FJ-09 Photo Thread

• Premium Member
On 4/29/2021 at 6:38 PM, betoney said:

Sunny afternoon ride in the low 70's and I got to this...

image.thumb.png.102cb8e5d957b090575993fcb92ecb56.png

Started out 43゚today but really Warmed up to mid upper eighties but windier than all get out, 50 mile an hour gusts average wind speed in the thirties

I've almost caught up with you but I got my 15 new in July of 16, you?

20210501_180355.jpg

• Supporting Member
39 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Started out 43゚today but really Warmed up to mid upper eighties but windier than all get out, 50 mile an hour gusts average wind speed in the thirties

I've almost caught up with you but I got my 15 new in July of 16, you?

I got mine new in the crate in December of 2016. 

I have 2 road trips planned (4-day solo ride and 7-day group ride) before the end of June which will add another 4,500 miles and then 5-day and 3-day solo rides in August and September, so the miles are really adding up.

I took a ride to The Columbia River Gorge a few weeks ago which is infamous for high winds, many hundreds of acres of wind farms, I was getting blown around pretty good and leaned over into the wind, my head felt like it was in a paint shaker, I had a sore neck afterward for over a week.

Its hard to tell from the photo but these are over 400' tall at the highest tip of the blade.

image.thumb.png.ea5f12fe0b9bb8c5306538146696ae76.png

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, betoney said:

Its hard to tell from the photo but these are over 400' tall at the highest tip of the blade.

Do those have de-icing equipment in case it freezes?   Asking for 29.2 million Texas friends...  

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
On 4/24/2021 at 2:10 AM, Rick123 said:

And seems like nobody is wearing mask. 👍

We just stopped for a quick pic. We always put our masks on going in to pay for gas or to use the restroom.  I still do, even though I'm twice vaccinated.  Thanks for your concern though. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Premium Member
15 hours ago, betoney said:

I got mine new in the crate in December of 2016. 

I have 2 road trips planned (4-day solo ride and 7-day group ride) before the end of June which will add another 4,500 miles and then 5-day and 3-day solo rides in August and September, so the miles are really adding up.

I took a ride to The Columbia River Gorge a few weeks ago which is infamous for high winds, many hundreds of acres of wind farms, I was getting blown around pretty good and leaned over into the wind, my head felt like it was in a paint shaker, I had a sore neck afterward for over a week.

Its hard to tell from the photo but these are over 400' tall at the highest tip of the blade.

I hear you about the wind, I really got beat up the last 45 miles of slab slog home.

I found 80 is actually better than 70...

I had to take the latter half of 17, most of 18 & 19 a lot of 20 off to remodel my 2 kids house.  Plus my health issues...

I bought the FJ to tour on due to my neck & back but only did one 2 day 650 mile circuit over all these years.  😞  All the other miles are out and back 250 average mile day rides!!  Same goes for my VTR.

I know I've sounded like a broken record but I AM going to get my back fixed soon.  My neck will be next in 22 but I've decided to live with shoulder and elbow tears, after what I went through with the opposite sides. Same goes with my prostate after the disappointing results of 3 procedures.  Now if they could just figure out what's going on with my colon. Another cataract job should be a comparative breeze.

It's hell getting old... 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

Yup, 40 stories tall, 400 feet. Went past a "Patch" of them on Hwy 79 in Texas going to The Hill Country last month. Big They Are!

Yeah

• Like 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

17 hours ago, Rick123 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.520c7ed104f04632845ef92d5f8827d0.jpeg

Is that snow, I mean SNA-SNA-SAN-SSNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWWW on the ground? Says the guy from Louisiana.

• Haha 1

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

16 minutes ago, tktplz said:

Is that snow, I mean SNA-SNA-SAN-SSNNNNNOOOOOOOWWWWWWW on the ground? Says the guy from Louisiana.

Yes indeed. Picture was taken 22nd of March this year and normally in March this area is completely covered with snow and not rideable (low temperatures too).

Edited by Rick123
  • Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

My "office" for today. First time running EMS off of a motorcycle. We had a bicycle event (bicycling is another passion of mine). The fire department EMS coordinator and I planned what I could reasonably be prepared to treat off a motorcycle until a fully equipped ambulance arrived. You can see my list of where I was storing what - a combination of grouping like items and what fit where. The Spot is there because there are just a couple of miles with no cell service. My service radio would have been fine, too - it was in the tankbag.

The worst medical issue anyone experienced was severe leg cramps 3 miles from the finish resolved with gentle stretching, energy gels, and water. 

I rode the motorcycle 165 miles for SAG support of a bike ride with 20, 45, and 70 mile options hopping among different groups. It was a lot of fun. I'm wiped out. I should have hydrated better myself! :) 

The bike did great. I left it in B mode the whole time to make it easier to follow riders. The bike did great in 2nd fear, but the thermostat would always run up and the fan kick on in 1st. 

0515210703a.jpg

0515210700.jpg

• Thumbsup 4

• Supporting Member

Finally managed to peel myself away from work for a day, and took a reconnaissance ride out to Grand Bend ON, one of our favourite summer hangouts. Parked in front of the beach house for a photo (was chased off the sidewalk shortly after). Had some ice cream and water. A nice day out.

gb_beachhouse.thumb.jpg.109eb569c1ac4d76f7ea52e6a4a47faf.jpg

Roadside hydration stop on way back.

69501268_roadsidestop.thumb.jpg.85a087bec5cce79e2cc4c3406ed2ac20.jpg

• Thumbsup 5

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif