R-09 Concept

• Supporting Member
Though this is only a concept, its an exciting use of the CP3 engine.  Size, weight and handling of an R6 with a tweaked CP3 motor, sign me up!  This would be INSANE in the twisties.

https://www.superstreetbike.com/2018-yamaha-r-09-concept?src=SOC&dom=fb

Does this intrigue anyone else?

ssb-2018-r09-concept-02.jpg

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

It intrigues me, the motor size with its liter bike sized motor HP/TQ makes it a very nice all around track bike rather its a short course or a long speed sweeper course... its a nice middle of the road "power" between a R6 and R1... also bike this will help further more R&D/backyard tinkering to further push/unlock the potential of the CP3 motor... I have also noticed the last 2yrs I have seen more female riders at the local track on FZ-09s, the avg reply was they love the weight of an R6 but hate the weight of an R1, the FZ-09 was a nice balance of weight and power...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

That is a great looking bike, wish my broken body could still ride bikes like that!
Exactly.  The crotch rocket riding position is a no-go for me.  I'd be crippled before I got out of the driveway...

That is a great looking bike, wish my broken body could still ride bikes like that!
Exactly.  The crotch rocket riding position is a no-go for me.  I'd be crippled before I got out of the driveway...
I'm with you guys, getting to be a bit old for the position for longer than 30 minutes. My bike before the FJ-09 was a ninja. A ZX11 Ninja..........with handlebars. Yes you heard that right. Spiegler makes handlebar kits for a lot of bikes. Here's a pic. Yeah, it put the "Sport" in sport touring.  

IMG_5108.jpg

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Premium Member
It seems like this bike could be raced in WERA B Superbike and Supersport (and probably an endurance class); and AHRMA Sound of Thunder 1 and Formula Thunder.  If you're into that sort of thing.  Most likely it would be aimed at the riders who want to look like racers when they ride on the street.  For that bunch, it would seem to lack a hp figure to brag about.

https://ridemsta.com/oh-tmr/  Riding makes me happy. "Do it or don't do it - you'll regret both." - Soren Kierkegaard

2015 FJ-09, 60k miles, Hord Power ECU, K-Tech suspension, MC Cruise

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The FJ-09 is my sport bike! 

FJR1300 is my touring bike, though I do take the FJ-09 if most of the tour is twisty...

75 year old knees make super sport ergos more like torture than riding. 

It is cool looking though...

Archived