Yoshimura Y- Series Exhaust for the FJ-09

2whltuner

Seems all good. Does anybody know the torque values for the right side engine case (clutch) cover bolts? I undid these in order to remove the O2 sensor cable and unplug it when I unscrewed the O2 sensor (so the wire didn't wind up at all). I am using around 10-11 nm. Not sure if that is enough.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

Thanks. I went with 11 nm. I will redo at 12 nm.

Well, I have to say I LOOOOVE the sound. It's not just louder and deeper. I think as a result of the louder and deeper sound, it also has much more of the triple purrr...lol. And compared to stock, it sounds angry. Awesome. Glad I upgraded. Could be placebo or the sound affecting my perception but I suspect it has better response and power.
2017 FJ-09 - Yoshimura Y-series Exhaust / MRA Sport Screen / Evotech Rad Guard & Fork Sliders / Custom LED Rear Tail Light / Lowering Links / Mirror Extenders / Low Seat / Tail Tidy / Shogun Swingarm Sliders - Touring mods > Madstad 20" screen (on standby) / SHAD SH36 Hard Cases / SW-Motech Rear Alu-rack - Mods not yet installed > Fender Extender - Mods on the way > MT09 Adventure Pegs / Sargent seats / Knuckle Guard leds / Speedtech Photon Flush Mount LED signals / SW Motech Frame Sliders

My contribution to the Yoshimura exhaust thread. Figured I have asked enough questions, it's time to contribute something. Yeah, I know it's not the lastest news, but it's experience just the same. Here is the beast being slid into my trunk. it arrived here in Pickering, a burb of Toronto, all the way from BC via Canada Post in less than a week. Gotta hand it to Canada Post, they ain't no slouch. I love picking up a Yoshimura exhaust from the Shoppers Drug Mart Post Office. 
Where in Canada did you order your exhaust from?

I ordered it through Bayside Performance in B.C. Worked out pretty good and avoided the much higher cost ala Yamaha Canada dealer. I don't think it is listed on their website but I emailed them and they sold me the exhaust. Shipping was amazing. $26 CDN to me in less than a week....but, it wasn't in stock at their warehouse right away. I think it took 3 weeks overall. Happy with the deal. I can message you the email for Patrick at Bayside Performance who can get an exhaust for you.

So I noticed this puppy sticks out quite a bit and should I go down on the right side, the muffler is going to meet the road. Anybody bother with some sort of guard or protection for the muffler? Is there anything that protects the muffler without looking really odd?

So I noticed this puppy sticks out quite a bit and should I go down on the right side, the muffler is going to meet the road. Anybody bother with some sort of guard or protection for the muffler? Is there anything that protects the muffler without looking really odd?
Your leg? 
Some people have rings of Delrin that purport to protect against minor scrapes. Assuming it's not destroyed just ride the bike with it's newfound character. Or resign yourself to having to pony up for a new can (200-300) and put the money in the piggy bank ahead of time.

Looking at it again, the end-cone is going to take the brunt of it. Yosh can probably sell you the end cap and you can have someone chisel off the old rivets and install the new.

Fair enough. Well, I guess the more important thing to protect on this bike is the underside for now.
Anybody know if this SW Motech skid plate fits with the Yoshimura exhaust?

http://www.twistedthrottle.ca/sw-motech-aluminum-engine-guard-skid-plate-for-yamaha-xsr900-16

• 5 weeks later...
You had a Akrapovic installed and then you changed it for a Yoshi?  Why ? Sound ? Performance? Does Yoshi gives somes additional Hp and torque like Akrapovic?  Thanks. I absolutly want to change my stock exhaust. 
Are you talking about me? I did not install the akrapovic exhaust, but, I was seriously considering it, or possibly, the Hindle... but I chose the Yoshimura because it has is what I believe is the best combination of lightweight, power and sound all the while retaining an exhaust catalyst. It continues to be a great choice.

• 2 weeks later...
You had a Akrapovic installed and then you changed it for a Yoshi?  Why ? Sound ? Performance? Does Yoshi gives somes additional Hp and torque like Akrapovic?  Thanks. I absolutly want to change my stock exhaust. 
Are you talking about me? I did not install the akrapovic exhaust, but, I was seriously considering it, or possibly, the Hindle... but I chose the Yoshimura because it has is what I believe is the best combination of lightweight, power and sound all the while retaining an exhaust catalyst. It continues to be a great choice.

Why did you want to retain a cat?
To keep the fuelling somewhat consistent with stock so as to avoid a re-mapping?

Cheers

Rob

• 1 month later...
Why did you want to retain a cat? To keep the fuelling somewhat consistent with stock so as to avoid a re-mapping?

Cheers

Rob
In some areas, retaining the cat is required by law, thus the reason the Yamaha/Yoshi exhaust system is (as far as I'm aware) the only n50-state legal replacement exhaust system.  In my case, being in California, it's most definitely required.  When I can afford it, the Yamaha/Yoshi system is what I'll be going with...and I'll be leaving it 'as-is'...well, with the exception of having 2WDW update the flash on my ECU. 

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if this fits with the Higdonion trail cage?
@higdonion?? I believe I read that the newest version of the cage can accommodate just about all aftermarket exhaust systems. Have to ask the man himself for previous versions.. tagged him for you.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA