FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, piotrek said:

Winter theme continues... took the bike out on a short 2h reconnaissance ride to survey road conditions around the countryside a bit, and to tweak the suspension. Turned out to be a gorgeous sunny 7C afternoon (morning was miserable). Still quite a bit of sand on back roads, but ice and snow are gone off the pavement for now. Winter is probably not done with us just yet, but this was a great teaser.

20210227_145818.thumb.jpg.de09389f81412d4a63e49c171a23249f.jpg

Same question to you as Nevada "Bob" 72

LOL

• Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

How's your knee?

Road salt?!

Knee felt good yesterday. No issues. I was super comfortable on the bike. Felt like I could have gone all day.

We had a big thaw which had the roads covered in melted snow for a few days. Really sloppy driving but it diluted the salt somewhat. Then it snowed just a bit the night before and then quickly melted and the roads, more or less, dried up. So there were no piles of salt at the stop signs but I'm sure there's still some residual salt left. There were also puddles from continued melting so the bike needs a bath. As does the back of my jacket. I guess they have those ugly license plate holders on there for a reason. 🤪

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member

Don't wait too long to give it a nice bath, as corrosion never sleeps!  Then lube the chain, treat and wax everything, etc and keep it warm, and read it a bedtime story under it's blanky.

I installed (drilled and bolted on with DS tape) the Pyramid CF hugger extension and sealed the gaps between the OEM hugger and swingarm, and it works real well to keep me and the bike (and shock) pretty dry.

s-l400.jpg

FJ09 Carbon Fibre Fender Extender. Don't confuse this with the cheap...

Not a bad price still but a bit more than I paid A few years ago.  Worth it along with a front Fenda Extenda (see same above link), and one of my first, immediate mods on every bike!

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Same question to you as Nevada "Bob" 72

We had a good dumping of rain overnight before the ride, but I am sure there's still salt on the road. Wiped the chain clean with an oily rug, cleaned the fork stanchions and the shock shaft, and the rotors... that's it for now. Shock sock is looking like a good thing to get.

I'll be taking it out again on Wednesday (calling for 9C and sunny), so the bike will just have to be filthy until it gets warmer. Much of it comes apart every winter for maintenance. I don't find rust to be an issue.

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, piotrek said:

We had a good dumping of rain overnight before the ride, but I am sure there's still salt on the road. Wiped the chain clean with an oily rug, cleaned the fork stanchions and the shock shaft, and the rotors... that's it for now. Shock sock is looking like a good thing to get.

I'll be taking it out again on Wednesday (calling for 9C and sunny), so the bike will just have to be filthy until it gets warmer. Much of it comes apart every winter for maintenance. I don't find rust to be an issue.

I've considered a shock sock but am concerned if it does get wet underneath of it it could be worse than not having one at all. My  Hugger extension does a pretty good job of keeping Spray off me and the shock though

• Thumbsup 1

Did the same yesterday. The same 7C and sunny but only 3C and sky covered with clouds on the way back. Nevertheless nice 170 km ride. image.thumb.png.d8868d663f3766dc927e2bfbde7948a0.png

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1

9 hours ago, piotrek said:

Planning to do the same this coming Wednesday😀

22 minutes ago, Rovari said:

I am still soldering and heat shrinking! Although in Ontario we are expecting 8 degrees (46F) tomorrow! (Halifax as well?)  Spring is coming and I hear the eastern part of US and Canada are having milder temps for March!  

And I’m planning to go out tomorrow...

• Thumbsup 2

Just got back, saw a high of 59F on dash👍 Still a LOT of anti skid on the roads, got to practice my ABS stops and TCS take offs. Stiill great for first time out this year!!

Thanks Biden for the great gas prices!

20210303_142741.jpg

20210303_134947.jpg

20210303_124244.jpg

1 hour ago, peteinpa said:

Just got back, saw a high of 59F on dash👍 Still a LOT of anti skid on the roads, got to practice my ABS stops and TCS take offs. Stiill great for first time out this year!!

Glad you got out for a ride.. As I just stated riding again after a 10 year hiatus I'm doing the same  & preparing myself for the real riding weather. ....OMG crazy gas prices!!! 

And me too. Just got back. Temperature between 5-9 C. 4 yours, 250 km. And couple of picturesCC0747DC-229A-49FC-AB61-0B79701222A6.thumb.jpeg.75760d57ac46d2727f4326249c2ffa1d.jpegFew of you must be familiar with this places.

IMG_4220.JPG

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 3

• Supporting Member
5 hours ago, peteinpa said:

20210303_134947.jpg

Prices have really jumped up here in the last week, regular 87 is $3.30 now.  😲  Ethanol free premium was $3.75 2 weeks ago, I am afraid to see what it is at now.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

24 minutes ago, betoney said:

Prices have really jumped up here in the last week, regular 87 is $3.30 now.  😲  Ethanol free premium was $3.75 2 weeks ago, I am afraid to see what it is at now.

Why was that the FIRST thing he did, kill the pipeline???  Must be putting $$$$$ in his pockets through the Saudi's.