To goo or un-goo, that is the question

To goo or un-goo, that is the question!  

54 members have voted

1. 1. To goo or un-goo, that is the question

• Remove the goo portion of the Tracer goo GT graphics
    • Leave it as delivered, I like goo!

• Supporting Member

I wish they used a different font that didn’t look like goo.  Maybe a graphics shop could make a decal and sell thousands of them. 

@Cruizin who is the graphics artist that made the forum website logo?

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member

I would probably de-goo the Tracer if it were me, @motopumps.  I think it would look cleaner with just the small GT subscript.  

Also, I find it amusing that Yamaha rounds 847cc up to 900...  Honda called the 647cc Hawk an NT650, so why isn’t this a Tracer 850 GT?  Admittedly, an FJ-08.5 would have been awkward, but you get the point.  Enquiring minds want to know!  :) 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texscottyd said:

Also, I find it amusing the Yamaha rounds 847cc up to 900...   

In some places with ultra-strict consumer protection laws, this might be considered illegal under the 'misleading information' heading...   But where does it end?   847 could become 850.. or 851... or 860.

• Thumbsup 1

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

All 2018+ Tracer 900GT should be named Tracer 900 FRD ... "FRD"= forum research and development because we know Yamaha took notes on what people say/want 😆

• Thumbsup 2
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Ty for this post, I was just about to post similar question. I want to clean up the side panel and to remove actually the whole names tracer Gt everything. All can be done by just “hair dryer technique “ right. As in none of these things are under clear coat and stuff ? 

26 minutes ago, motopumps said:

Correct. All of it is above the paint.  Just use a hair dryer or heat gun to soften the adhesive.  Leaving the bike in the sun before you start is a help as well.

Rob

What is a sun? ( Ohio guy asking) :D 

• Haha 2