soon.  What model and year is yours?  Just trying to learn as much as I can. Thks

2 hours ago, mikerbiker said:

Dayum, I'm looking at doing something similar.  Seeing theres a couple of Honda and Kawi offerings coming real soon.  What model and year is yours?  Just trying to learn as much as I can. Thks

2019 crf 250L.  Light,  button start, hopefully reliable.  Something to play on during the winter months.  If I drop it, it dont matter.  The rally has more plastics and a screen,  maybe looks more adventure than the L.  I would have gone for either.  

I will also be doing the "green lanes" and there's plenty not too far away. Some are only rough tracks but as long as there open to all traffic,  it good to go  👍

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, Dodgy Knees said:

I've just got this as my "alternative bike"  Not competing with the tracer and ticking different boxes.  The fun is off the scale.  Getting dirty down the muddy tracks is great fun.

20201220_160043.thumb.jpg.296bd1ce52a8da87c13302933bcd9acd.jpg

I love it!   That should be a really entertaining woods bike. 

Curiously, every dirt bike I've ever owned eventually ends up with 17 inch wheels laced up on both ends, and sticky street rubber.  

• Thumbsup 2

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Curiously, every dirt bike I've ever owned eventually ends up with 17 inch wheels laced up on both ends, and sticky street rubber.

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one. 

• Like 1

'15 FJ09

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, 1moreroad said:

1 tank ride on the 2nd day of winter. Lucky that the temperature hit 68.

That's pretty brutal 'winter' riding weather...  😎

I rode for about 3 hours today and a few times it got up to 40F when I got out into open sunshine, the shady areas were in the 30's.  Brrr 🥶

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Premium Member
14 hours ago, betoney said:

I rode for about 3 hours today and a few times it got up to 40F when I got out into open sunshine, the shady areas were in the 30's.  Brrr 🥶

That describes our weather here today. Pedal bike only today. 

Planning a ride for Saturday. I'm hoping it stays above 40 for the whole ride. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Our high today may get up to about 15F, not including wind chill.  They salted in some towns and roads, so that's likely it until next year after I recover from my spinal fusion surgery; which depending on the effect on scheduling due to the inevitable Covid -19 infection spike after the holidays may not occur until the last week in January.

But at least the sun is out....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Supporting Member
57 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Our high today may get up to about 15F, not including wind chill.  They salted in some towns and roads, so that's likely it until next year after I recover from my spinal fusion surgery; which depending on the effect on scheduling due to the inevitable Covid -19 infection spike after the holidays may not occur until the last week in January.

But at least the sun is out....

26F and freezing fog this morning but forecast to be sunny when the fog burns off.  Our roads don't get salted so I hope to get a ride in later today before the rains return - with heated gear of course. 

image.thumb.png.b03f3e81d3f3aecd40dd574a5ea23d88.png

• Sad 3

• Supporting Member
1 minute ago, texscottyd said:

I dunno @betoney, but ‘freezing fog’ does not sound the beginning of a great day of riding.    It was a sunny 40 and windy this morning, and it took about 0.3 seconds for me to say ‘nope!’ to a ride.  

We had the same conditions yesterday, the fog burned off late morning and we ended up with bright sunshine, I was able to get out before noon for a 3 hour ride.  No high speed shenanigans or deep lean angles but a clear, sunny day (although cold), is a great day on the bike.

• Thumbsup 1