• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

My fellow Australians, my 2016 Tracer is to be sold

So if you are looking to swap, or have an envious mate who'd like to get onto an immaculate 2016 with all the best add-ons, including the superb BAGSTER seat, take a look at my very detailed ad that will imminently be on the BIKESALES website.   Only 6,610km and only $11,400.   Personal reasons compel the sale, sadly...

P1040367.jpg

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Nooooo! You're at least 10% - perhaps as much as 25-30% - of the reason I even visit this forum!

But seriously... Whatever your personal reasons I hope everything is okay with you. I'd love it if you stick around, but if you don't thank you for bringing some joy to our little community of Tracer riders.

Nooooo! You're at least 10% - perhaps as much as 25-30% - of the reason I even visit this forum! 
But seriously... Whatever your personal reasons I hope everything is okay with you. I'd love it if you stick around, but if you don't thank you for bringing some joy to our little community of Tracer riders.
Thank you!   Any advance on 30%?   Anybody??

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Hopefully nothing serious @wordsmith. I don’t always agree with your posts, but I always read them ?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• Supporting Member
Well darn it, @wordsmith. I hate to hear you are parting with the Tracer/FJ, and wish you all the best of luck. Please hang around the forum even if you don't have the bike (hopefully only a temporary situation), as we all enjoy your contributions and participation.

Take care!
-Scott

Wordsmith:  (aka Obiwan)

As so many others have already said ... very sorry to see you are having to sell your (immaculate) Tracer.  I hope that whatever the personal reason that is compelling the sale ... is eventually resolved and you are able to own a motorcycle and ride again.  Regardless of make and model.

In the meantime, as a lover of literature, and someone with degree in English and absolutely no writing talent at all .... hope that you will remain active on this forum.  Your "Wordsmithing" skills are truly remarkable, and as others have stated YOU are one of the reasons I consistently revisit this forum.  You always bring unique perspective and the ability to convey with humor that will be sorely missed if you decide to leave.

Regardless:  Good luck and may your personal issues resolve themselves .... in your favor. 

Vijay ... a wanabe "Word Jedi".

Dear friends.

The hundreds (well, half a dozen or so) of kind expressions and good wishes, and utter despair at my self-enforced departure from the ranks of Traceristas, are both unexpected and much appreciated.   Thank you all for your support – I shall always wear it.

Imagine a motorcycle that was made just at the outset of WWII (September 1939 for those unacquainted with history).   By now, that motorcycle would undoubtedly be looking a bit the worse for wear.   Paintwork might have peeled off, replaced by rust; early-morning starting would be tentative at best; and accompanied by much choking and spluttering and eventual hesitant and uncertain running as the ride proceeded.   Bits would fall off under way; spare parts would be unobtainable, as would the necessary mechanical skills to bring the bike back to its earlier glory.

Well, folks, I too was made at that time, and old age has finally caught up with me as well!

I should explain that I am not in ill-health – rather that I have some ‘wellbeing’ issues.

I have a neurological problem in my feet and lower limbs, which causes loss of feeling ‘down there’, not helpful when changing gears, braking, or putting feet down when stopping.   This condition was inherited from my late mother (thanks mum!) and is irreversible but may not worsen.

Off the bike, this causes me easily to lose balance and to stumble frequently, particularly if I’m on uneven ground – a casual observer might think I was drunk!   To compensate for this I think I might actually take up the Demon Rum – after all, isn’t alcohol one of the five main food groups?

Second issue is at the other end, another age-related condition which causes regular episodes of blurriness in my vision.   My delight has always been distance touring, but this loses its charm if I cannot see the countryside as I whizz by!   Eye-drops keep it under control, but are a bit hard to apply under a visor at 100kph!

Neither of these issues will kill me, but in recent times I have also noticed some deterioration in my riding skills (such as they ever were) and on-the-road concentration.   My GP tells me that my ailments are both very common among older citizens, and unable to be reversed.   I guess I just gotta suck it up!

So I made the decision – not lightly taken – to quit riding altogether before something bad happens.   In my many years of riding I have never come off, and don’t want to start now.

My medico son tells me that “old bones heal slow”.   Pausing only to correct him (should be “…slowly”) I considered my options.   My wife has been an enthusiastic rider herself in past years, always very supportive of my two-wheeled activities, and she too thinks it may be the right decision at the right time.
So the decision was made.

Anyway, the bike sold with 24 hours of my ad being posted, and will be delivered to the new owner shortly – I will be sure to tell him about this most excellent Forum, and I'm sure he will get as much out of it as I have.

Thank you all again and best wishes – I shall keep in touch.

• Premium Member
Dear friends.  
The hundreds (well, half a dozen or so) of kind expressions and good wishes, and utter despair at my self-enforced departure from the ranks of Traceristas, are both unexpected and much appreciated.   Thank you all for your support – I shall always wear it.

Imagine a motorcycle that was made just at the outset of WWII (September 1939 for those unacquainted with history).   By now, that motorcycle would undoubtedly be looking a bit the worse for wear.   Paintwork might have peeled off, replaced by rust; early-morning starting would be tentative at best; and accompanied by much choking and spluttering and eventual hesitant and uncertain running as the ride proceeded.   Bits would fall off under way; spare parts would be unobtainable, as would the necessary mechanical skills to bring the bike back to its earlier glory.

Well, folks, I too was made at that time, and old age has finally caught up with me as well!

I should explain that I am not in ill-health – rather that I have some ‘wellbeing’ issues.

I have a neurological problem in my feet and lower limbs, which causes loss of feeling ‘down there’, not helpful when changing gears, braking, or putting feet down when stopping.   This condition was inherited from my late mother (thanks mum!) and is irreversible but may not worsen.

Off the bike, this causes me easily to lose balance and to stumble frequently, particularly if I’m on uneven ground – a casual observer might think I was drunk!   To compensate for this I think I might actually take up the Demon Rum – after all, isn’t alcohol one of the five main food groups?

Second issue is at the other end, another age-related condition which causes regular episodes of blurriness in my vision.   My delight has always been distance touring, but this loses its charm if I cannot see the countryside as I whizz by!   Eye-drops keep it under control, but are a bit hard to apply under a visor at 100kph!

Neither of these issues will kill me, but in recent times I have also noticed some deterioration in my riding skills (such as they ever were) and on-the-road concentration.   My GP tells me that my ailments are both very common among older citizens, and unable to be reversed.   I guess I just gotta suck it up!

So I made the decision – not lightly taken – to quit riding altogether before something bad happens.   In my many years of riding I have never come off, and don’t want to start now.

My medico son tells me that “old bones heal slow”.   Pausing only to correct him (should be “…slowly”) I considered my options.   My wife has been an enthusiastic rider herself in past years, always very supportive of my two-wheeled activities, and she too thinks it may be the right decision at the right time.
So the decision was made.

Anyway, the bike sold with 24 hours of my ad being posted, and will be delivered to the new owner shortly – I will be sure to tell him about this most excellent Forum, and I'm sure he will get as much out of it as I have.

Thank you all again and best wishes – I shall keep in touch.

Thank you sir and good luck, I think I may have learned some new words from reading your posts.
BLB

Archived