Cruise control light flashing

18 hours ago, Torbeach said:

Transport Canada has issued a recall notice for different models including the 2019/20 Tracer GT to fix a brake switch defect that can also cause the Cruise Control to not work or turn off. 

In Spain too. I received a letter from “DGT”     (Traffic Dept.) yesterday.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
8 minutes ago, reiny said:

Just replaced mine, would be nice to get my $225.00 back!

$225.00?  😲  Did they charge you for 2 hours labor?

The part is less than $20 and can be changed in a few minutes, its held on with 1 screw.

Buy Yamaha 1HP-83980-01-00 - FRONT STOP SWITCH ASSY. This OEM...

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Hmmmmmm...... dealer told me i needed part # b1j-83980-00-00 which is $67.65 USD on Partzilla. By the time it got here, it would've been somwewhat close to what i paid from dealer in Canadian dollars anyways.. It doesn't plug in the same way as the part # you showed, it's all one complete assembly. Am i missing something here?

• Supporting Member
34 minutes ago, reiny said:

Hmmmmmm...... dealer told me i needed part # b1j-83980-00-00 which is $67.65 USD on Partzilla. By the time it got here, it would've been somwewhat close to what i paid from dealer in Canadian dollars anyways.. It doesn't plug in the same way as the part # you showed, it's all one complete assembly. Am i missing something here?

My bad, I posted the part # that fits the FZ/MT/FJ/XSR and Tracer, every model EXCEPT the GT.  -Sorry.

• Premium Member
On 11/26/2020 at 1:49 PM, mikerbiker said:

This just happened to me on my 2019 Tracer GT, 12,500 miles. Mid-ride the cruise control wouldn't engage. Light would just flash. Was in 4th gear or higher.  Searched and found this thread.  I'll try it tmw and update.  Bike is now in garage as the 23lb turkey roasts...

Well just to update this went out today and no problems w CC.  Worked fine.  I toggled the rear and front brake levers while it sat in garage.  Whether it was the on/off, checking the brakes, dont know.  Wonder if the recall will come to USA.

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member

Mine acted up on my way home from a trip in mid October. Currently it’s in the shop for a stupid boo boo I had. I told the service guy about seeing a recall notice from Yamaha Europe and he said he’d look into it but I haven’t heard anything back from him yet. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bowlin01 said:

@Clicknow mines a 2018 GT and has had the recall and replacement fitted 24th Nov 2020

Hi Bowlin01 you don't know how long the job took do you?

I'm looking to get mine booked in, hoping it could be done while I wait.

Just don't fancy a Bus/Train trip home & back if it's a leave it with us all day job. Would rather stand outside the shop in all my bike gear (staying warm) for an hour or so....

Thanks

Mick

• Supporting Member
9 minutes ago, mickey63 said:

Hi Bowlin01 you don't know how long the job took do you?

I'm looking to get mine booked in, hoping it could be done while I wait.

When you call to book the appointment, ask the service manager.  They usually have an allotted time for each specific service, whenever I have had my bike in for service the service manager can look up any routine service and give me an estimate on how long it should take.

• Like 1